Registration says e-mail address already used but its not on member list Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4 posters

Registration says e-mail address already used but its not on member list

Nancy Rinn

Language : English

Solved Registration says e-mail address already used but its not on member list

Post by Nancy Rinn November 11th 2015, 5:23 pm

I'm unable to figure out why a user isn't able to register. They thought they had been accepted but never received the confirmation and can't log in. I checked the member list and neither their user name nor email address are on the list. I tried to register them but received this error message: Sorry, but that e-mail address is already registered by another user

I checked the previous posts and saw a suggestion to turn off the setting on the spam filter system in my ACP. I did turn it off but still wasn't able to register the person.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by Nancy Rinn on November 11th 2015, 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113

Solved Re: Registration says e-mail address already used but its not on member list

Post by brandon_g November 11th 2015, 6:43 pm

Hello,

What is the username they are trying to register with? If it is too simple the anti spam filter may censor it. If its one word, try adding number or symbols to it when registering, it can always be changed back to what they want it to be in the ACP. Wink

-Brandon

Registration says e-mail address already used but its not on member list Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic Registration says e-mail address already used but its not on member list Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Registration says e-mail address already used but its not on member list Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    Nancy Rinn

Solved Re: Registration says e-mail address already used but its not on member list

Post by Nancy Rinn November 11th 2015, 6:54 pm

The user name was Fred - very simple. I tried 'Fred Fred' 'Fred1' 'Fred10' and none worked. The response in every case was: Sorry, but that e-mail address is already registered by another user.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498

Post by SLGray November 11th 2015, 8:41 pm

Did you check here?

AP > Users & Groups > Users > Inactive List

Registration says e-mail address already used but its not on member list Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19325
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape November 11th 2015, 8:43 pm

Take a look in the following settings

ACP(Admin Control Panel) > Users and Groups >  Users > Inactive Users > New users > Active

it looks to me that the member was meant to get a Email but did not get it

Registration says e-mail address already used but its not on member list Left1212Registration says e-mail address already used but its not on member list Center11Registration says e-mail address already used but its not on member list Right112
    Registration says e-mail address already used but its not on member list Ape_b110
    Registration says e-mail address already used but its not on member list Ape1010
    Nancy Rinn

Post by Nancy Rinn November 11th 2015, 9:41 pm

Thank you!! I forgot to even check the inactive list. Your help is very much appreciated!
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113

Post by brandon_g November 11th 2015, 10:12 pm

Topic solved and archived ~ brandon_g

Registration says e-mail address already used but its not on member list Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic Registration says e-mail address already used but its not on member list Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Registration says e-mail address already used but its not on member list Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points