Problem with forum metadata on facebook: change associated image Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with forum metadata on facebook: change associated image

Onddruid
    Onddruid

Language : English

Problem with forum metadata on facebook: change associated image Empty Problem with forum metadata on facebook: change associated image

Post by Onddruid Thu 11 Feb 2016 - 5:38

So I integrated my forum with facebook and now that the app is in development I noticed that when I type the link to my forum on facebook it will dispay the icons in the top row on my home page - those associated with userlist, usergroups.

Looking for a solution I have found some clues, mainly

Facebook will use any open graph meta tags if present for the title, and image etc (eg, og:title). The facebook documentation for Open Graph Protocol explains this in more detail:

The Open Graph protocol defines four required properties:

og:title - The title of your object as it should appear within the graph, e.g., "The Rock".

og:type - The type of your object, e.g., "movie". See the complete list of supported types.

og:image - An image URL which should represent your object within the graph. The image must be at least 50px by 50px and have a maximum aspect ratio of 3:1.

To me it looks like I need to change the object - og:image to a picture that is a bit prettier than the icons.

I do not have a picture in my forum header if that is interesting and I really dont want to put one there unless I can hide it from being viewed when using the forum.

So long story short: I want to make facebook associate my forum link with a better image and I know very little about coding.

Would be really happy with some more clues Smile
    Onddruid
    Onddruid

Language : English

Problem with forum metadata on facebook: change associated image Empty Re: Problem with forum metadata on facebook: change associated image

Post by Onddruid Sat 13 Feb 2016 - 14:47

Ok I am giving this a bump now, anyone have any idea?