[phpbb3] Changing the Information Notice Message? Or make a new Information Notice Message? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2 posters

[phpbb3] Changing the Information Notice Message? Or make a new Information Notice Message?

Poser
    Poser
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 413
    Language : English, Filipino

[phpbb3] Changing the Information Notice Message? Or make a new Information Notice Message? Empty [phpbb3] Changing the Information Notice Message? Or make a new Information Notice Message?

Post by Poser April 23rd 2016, 9:43 pm

Do I have a chance of changing the Information Notice Message? This is my case: I am currently creating a forum to which members can post a topic but not allowed to view topics in the said forum. This is because what I am making is a forum for my students' assignments. I chose to have those permissions because I don't want my students to copy assignments from one of their classmates whenever someone has already posted their assignments earlier. The reason why I want to change the Notice Message is that I just want to inform the students that they have successfully entered their assignments, even though the notice message is like this:

[phpbb3] Changing the Information Notice Message? Or make a new Information Notice Message? Change10

Instead of saying "Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum.", I would have it changed into "You have successfully entered your assignment. However, you are not allowed to view it."
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51512
    Language : English

[phpbb3] Changing the Information Notice Message? Or make a new Information Notice Message? Empty Re: [phpbb3] Changing the Information Notice Message? Or make a new Information Notice Message?

Post by SLGray April 24th 2016, 8:45 am

If this is like a student turning in homework, could you not use the private message system?  In this way, only the student and the pm receiver will see it.

[phpbb3] Changing the Information Notice Message? Or make a new Information Notice Message? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    Poser
    Poser
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 413
    Language : English, Filipino

[phpbb3] Changing the Information Notice Message? Or make a new Information Notice Message? Empty Re: [phpbb3] Changing the Information Notice Message? Or make a new Information Notice Message?

Post by Poser April 24th 2016, 11:34 am

@SLGray I have also thought of that, however I am more convinced of having this case. But I have already something in mind now that would substitute the case that I am into. So I would like to request the closure of this thread.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51512
    Language : English

Post by SLGray April 24th 2016, 2:27 pm

Locked as Requested

[phpbb3] Changing the Information Notice Message? Or make a new Information Notice Message? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.