Confirmation before delete Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2 posters

Confirmation before delete

johnmcspunkencock
    johnmcspunkencock

Language : English

Solved Confirmation before delete

Post by johnmcspunkencock May 11th 2016, 10:31 pm

Hi guys

Before any post is deleted, moved, split etc I would like the option of confirming it first as to avoid any loss by myself or moderators. I am about to open a standard forumation free forum so how and where do I set it so any action will require this?
    Currently, clicking delete will just straight delete without any 'are you sure you want to complete this action?' Or whatever it says. Have looked and couldn't see that option in Admin panel

Cheers ;-)
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113
    Language : English

Solved Re: Confirmation before delete

Post by brandon_g May 11th 2016, 11:00 pm

Hello,

Actually if you click delete it should ask for confirmation first and if you hit yes then it is deleted, it shouldnt just stright delete. Splitting and merging requires performing like a 4 step process as is (plus a confirmation page) so the chances of doing these accidentally are very small. The only moderation action that doesnt have a confirmation message is move, however, moving a topic by accident isn't terribly damaging as you can always move it back to the proper again if need be. Wink

What you are asking should already happen automatically by default, unless you have installed codes and stuff that force the system to by pass them.

-Brandon

Confirmation before delete Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic Confirmation before delete Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Confirmation before delete Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points