The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
5 posters

I would like you to make a new banner from scratch, that still looks like the one I have now. Just in another style.

E.J.M.
    Forumember

Language : English

Completed I would like you to make a new banner from scratch, that still looks like the one I have now. Just in another style.

Post by E.J.M. July 7th 2016, 6:38 pm

Creation Type : Banner
    Dimensions : 256x256
    Primary Colors : Blue, White/Grey.
    Secondary Colors : N/A
    Images to include :
    Text to insert : N/A
    Font : N/A
    Font Color : N/A
    Link to my Forumotion forum : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Username on the forum : Lynx
    Link to last graphic request : help.forumotion.com/t139892-requesting-a-banner-for-my-forum
    Detail description : Hello,

Take a look at my current banner.

Now imagine that banner looking a bit more like this one: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I want my banner to have the same style as that one, if you know what I mean. Only 1 or 2 blue colors, instead of the thousands in my current banner. The same for the other colors, like grey and white.

Instead of a black frame around it, you could try using a darker blue.

Also, it should not have a shadow underneath it, like the current one does.

(I did not read the rules this time, but I have done so before. I needed "special access" to read them. Hopefully this won't be a problem!)

Thank you, very much! Smile
    BlackScorpion
    BlackScorpion
    Graphic Designer
    Graphic Designer

Male Posts : 7038

Completed Re: I would like you to make a new banner from scratch, that still looks like the one I have now. Just in another style.

Post by BlackScorpion July 7th 2016, 7:18 pm

It seems your forum is locked and i cannot see your stats, please PM me a copy Admin Panel as shown below. I will lock this post untill i receive it.

As for the rules needing special access? not sure what you mean, they should be available to everyone. Thanks for informing us, I'll have to check on it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Updated 7/7/16. Request unlocked.

Here's my try, a simple banner like that would not look right on your forum with the theme you have, i tried something different, let me know of you like.

[ Middle area Transparent ] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Code:
    http://s1053.photobucket.com/user/Blkscorpion2/media/logo_zpsg1tegbfn.png

Code:
    http://s1053.photobucket.com/user/Blkscorpion2/media/Logo2_zpsi0viw5lg.png

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] || [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] || [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    No support provided via PM!
    E.J.M.
    Forumember

Completed Re: I would like you to make a new banner from scratch, that still looks like the one I have now. Just in another style.

Post by E.J.M. July 8th 2016, 3:58 am

Looks pretty cool, but it is not really what I want!

Would really like you (or someone else) to try with the simple style I suggested. I am not only going to give the new banner that kind of style, but also the rest of the forum afterwards.

Also, if making a second attempt, try to make it the same measurements as my current banner. You should be able to take the new one, lower the opacity, put it on the old one, and everything should just match perfectly!

Thanks for trying, and hopefully you or someone else will make another attempt. Very Happy
    BlackScorpion
    BlackScorpion
    Graphic Designer
    Graphic Designer

Post by BlackScorpion July 8th 2016, 4:03 am

E.J.M. wrote:Looks pretty cool, but it is not really what I want!

Would really like you (or someone else) to try with the simple style I suggested. I am not only going to give the new banner that kind of style, but also the rest of the forum afterwards.

Also, if making a second attempt, try to make it the same measurements as my current banner. You should be able to take the new one, lower the opacity, put it on the old one, and everything should just match perfectly!

Thanks for trying, and hopefully you or someone else will make another attempt. Very Happy

so you want the old style on top of your new logo? BTW that is the same size as your banner, i used it asa template. 256x256

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] || [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] || [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    E.J.M.
    Forumember

Post by E.J.M. July 8th 2016, 4:10 am

No. I just meant that if you would put it on top of the other one, they would match perfectly, if you know what I mean... Smile Not that you should do that, and then save the result as the final banner.
    BlackScorpion
    BlackScorpion
    Graphic Designer
    Graphic Designer

Post by BlackScorpion July 8th 2016, 4:22 am

OK so that i can get on the same page as you on the logo you provided it has text, do you don't or you want any text on it ?

Secondly, if you don't want text you just want the circles in the log but in your requested colors? How about in the middle what would you like?

This is where i'm at with your logo.

or

DustyBones
    DustyBones
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1234

Post by DustyBones July 8th 2016, 6:06 am

Here's what I came up with;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by DustyBones on July 8th 2016, 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    BlackScorpion
    BlackScorpion
    Graphic Designer
    Graphic Designer

Post by BlackScorpion July 8th 2016, 6:22 am

Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], for assisting. I had to pull Illustrator out to create the ones above.

skouliki
    skouliki
    Manager
    Manager

Female Posts : 15321
    Language : English,Greek

Post by skouliki July 8th 2016, 8:35 am

hello my try

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by skouliki on July 8th 2016, 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 
        [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    E.J.M.
    Forumember

Post by E.J.M. July 8th 2016, 1:55 pm

Hello!

Thanks to everyone for trying. They all look cool, but DustyBones is the one who understood very well what I really wanted, with his first try:

It looks very good! But would be cool if you could change a few more things, before done. This is what I would like:

1. Change the color of the dark blue frame to # 105289.
    2. If you look at the banner you made me, you can see that the grey thing in the middle is also split in the middle, making to parts. If you look at my current logo, you will see that the left part of that grey thing is actually two parts. You will see that it is split right underneath the thing "sticking out". Would be cool if you could make that to match my current logo. Very Happy
    3. If you look at the grey thing in the middle of my current banner, you will see that there is a ring around it. Would be cool if you could add that, matching exactly my current banner (like everything else you have done).

Thank you!
    BlackScorpion
    BlackScorpion
    Graphic Designer
    Graphic Designer

Post by BlackScorpion July 8th 2016, 5:39 pm

@E.J.M You should have included the color # in your original request, If Dusty has the time to redo the image, that will be up to him. If this request is till open tonight i will attempt it one more time.

DustyBones
    DustyBones
    Active Poster

Post by DustyBones July 8th 2016, 6:58 pm

Here you go;

And with a light stroke around the symbol..
    E.J.M.
    Forumember

Post by E.J.M. July 8th 2016, 7:19 pm

Amazing!

I like the first one a bit more:

I only have one small problem. If you have a look at the the grey circle you just added, and then the inner and outer white lines of that circle, you will see that they aren't very "smooth", like you could see individual pixels.

I think this is because the white edges of that very circle are too thin. Maybe you could give them the same thickness as all of the other white edges?

(Maybe you would also have to make the grey part of that circle thicker too, for it to not look that way, but I am not sure.)

After this I think it is done!

Thank you very much! Very Happy
    DustyBones
    DustyBones
    Active Poster

Post by DustyBones July 8th 2016, 7:59 pm

The white stroke around the circle is anti-aliased so not sure why it's looking pixelated to you.
    You wanted the dimensions to be exactly the same as the original, ie;
    E.J.M. wrote:You should be able to take the new one, lower the opacity, put it on the old one, and everything should just match perfectly
    So that's what I did and they are exact in both the gray width and the width of the white stroke.

Sorry, I'm working on a new project now so I don't have the time to make any more changes to this.
    E.J.M.
    Forumember

Post by E.J.M. July 8th 2016, 8:46 pm

Well, let's leave it as it it, then.

Still, amazing work!

Thank you very much. Good Request completed!
    KpuCk0
    KpuCk0
    Forumember

Male Posts : 871
    Language : Bulgarian, English

Post by KpuCk0 July 8th 2016, 9:00 pm

Request complete.
    Topic moved to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is September 24th 2024, 1:17 am