Ho to make Forum Completely Private Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

Ho to make Forum Completely Private

fincgray
    fincgray

Language : English

Ho to make Forum Completely Private Empty Ho to make Forum Completely Private

Post by fincgray September 5th 2016, 12:09 pm

Technical Details

Forum version : #phpBB3
    Position : Founder
    Concerned browser(s) : Google Chrome
    Who the problem concerns : Yourself
    When the problem appeared : At creation
    Forum link : http://mmualumni.forumotion.co.uk/

Description of problem

I want to create a forum that can only be accessed by invited users via a password. I can't see how to do this via the admin panel. Is this possible under Forumotion? I can't even see how to invite users other than sending them an open link to the forum.
    As administrator, I would like to be able to set up users and allow them access
    TheCrow
    TheCrow
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 6916
    Language : Greek, English

Ho to make Forum Completely Private Empty Re: Ho to make Forum Completely Private

Post by TheCrow September 5th 2016, 12:13 pm

Hello @fincgray,

You can set the forum account activations so that you only can activate them. You can give them random passwords, which of course you have to keep record of them, and then add a field where they can place that code so you can identify them and allow access to them. That's the easiest way i can think of! Smile

Ho to make Forum Completely Private Thecro10
    Forum of the Forums

Forumotion Rules | Tips & Tricks |
    FAQ | Did you forget your password?

*** The Support Forum will never ask you for your email or password, so please do not post them anywhere! ***
    No support via PM!
    fincgray
    fincgray

Language : English

Ho to make Forum Completely Private Empty Re: Ho to make Forum Completely Private

Post by fincgray September 6th 2016, 5:36 pm

Luffy wrote:Hello @fincgray,

You can set the forum account activations so that you only can activate them. You can give them random passwords, which of course you have to keep record of them, and then add a field where they can place that code so you can identify them and allow access to them. That's the easiest way i can think of! Smile

Thanks Luffy

It's not clear in the admin panel how to do this. Is there a tutorial online, anywhere?

Thanks
    again

Fin
    Nemo
    Nemo
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1203
    Language : Greek, English, French

Post by Nemo September 6th 2016, 6:51 pm

Hey,

In order to let only administrators to activate new members, please go to your ACP(Admin Control Panel) > Users and Groups > Users > Users options > Members > New accounts activation : Admin

Hello