Rotating banner: transition issue  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
5 posters

Rotating banner: transition issue

troyeccles
    Forumember

Language : English

Solved Rotating banner: transition issue

Post by troyeccles October 26th 2016, 4:27 pm

bellsareringing.forumotion.com
    phpBB3

Hi,

I have a rotating banner on my forum created from a java script on the thread below:

https://help.forumotion.com/t144239-turn-your-forum-banner-into-a-slide-show#985351

The problem is that between fading transitions, the banner disappears completely causing the entire page to shift upward. This means that as you're reading posts, ever few seconds the page shifts up and then back again.

Is there any way of fixing the height of the banner section so this does not occur during transitions?

Last edited by troyeccles on October 27th 2016, 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19328
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Solved Re: Rotating banner: transition issue

Post by Ape October 26th 2016, 7:34 pm

troyeccles wrote:bellsareringing.forumotion.com
    phpBB3

Hi,

I have a rotating banner on my forum created from a java script on the thread below:

https://help.forumotion.com/t144239-turn-your-forum-banner-into-a-slide-show#985351

The problem is that between fading transitions, the banner disappears completely causing the entire page to shift upward. This means that as you're reading posts, ever few seconds the page shifts up and then back again.

Is there any way of fixing the height of the banner section so this does not occur during transitions?
    Hello if your banners are not the same size this will happen you have to make sure all your banners are 100% the same size.

Rotating banner: transition issue  Left1212Rotating banner: transition issue  Center11Rotating banner: transition issue  Right112
    Rotating banner: transition issue  Ape_b110
    Rotating banner: transition issue  Ape1010
    Valoish
    Valoish
    Forumember

Female Posts : 291

Post by Valoish October 26th 2016, 7:57 pm

@APE If you go on his forum link you'll notice they are all the same size. The issue doesn't show up when on the Portal/Index of the forum, but once you click a topic you notice the issue. I checked his forum and there's a 0.5 second jump during the transition where the image disappears completely. Since this is happening only in the topics and nowhere else, I doubt it's a problem with his images.. It's most likely a small JS bug or something
    Ange Tuteur
    Ange Tuteur
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 13207
    Language : English & 日本語

Post by Ange Tuteur October 26th 2016, 8:16 pm

@troyeccles try setting a default height via the JavaScript.
    height : Defines a default height for all images in the rotation. The measurement used can be px, em, %, etc.. By default, the value is set to auto which is the default height of each image. It's recommend to use images of the same dimensions, as images of different sizes can cause jumping, stretching, etc.. Use this option to set a default height if you experience anything of the like.
    See 2. MODIFICATIONS

Since all the banners are the same height, set the value of this field to the height of those images in pixels.
    troyeccles
    Forumember

Post by troyeccles October 26th 2016, 10:02 pm

Ok Ange I'll give that a go. I did think that was about a setting if different sized images were in play.

I'll get back in a sec
    troyeccles
    Forumember

Post by troyeccles October 27th 2016, 2:04 am

Setting the height in px worked well on one device but not others so I tried 100% and it seems to have fixed the issue.

Thank you once again, @Ange Tuteur.
    And thank you @Valoish for helping me out! Smile

SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51500

Post by SLGray October 27th 2016, 7:04 am

Problem solved & topic archived.
    Please read our forum rules:  ESF General Rules

Rotating banner: transition issue  Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.