Word Censor Not Allowing Deletion Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

Word Censor Not Allowing Deletion

Dr Jay
    Dr Jay
    Forumember

Male Posts : 92
    Language : English

Solved Word Censor Not Allowing Deletion

Post by Dr Jay November 22nd 2016, 12:39 am

Technical Details

Forum version : #phpBB3
    Position : Administrator
    Concerned browser(s) : Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera
    Screenshot of problem : https://i.servimg.com/u/f37/13/43/60/71/word-c10.png
    Who the problem concerns : All members
    When the problem appeared : I saw it a couple weeks ago when I was deleting word censors.
    Forum link : http://www.geekpolice.net

Description of problem

Hello there,

It appears that the old administrator(s) wanted to create word censors for modifying scripts and blocking scripts on the forums. It appears one of these word censors ended up disabling the ability to even edit or delete it, and makes the page look as the attached screenshot. I'm able to edit the other word censors by going to the next page, but page 1 is completely disfigured as shown. I would like to fix this issue, as we don't have need of that word censor or modification to any scripts. Is there anything we can do to fix this?

Edit: As you can see, the asterisk is part of the word censor (*).
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113

Solved Re: Word Censor Not Allowing Deletion

Post by brandon_g November 22nd 2016, 1:44 am

Hello,

What exactly is the censored word? Just the artisk? If so, maybe it wont remove itself because it really isnt censoring anything. Also sincs there doesnt appear to be a replacement specificed it doesnt have anything to change it to so I dont believe it would censor it at all.

Also may you tell us what exactly happens when you try to edit or remove the censor? Do you get an error message? If so, what is it.

-Brandon

Word Censor Not Allowing Deletion Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic Word Censor Not Allowing Deletion Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Word Censor Not Allowing Deletion Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    Dr Jay
    Dr Jay
    Forumember

Male Posts : 92

Post by Dr Jay November 23rd 2016, 5:58 am

I had no ability to modify it. However, I did find the offending censor, and the problem is now considered solved.

What I did was modify a censor on page 2, since I could not modify the censor that was causing code problems on Page 1 of the Word Censors. When modifying that censor on page 2, I modified the url: ...id=46&... I kept changing that number each time to find the offending censor. I found multiple coding modifications and deleted them. Finally, when I deleted the 46th one, the Page 1 went back to normal and I could see all the rest of the censors that were previously being hid by this coding placed in the Word Censor list.

=>TOPIC SOLVED! Smile
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51499

Post by SLGray November 23rd 2016, 7:17 am

Thanks for posting the solution.

Problem solved & topic archived.
    Please read our forum rules:  ESF General Rules

Word Censor Not Allowing Deletion Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.