The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
4 posters

WHITE TEXT ON WHITE BACKGROUND

VampireWicked
    VampireWicked
    Forumember

Language : english

In progress WHITE TEXT ON WHITE BACKGROUND

Post by VampireWicked January 14th 2017, 6:23 pm

Guess What.
    I joined a friend's forum & surprise! They're suffering the same technical issue i and & few others complained about last year.

And OMG! I see this after coming here.

Fonda Fontaine wrote:For some reason the toolbar' with bold, italic and such is gone. and the background has changed to white. with the text colour set to white. this makes it impossible to post. as you can't see what your writing.

How is this still an issue & how is this technical issue that's still causing problems on random boards placed in the MiscellaneousĀ ::Ā Garbage section here?

AND when will this be fixed for ALL BOARDS?

SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498
    Language : English

In progress Re: WHITE TEXT ON WHITE BACKGROUND

Post by SLGray January 14th 2017, 8:28 pm

Please avoid using caps, as it is considered screaming and is very hard to read. Ā Thank you.
    Please read our forum rules: Ā ESF General Rules
    AP > Modules > Toolbar
    You can change the colors there.

WHITE TEXT  ON WHITE BACKGROUND Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    VampireWicked
    VampireWicked
    Forumember

Post by VampireWicked January 15th 2017, 5:55 am

SLGray wrote:
    Please avoid using caps, as it is considered screaming and is very hard to read. Ā Thank you.
    Please read our forum rules: Ā ESF General Rules
    AP > Modules > Toolbar
    You can change the colors there.

An exclamation point is shouting.
    Exclamation mark
    The exclamation mark (Commonwealth English) or exclamation point (American English) is a punctuation mark usually used after an interjection or exclamation to indicate strong feelings or high volume (shouting), and often marks the end of a sentence. Example: ā€œWatch out!ā€ Similarly, a bare exclamation mark (with nothing before or after) is often used in warning signs.

Capital letters is to get your attention.
    "Legal documents sometimes use capital letters to denote areas of special importance. They are, presumably, trying to avoid the area being overlooked by the reader, by making it stand out from the rest of the text."

However thank you for the possible assistance & will give it a try & get back to you IF it has or hasn't worked.

TheCrow
    TheCrow
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 6916
    Language : Greek, English

Post by TheCrow January 15th 2017, 9:35 am

Dear @VampireWicked,

We are not the technical team of Forumotion but a group of volunteers that are happy to help in any way possible other users that have problems.
    I would like it if you were more polite to other members as it's not their fault you are facing those problems and especially not ours.

To your problem, other than the toolbar gone, could you please take a screenshot of the problem and post it? Thank you.

WHITE TEXT  ON WHITE BACKGROUND Thecro10
    ļƒ¦ Forum of the Forums

Forumotion Rules | Tips & Tricks |
    FAQ | Did you forget your password?

*** The Support Forum will never ask you for your email or password, so please do not post them anywhere! ***
    No support via PM!
    VampireWicked
    VampireWicked
    Forumember

Post by VampireWicked January 15th 2017, 4:31 pm

Luffy wrote:Dear @VampireWicked,

We are not the technical team of Forumotion but a group of volunteers that are happy to help in any way possible other users that have problems.
    I would like it if you were more polite to other members as it's not their fault you are facing those problems and especially not ours.

To your problem, other than the toolbar gone, could you please take a screenshot of the problem and post it? Thank you.
    I don't mean to be impolite, rude upset, annoyed, i understand it's volunteers offering free assistance doing what they can when they can & i'm extremely grateful.

What really bothers me is that things were great at a point till some update caused random issues & i'm wondering what are the thoughts of the technical team of Forumotion.

As for my problem how many screen shots are needed when others have experienced the same thing.
    https://i.imgur.com/kuWQ7ro.png
    Can't see text in the reply window when posting a reply.
    Can't see text in the reply window when quoting someone.
    Can't see text when editing a post.

TheCrow
    TheCrow
    Manager
    Manager

Post by TheCrow January 15th 2017, 4:37 pm

I understand your frustration but it's nothing we can do. The editor by default changed the color of the text?
    I believe you can change that using this code in your CSS:
    Code:
    .sceditor-container textarea { color: #000 !important }

ļƒ¦ Forum of the Forums

*** The Support Forum will never ask you for your email or password, so please do not post them anywhere! ***
    No support via PM!
    VampireWicked
    VampireWicked
    Forumember

Post by VampireWicked January 15th 2017, 4:51 pm

Luffy wrote:I understand your frustration but it's nothing we can do. The editor by default changed the color of the text?
    I believe you can change that using this code in your CSS:
    Code:
    .sceditor-container textarea { color: #000 !important }
    Thank you.
    Sorry for my impoliteness, it's just Forumotion has great user friendly forums, I mean seriously user friendly forums & certain outdated devices can access a forum with little trouble loading. And then some update or whatever ruins it.
    It's like making 40 posts on various topics in a day & for some odd reason half gets merged & half gets deleted.

Or using an online service & an update removes half the features.

TheCrow
    TheCrow
    Manager
    Manager

Post by TheCrow January 15th 2017, 4:55 pm

I understand.
    Did the code fix your problem?

ļƒ¦ Forum of the Forums

No support via PM!
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19325
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape January 15th 2017, 8:18 pm

for your editor toolbar you will need to run some tests.
    Please turn off any JavaScripts off you may have running and then see if it comes back.

Now if it comes back you need to turn it all back on and then turn one by one off until you find what code is making this error.

WHITE TEXT  ON WHITE BACKGROUND Left1212WHITE TEXT  ON WHITE BACKGROUND Center11WHITE TEXT  ON WHITE BACKGROUND Right112
    WHITE TEXT  ON WHITE BACKGROUND Ape_b110
    WHITE TEXT  ON WHITE BACKGROUND Ape1010
    VampireWicked
    VampireWicked
    Forumember

Post by VampireWicked January 15th 2017, 10:30 pm

Luffy wrote:I understand.
    Did the code fix your problem?
    Don't know yet, as i said it's not forum.
    My forum did suffer from this problem but was fixed by whatever caused it in the first place.

2. Apparently whatever caused technical issues it doesn't effect all forums as my forum has a problem with an extremely narrow reply window & the other forum doesn't.

APE wrote:for your editor toolbar you will need to run some tests.
    Please turn off any JavaScripts off you may have running and then see if it comes back.

Now if it comes back you need to turn it all back on and then turn one by one off until you find what code is making this error.

I'll give my friend the information, i'm sure this problem is only effecting small otherwise they'd be here looking for a solution, i jumped on here because this was an issue effecting multiple forums at one point.

Current date/time is September 22nd 2024, 8:23 pm