A question about adding new customized domain name. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2 posters

A question about adding new customized domain name.

forexberza.serbianforum
    forexberza.serbianforum
    Forumember

Male Posts : 57
    Language : Srpski

In progress A question about adding new customized domain name.

Post by forexberza.serbianforum 19.01.17 22:46

Hello, I have a question about customized domain name. I would like to buy a new domain and add it to my current forum, but I would also like to use the old custom domain name and redirect the trafic from there to my new one. So what would be good, is to have another Force Redirection Option from old doman to the new one. At the moment, the Force Redirection option on my forum is set to redirect from my .forumation.com to my current domain, so I would like to know if there is a possibility to add another option like that, and to use custom two domains on my forum, since I want to rebrand it with new name. I hope this isn't confusing and that I made my case clear, thanks in advace.
    The Godfather
    The Godfather
    Administrator
    Administrator

In progress Re: A question about adding new customized domain name.

Post by The Godfather 24.01.17 8:47

Hello,

You can not have 2 custom domains on your forum as this would create a duplicate content.

On the other hand, if you no longer want to use your domain acquired via Forumotion and it's still active, we can make you a transparent redirection of this domain to the new one so you'll not lose its traffic. Wink
    forexberza.serbianforum
    forexberza.serbianforum
    Forumember

Male Posts : 57
    Language : Srpski

In progress Re: A question about adding new customized domain name.

Post by forexberza.serbianforum 29.01.17 11:33

Okay!
    Can you do  redirection to this domain  : www.fxsforexsrbijaforum.com
    If the possible, it would be main domains  instead of domain acquired via Forumotion ( fxbo.forumotion.com ) , and thus make space for new custom domain name.  In that case, I will save all traffic, and buy a new domain for customized domain name.
    Wink

Did I understand you correctly?