The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
2 posters

Welcome Private message, allow HTML

ELTP
    ELTP

Male Posts : 18
    Language : English and Finnish

In progress Welcome Private message, allow HTML

Post by ELTP February 5th 2017, 8:39 pm

Hi,

I'm not quite certain where to post this, put by default Forumotion is offering HTML coding for the Welcome private message, but when that message gets sent it doesn't get interpreted correctly (shows the code) since I have disabled the usage of HTML code on our forum for security reasons.

That's why I did the message on BBCode instead but the problem is that the line break code ([br]X[/br]) doesn't get interpreted and the welcome PM box removes every line breaks since it wants me to code using HML. which doesn't work.

So my question, is it possible to allow a group of people to use or just have the welcome message written using HTML coding. Other alternative would be changing the editor from deleting line breaks.

How did you manage here to make that welcoming message to look so nice with the line breaks and all? I doubt you allow HTML code here, either and you probably are using the same HTML editor as I am.

Regards,
    ELTP
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498
    Language : English

In progress Re: Welcome Private message, allow HTML

Post by SLGray February 5th 2017, 9:23 pm

BB Code line break:
    Code:
    [hr]

BB Code Line Break

If you just want a space, using the enter/return key should work.

Welcome Private message, allow HTML Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.

Current date/time is September 22nd 2024, 8:29 pm