For registering user profile field 'location' defaults to "English" Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4 posters

For registering user profile field 'location' defaults to "English"

Kelper
    Kelper

Language : English

Solved For registering user profile field 'location' defaults to "English"

Post by Kelper April 24th 2017, 7:03 pm

Technical Details

Forum version : #phpBB3
    Position : Founder
    Concerned browser(s) : Google Chrome
    Who the problem concerns : All members
    When the problem appeared : Noticed today
    Forum link : barkisland-mill.forumotion.com

Description of problem

When a potential new member registers, they have to complete the mandatory fields in their profile. But 'location' defaults to "English". This is not what I want as it is confusing. I have set the default to 'Town/City'.

How do I remove the field value 'English'? I don't mind if field is blank, but I would prefer Town/City, as a prompt.

For registering user profile field 'location' defaults to "English" Locati15
    For registering user profile field 'location' defaults to "English" Locati14

Last edited by Kelper on April 24th 2017, 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Draxion
    Draxion
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 2518

Solved Re: For registering user profile field 'location' defaults to "English"

Post by Draxion April 24th 2017, 7:09 pm

HI there,

In the profile fields management, did you select 'Replace the Content' at the bottom of the fields management page? That way it replaces the default content for everyone's profile.
    Kelper
    Kelper

Post by Kelper April 24th 2017, 7:16 pm

I understand what you mean, but that option does not appear for this field.

I think your advice only works for custom fields added by the site's admin.

Last edited by Kelper on April 24th 2017, 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Draxion
    Draxion
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 2518

Post by Draxion April 24th 2017, 7:17 pm

Hmm, you're right. Was the default English before you switched it?
    Kelper
    Kelper

Post by Kelper April 24th 2017, 7:21 pm

Draxion wrote:Hmm, you're right. Was the default English before you switched it?

No. I never set a default originally. Anyway, it seems to ignore my new default of "Town/City".
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19357
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape April 24th 2017, 7:26 pm

Draxion wrote:HI there,

In the profile fields management, did you select 'Replace the Content' at the bottom of the fields management page? That way it replaces the default content for everyone's profile.

when you save the settings you need to click the little cog that looks like this >> Then it will show the replaces the default content button at the bottom of that profile you made and changed. you will have to do this to all the ones you have changed or made Smile

For registering user profile field 'location' defaults to "English" Left1212For registering user profile field 'location' defaults to "English" Center11For registering user profile field 'location' defaults to "English" Right112
    For registering user profile field 'location' defaults to "English" Ape_b110
    For registering user profile field 'location' defaults to "English" Ape1010
    Kelper
    Kelper

Post by Kelper April 24th 2017, 7:36 pm

APE wrote:
    Draxion wrote:HI there,

when you save the settings you need to click the little cog that looks like this >> Then it will show the replaces the default content button at the bottom of that profile you made and changed. you will have to do this to all the ones you have changed or made Smile

There is no option to replace the default. I am talking about guests registering, not existing members.

Last edited by Kelper on April 24th 2017, 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected spelling)
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51514

Post by SLGray April 25th 2017, 12:27 am

Are you saying that you changed language to location?

For registering user profile field 'location' defaults to "English" Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    Kelper
    Kelper

Post by Kelper April 25th 2017, 9:12 am

No, please read my original post and look at the two screenshots. In profiles, the field "location" is defaulting to 'English'
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by SLGray April 25th 2017, 9:19 am

Is the image to the right of the text clickable in default content section?  If yes, have clicked it?
    For registering user profile field 'location' defaults to "English" Locati15

Kelper
    Kelper

Solved solved

Post by Kelper April 25th 2017, 9:37 am

Yes, that icon is for LastPass, my password manager. It can autocomplete forms.

If I disable LastPast extension in Chrome, the problem is solved.

Many thanks!
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by SLGray April 25th 2017, 9:21 pm

Problem solved & topic archived.
    Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules