The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
3 posters

Update of forum banner

jkh
    jkh
    Forumember

Language : english

Completed Update of forum banner

Post by jkh May 8th 2017, 7:42 pm

Creation Type : Banner
    Dimensions : N/A
    Primary Colors : N/A
    Secondary Colors : N/A
    Images to include :
    Text to insert : N/A
    Font : N/A
    Font Color : N/A
    Link to my Forumotion forum : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Username on the forum : jkh
    Link to last graphic request : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Detail description : Mimóza very kindly designed the current banner on my forum and I would like to have it updated please following a very important development from this article in the Daily Mail:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A new photo and quote needs to be added please.

Retired murder DCI Colin Sutton: 'I was told by someone very senior that the Scotland Yard investigation was going to be very narrowly focused and that focus would be away from any suspicion of wrongdoing on the part of the McCanns or the tapas friends.'

Last edited by jkh on May 9th 2017, 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    BlackScorpion
    BlackScorpion
    Graphic Designer
    Graphic Designer

Male Posts : 7038
    Language : English

Completed Re: Update of forum banner

Post by BlackScorpion May 9th 2017, 5:34 am

Unfortunately, we cannot update your banner, since we don't have the original PSD file, unless Mimoza, comes a along and updates it for you. Only thing we could do is probably create a new one, but it would not look the same.  You will also have to update your original request about for a new one. I could try to edit your current one but i would need to make some changes to the quotes in the box to make them all match. (see Below)

If you can provide a shorten quote for the first image i can adjust it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] || [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] || [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    No support provided via PM!
    jkh
    jkh
    Forumember

Post by jkh May 9th 2017, 9:57 am

Hello BlackScorpion

Many thanks for coming to my aid!

First of all, Mimoza's header was HUGE! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (when you copy and paste that image it's even bigger) and that was to help reduce the blurriness of the text when it's uploaded (smaller images stretch the text which is why I can't do this particular banner myself).

I did try to contact Mimoza but I don't think she's been here for a few weeks.

DCI Colin Sutton's whistleblowing quote is groundbreaking in this case - we couldn't have wished for anything more - so he needs to be in the middle. His quote could be reduced to: "I was told by someone very senior that Grange would be very narrowly focused, away from any suspicion of wrongdoing on the part of the McCanns."

That gives 26 words - the same as John Stalker.

So, the new line-up would need to be John Stalker, Alex Thomson, Colin Sutton, George Galloway, Wendy Murphy (so the people are facing the correct way into the banner)

Also, could the people be in circles rather than ovals? Colin Sutton's title would be Retired murder DCI.

Thank you so much.

skouliki
    skouliki
    Manager
    Manager

Female Posts : 15311
    Language : English,Greek

Post by skouliki May 9th 2017, 10:58 am

hello 

my try 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
          [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 
        [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    jkh
    jkh
    Forumember

Post by jkh May 9th 2017, 11:04 am

Hello skouliki,

Thank you, that's brilliant! It works!

Would it be possible to have the text the same for each person, as Colin is the odd one out (I'm a perfectionist!). Your text is actually clearer than the original.

Also the quotation mark at the end of Colin's quote doesn't need to be there - just so it matches the others.

And the 'e' on the end of John Stalker's title is missing.

If not, then it's not a problem as it's really very good!
    skouliki
    skouliki
    Manager
    Manager

Post by skouliki May 9th 2017, 11:35 am

can you double check the text please

this is the font i used ( i will keep the file saved if you need any changes in the future tag me )

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 
        [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    jkh
    jkh
    Forumember

Post by jkh May 9th 2017, 11:43 am

Almost there skouliki - missing words in bold red

John Stalker: My gut instinct is that some big secret is probably being covered up. I have a real suspicion we are not being told the whole truth.

George Galloway: Not since Dr Crippen will there have been a case like Madeleine McCann's...they have turned it into a circus

John Stalker's quote box is very slightly bigger than the others.

Gosh, I wish I could do a banner like that!

This is the original banner [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And this is the test forum banner: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You can see the text is much clearer.
    skouliki
    skouliki
    Manager
    Manager

Post by skouliki May 9th 2017, 11:50 am

i knew i had mistakes  Very Happy

jkh
    jkh
    Forumember

Post by jkh May 9th 2017, 11:55 am

Stunning work skouoliki, it's perfect now, thank you so much! :rose:

Have a look at your work [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    skouliki
    skouliki
    Manager
    Manager

Post by skouliki May 9th 2017, 11:56 am

thank you bye
    so please mark your request as solved if it is completed

edit :
    Request complete.
    Topic moved to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is September 22nd 2024, 9:20 pm