iPhone & ipad users / members report difficulty accessing website  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4 posters

iPhone & ipad users / members report difficulty accessing website

azwiz
    azwiz
    Forumember

Male Posts : 837
    Language : english

In progress iPhone & ipad users / members report difficulty accessing website

Post by azwiz May 16th 2017, 12:39 pm

Some of my website members have iPads and or iPhones . Some are reporting extreme difficulty accessing my forum / website .

Android users do not seem to have any of these problems .

What can I tell these iPad and iPhone users about browsers or apps that will make the forum / website more user friendly ?

Please try to be specific with your response . As I am not familiar with iPad / IPhone usage at all .

Thank you

Paul
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10112
    Language : English

In progress Re: iPhone & ipad users / members report difficulty accessing website

Post by brandon_g May 16th 2017, 3:48 pm

Hello,

Can you ask these users to explain exactly what happens when they try to access your forum via an apple device? Do they get an error message or something?

Also are trying to view the site on classic version or mobile version when the issue occurs?

-Brandon

iPhone & ipad users / members report difficulty accessing website  Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic iPhone & ipad users / members report difficulty accessing website  Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

iPhone & ipad users / members report difficulty accessing website  Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19215
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

In progress Re: iPhone & ipad users / members report difficulty accessing website

Post by Ape May 16th 2017, 6:28 pm

Hello,

We have had a report about this before and we found if the member is to tick the stay logged in before trying to log in this helps.

also if they are using macOS - Safari - Apple browser then this is also a problem with our systems.
    Please ask your members to use some other browser and then try again making sure they tick the "Stay logged in tick box before logging in"

iPhone & ipad users / members report difficulty accessing website  Left1212iPhone & ipad users / members report difficulty accessing website  Center11iPhone & ipad users / members report difficulty accessing website  Right112
    iPhone & ipad users / members report difficulty accessing website  Ape_b110
    iPhone & ipad users / members report difficulty accessing website  Ape1010
    SWS
    SWS
    Forumember

Female Posts : 80
    Language : US English / Dutch
    Location : 35 miles NWW of Los Angeles Airport (LAX) when able, currently living 1 mile SWW of Amsterdam Airport (AMS).

Post by SWS May 16th 2017, 7:04 pm

Hey @azwiz, how ya doin'? I'm using an iPhone myself (using a Safari browser), and a Sony Z-series and sometimes it helps to clear cookies and cache to straighten up stuff on the Apple. I hardly use my phones to check my forum, but sometimes I do. Idk why the classic version on my forum is (still) not working on my Apple, even after clearing cache and all, but that's another issue, not related to yours. Hope this helps.
    azwiz
    azwiz
    Forumember

Post by azwiz May 17th 2017, 12:13 am

Thank you Brandon Ape and SWS . I will message them and try to get some specifics . I will get back here as soon as possible . Thanx again for your attentiveness .

Paul

Here is one already .

[quote user="Textor"]For mobile players, they may find it hard to access the web site from safari, the default browser on an iPad or an iPhone. The link you provide is not helpful to a mobile player. Mobile players need to know that the web site can be accessed with the Puffin app., where one can register, and, if they're like me, they'll never use again. It's, simply, too much for the mobile browser. I had to register from my workstation.[/quote]

Yes Textor seems to be saying that " it is too much for his mobile browser " .
    azwiz
    azwiz
    Forumember

Post by azwiz May 17th 2017, 1:49 am

Here is another and my response to him .

Mca19670:
    Right Paul, I'll try and explain this best I can without pics. When any member who has what must be an iPad types in www.valleyofthesun at the top on their browser the website comes up in a forum style. F1 at top right down to F12. I clicked on TWTW which I think was F3. From there I could access all the bulletins. They just don't come up the way it appears in the real website. If I can remember right, when I first joined I had an issue signing up and you did it for me, but there was an option of the classic view or standard view on the tablet at the time, but it doesn't look like that options available now. Basically if I want to go onto the website and see it in all its glory I need to do it through the puffin app. Hope this helps you a bit boss.

Martin

Yes Martin . This will help me and support know the issues . And what to try to eliminate annoyances .

I'm guessing they get a screen something like this

iPhone & ipad users / members report difficulty accessing website  Unsupp10

Or like this .

iPhone & ipad users / members report difficulty accessing website  Correc10

The correct Mobile version screen .

You should have this option in your settings

iPhone & ipad users / members report difficulty accessing website  Reques10

To request computer version .

To look like this

iPhone & ipad users / members report difficulty accessing website  Websit10

Or the reverse request

iPhone & ipad users / members report difficulty accessing website  Reques11

Back to this

iPhone & ipad users / members report difficulty accessing website  Correc10

I think this is what we are talking about . I guess the answer is those 3 bars on the top upper right that give you the version options . Find those on your own phone and see what happens .