The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
3 posters

There an issue going with Virus spreading on my cell phone!!

ArborlyBranch51
    ArborlyBranch51
    Forumember

Language : English

In progress There an issue going with Virus spreading on my cell phone!!

Post by ArborlyBranch51 September 8th 2017, 11:53 am

Every time I type in my forum site after I just spent 500 credit to push SSL Certificate I can see there a lock on my Google Chrome internet but when I go to a normal internet on my cell phone it just straight damage my phone with 5 different virus. Also 1 of my friend on xbox 1 had surf my site and got hit with a virus on his tablet. Now he thinks I'm the one giving him a virus but again I keep telling him that I spoke with my assistant which is they told me to push it to https and I did that already. I spent 500 credit for it and turn on https and turn off the http. I'm getting frustrated that I now have to take my phone to the sprint store to have them figure out how to remove this serious virus just from surfing on my forum site that I use from the forumotion tools to create a forum. I have no idea what the heck is going on right now.

Last edited by ArborlyBranch51 on September 9th 2017, 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
    ArborlyBranch51
    ArborlyBranch51
    Forumember

In progress Re: There an issue going with Virus spreading on my cell phone!!

Post by ArborlyBranch51 September 8th 2017, 11:58 am

why is it that a normal internet would unlock itself and not recognize that it has an SSL Certificate updated on my forum site. So again I ask myself over and over again why is google chrome is the only internet on cellphone that can recognize the SSL Certificate instead of using a normal internet. Why is that. How in the world can a normal internet itself would unlock the SSL Certificate by itself beside Chrome. It just doesn't make any sense to me at all.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113

Post by brandon_g September 8th 2017, 1:01 pm

Hello,

You probably don't have an actual virus. What you saw was probably a fake message triggered by a bad ad. I get those once and a while as well and I simply close close the pop up and move on. Once again your device more then likely does NOT have any viruses. Can you provide me with a screenshot of the 'virus message' you get?

As for the https sign unlocking itself, if you have links or images that are not in https then this will cause your forum to only be 'partial https'. You have to make sure all images and links are in https as well.

-Brandon

There an issue going with Virus spreading on my cell phone!! Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic There an issue going with Virus spreading on my cell phone!! Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

There an issue going with Virus spreading on my cell phone!! Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    ArborlyBranch51
    ArborlyBranch51
    Forumember

Post by ArborlyBranch51 September 8th 2017, 1:29 pm

There an issue going with Virus spreading on my cell phone!! Screen10
    There an issue going with Virus spreading on my cell phone!! Screen12
    There an issue going with Virus spreading on my cell phone!! Screen11
    ArborlyBranch51
    ArborlyBranch51
    Forumember

Post by ArborlyBranch51 September 8th 2017, 1:35 pm

but except google chrome it does recognize the SSL Certificate. For some reason, my internet browser doesn't show SSL Certificate and even on my desktop computer when I'm logging into this site it also mention that it not secure on your site from my end. It doesn't show SSL Certificate and seeing the word adult site, they got me F up for real.
    ArborlyBranch51
    ArborlyBranch51
    Forumember

Post by ArborlyBranch51 September 8th 2017, 1:40 pm

and here the last 1 I see on my desktop computer. It pathetic for real. There an issue going with Virus spreading on my cell phone!! Virus10
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g September 8th 2017, 1:47 pm

It doesn't show on the support forum because the support forum does not have an ssl certificate installed. It is still on http.

Now you say https shows up on google chrome correct? How long ago did you purchase the ssl certificate using credits?

Also yes, just as I thought the virus message is a fake one. If your anti virus software on your device (if you have one) doesn't give you the message, then you can assume it is fake. Your device is more then likely not infected by any virus.

-Brandon

Remember to mark your topic There an issue going with Virus spreading on my cell phone!! Solved15 when a solution is found.

Team Leader
    ArborlyBranch51
    ArborlyBranch51
    Forumember

Post by ArborlyBranch51 September 8th 2017, 1:58 pm

it was 3 hours ago when my friend got hit with a virus just by surfing on my forum site, he got hit so hard that he actually stop talking to me on Xbox 1. I couldn't believe it, because this kid thinks I'm a hacker trying to hack his tablet just by surfing on my forums. They gotta be joking me. I kept telling him that I'm gonna speak with my assistant to see what the F is up which is exact words I said on his end and still no respond from that kid. I call him kid because he seem like a joke for refusing to answer my question to see if it secure now or not. So I had to do the hard way to get my gf to surf on her phone and uh it actually didn't recognize the SSL at all, the only thing that was able to identified the SSL was basically just using a straight up Google Chrome App on her phone. I ask myself why is firefox, and internet is the only 1 that seem to be a real serious problem infecting everyone internet at stake.
    ArborlyBranch51
    ArborlyBranch51
    Forumember

Post by ArborlyBranch51 September 8th 2017, 2:05 pm

the answer to your question, I already purchase the SSL Certificate 3 hours ago it only works on Google Chrome period nothing else. Everything I surf is automatically not secure on the internet and even for Firefox which is really starting to piss me the F off. Now I'm piss because I lost a friend on Xbox 1 today because his tablet got smoked from my forum site. The same thing that happen to my phone today as well. Fried up with 4 different virus on a regular internet. I don't get it.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g September 8th 2017, 2:22 pm

That is why, it takes time, sometimes up to a couple days for our team to install the ssl certificate on your forum. The reason it is not showing is because it has not been installed yet. Give it a couple days for our team to install it and once its installed you will see it works in all browsers.

Now as I said before the message you got about the virus looks like it is a fake and you more likely then do not have a virus, if you take your device to sprint and show them that message they probably tell you the same thing. I have gotten a message like atleast a dozen times since getting my current phone and it still works perfectly fine with no viruses. Tell your friend it is a fake message triggered by an ad and that his device likely does not have a virus.

-Brandon

Team Leader
    ArborlyBranch51
    ArborlyBranch51
    Forumember

Post by ArborlyBranch51 September 8th 2017, 7:56 pm

ok
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51499

Post by SLGray September 8th 2017, 10:06 pm

After you purchase it, did you set the options that appear after you purchase it? Also it will take time for search engines to index your forum again.

There an issue going with Virus spreading on my cell phone!! Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    ArborlyBranch51
    ArborlyBranch51
    Forumember

Post by ArborlyBranch51 September 8th 2017, 10:21 pm

Wow now my forum is so screwed up, I got an email saying that my forum site was validated to .com instead of using forumotion.com, so when i went to admin panel, went to forum address and click on personal forum and change it to .com it just completely destroyed my forum, it said that it can't change to .com because I have an active SSL Certificate. Now I can't enter my forum period. It completely destroyed.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by SLGray September 8th 2017, 10:24 pm

You can not change the forum link after purchasing the SSL certificate.

Do you mean a domain name?

ArborlyBranch51
    ArborlyBranch51
    Forumember

Post by ArborlyBranch51 September 9th 2017, 3:30 am

yes man, I brought a domain name after i just purchase the SSL Certificate and then I got an email today saying that my domain name is valid they ask me to change it to .com instead of .forumotion.com, I turn off forumotion.com and turn on .com and bam my entire forum collapse. It just gone I have no way to access the forum ever again. I wasted all my energy and the time I put in and even the money that I just paid for to get 2100 credit is all gone due to that screwed up forum.
    ArborlyBranch51
    ArborlyBranch51
    Forumember

Post by ArborlyBranch51 September 9th 2017, 3:34 am

WTF is going on? Did yall just fix it some how? I just went to to .com to see if it works and now I have access to the forum. I don't get what the heck just happen 5 hrs ago when my forum collapse after saying that I'm unable to switch .com while SSL Certificate is still active.
    ArborlyBranch51
    ArborlyBranch51
    Forumember

Post by ArborlyBranch51 September 9th 2017, 3:35 am

Now it seem my forum is working properly fine now with a green lock on it
    ArborlyBranch51
    ArborlyBranch51
    Forumember

Post by ArborlyBranch51 September 9th 2017, 3:43 am

ok let me explain this clear SL Gray, What i did first was to buy SSL Certificate while still active to Forumotion.com, I turn on SSL Certificate to make my forumotion.com more secure, after that I didn't like using the additional word such as forumotion at the end of my forum site to .com so I had to purchase my own domain name and I name it all the way to .com instead of seeing the word forumotion.com for example let make up a fake name that Im gonna create it would be Government.forumotion.com so instead of seeing that I brought the domain name to change it to government.com and that when I got hit so hard that my forum just stop working due to having SSL Certificate that was still running on government.formotion.com so 5 hrs later I came back home from work and try to type in government.forumotion.com again this isn't a real site ok this is just an example, so let me get back to the point when I type in government.com that when the forum was working just fine in a nick of time with a green lock on the left side of it. I'm confuse to who or how the heck did that happen when it was all screwed up 5 hrs ago of having no access to the forum site itself.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by SLGray September 9th 2017, 4:41 am

If you purchase a SSL certificate before a domain name, the certificate is removed for a short period of time until it can update to the domain name.

It is best to purchase a domain name first then a SSL certificate.

ArborlyBranch51
    ArborlyBranch51
    Forumember

Post by ArborlyBranch51 September 9th 2017, 8:05 am

so you mean i have to go back in there again and update the ssl certificate again?
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by SLGray September 9th 2017, 6:53 pm

No.

Just check to make sure that it is activated and the settings are what you want.

Current date/time is September 23rd 2024, 7:23 am