Every Time I attempt to Create a new topic it redirects it to the 'my first thread' Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4 posters

Every Time I attempt to Create a new topic it redirects it to the 'my first thread'

JCKane
    JCKane

Language : English

Solved Every Time I attempt to Create a new topic it redirects it to the 'my first thread'

Post by JCKane Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 11:54

Ok. I've recently created a new Formation to host my RP archives. Originally, I had 'Invision Free' but since those forums are being forced to 'Tapatalk' I've decided to create a brand new archives and I've been working on transferring my RPs to the new one.

Now, things were going fine, but suddenly I've been getting this strange error that every time I create a new topic and try to enter it, it will redirect me to the "My first Topic" topic that I had moved to a different location. This error just randomly started as I had not messed with any settings since creating the previous topic and creating the first one that didn't work.

I though maybe it was just the one topic that was messing up. I deleted it, reAdded it but it still redirected me. I even started a 2nd topic with the same name and information in it but again it redirects me. I then attempted to go to a different section and post a new topic there, but still the topic gets redirected.

So, I don't understand what's going on. If someone could help me out, it would be much appreciated.

Edit: I would also like to mention I've been creating new topics for the forum for about 3 hours before this issue hit.

Edit 2: Ok... so apparently it's not just the new topics... every topic redirects to that one thread. Sad

Edit 3: Just incase it's needed. Here's the URL: http://jokaverse.forumotion.com Note: I added the 'my first thread' topic to a 'hidden' board so I could still see it if need be but not others. So if you can't see it. that's probably why.

Last edited by JCKane on Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 12:10; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Added the 'edits' to not double post.)
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113

Solved Re: Every Time I attempt to Create a new topic it redirects it to the 'my first thread'

Post by brandon_g Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 13:28

Hello,

Does it create the topic though? When I go on your forum I see quite the number of topics on it, that is why I am asking.

P.s Have you tried clearing your browser cache and cookies?

-Brandon

Every Time I attempt to Create a new topic it redirects it to the 'my first thread' Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic Every Time I attempt to Create a new topic it redirects it to the 'my first thread' Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Every Time I attempt to Create a new topic it redirects it to the 'my first thread' Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19333
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Solved Re: Every Time I attempt to Create a new topic it redirects it to the 'my first thread'

Post by Ape Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 17:03

Please give us the link to the problem threads. This must be seen by guests.

Every Time I attempt to Create a new topic it redirects it to the 'my first thread' Left1212Every Time I attempt to Create a new topic it redirects it to the 'my first thread' Center11Every Time I attempt to Create a new topic it redirects it to the 'my first thread' Right112
    Every Time I attempt to Create a new topic it redirects it to the 'my first thread' Ape_b110
    Every Time I attempt to Create a new topic it redirects it to the 'my first thread' Ape1010
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51500

Post by SLGray Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 20:48

I have encountered this issue on my forums. It usually happens after I had posted many topics and/or replies in a short period of time.

What I do is log off my forums and clear my browser's cache and history and wait about 30 minutes before logging back into my forums.

Every Time I attempt to Create a new topic it redirects it to the 'my first thread' Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    JCKane
    JCKane

Post by JCKane Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 23:31

SLGray wrote:I have encountered this issue on my forums. It usually happens after I had posted many topics and/or replies in a short period of time.

What I do is log off my forums and clear my browser's cache and history and wait about 30 minutes before logging back into my forums.

^ Ok this seems to be what the problem was. While I didn't seem to have to clear my cache/history, because I got off last night and the forums are working now.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113

Post by brandon_g Wed 22 Nov 2017 - 23:44

May we consider this solved?

-Brandon

Every Time I attempt to Create a new topic it redirects it to the 'my first thread' Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic Every Time I attempt to Create a new topic it redirects it to the 'my first thread' Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Every Time I attempt to Create a new topic it redirects it to the 'my first thread' Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    JCKane
    JCKane

Post by JCKane Thu 23 Nov 2017 - 0:10

Yeah. It's solved. Thanks everyone for your help.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51500

Post by SLGray Thu 23 Nov 2017 - 3:20

Problem solved & topic archived.
    Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules

Every Time I attempt to Create a new topic it redirects it to the 'my first thread' Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.