No emails left  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

No emails left

Nick_BER_Admin
    Nick_BER_Admin

Male Posts : 6
    Language : English

In progress No emails left

Post by Nick_BER_Admin April 16th 2018, 4:12 pm

I logged into my Administration Panel to send the weekly newsletter to find I am locked out until the 8th May. It seems I have over used the facility, when I checked the archive I discovered that there were multiple sends of the same emails over the last couple of months. For exam[le on the 20/3/2018 some 280 emails were sent!!! I haven't got a third of that in terms of membership.
    Any ideas as to what is happening as it is a faff sending the newsletter via GMail.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51500

In progress Re: No emails left

Post by SLGray April 16th 2018, 7:45 pm

Where did you see the number of emails sent?

No emails left  Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    Nick_BER_Admin
    Nick_BER_Admin

Post by Nick_BER_Admin April 17th 2018, 7:21 pm

I was in the Administration Panel and was looking at the Tracking and Archive. When I scrolled down I found that instead of showing the old newsletters the page had repeated sevral of the newsletters, some 278 on 20 03 2018. This pattern was repeated, not every Newsletter some were just the two sent, one to my email address and the other to the members.
    I was wondering if it was a glitch in the system. I was offered the option of buying more credits but having never purchased any before I was somewhat surprised that it would be necessary. Luckily we have a GMail account to send out the newsletters, but it is not as straightforward. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Post by Guest April 17th 2018, 7:28 pm

May you show us a screenshot of the newsletter's archive?

Thank you Smile

EDIT: By the way, just letting you know that right now the maximum amount of newsletters you can send per month is 2 in the free package Smile Check this post for further information: https://help.forumotion.com/t155469-discover-forumotion-packages-the-new-way-to-evolve-your-forums
    Nick_BER_Admin
    Nick_BER_Admin

Post by Nick_BER_Admin April 17th 2018, 11:42 pm

I never realised there was a limit as I have been sending 1 per week since I took over the founder's account a few years ago.
    No emails left  Screen10
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19333
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape April 18th 2018, 12:02 am

It is a new thing we added last week please read here https://help.forumotion.com/t155469-discover-forumotion-packages-the-new-way-to-evolve-your-forums#1069434 if you look at the packets you will see you now have a limit on the Free service pack.

No emails left  Left1212No emails left  Center11No emails left  Right112
    No emails left  Ape_b110
    No emails left  Ape1010
    Nick_BER_Admin
    Nick_BER_Admin

Post by Nick_BER_Admin April 18th 2018, 3:32 am

Thanks for the help on this. I won't be upgrading the subscription as we have so few members and to be honest the adverts are your revenue stream. I shall use our G-mail accounts instead of the newsletter feature as I will just produce PDFs and add them as attachments in the same way as I do for my business. Shame as the feature was handy
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51500

Post by SLGray April 18th 2018, 10:22 am

There is one newsletter that will go out every 15 days.  It is called the popular content newsletters.  Using the free package does not allow you to edit that newsletter.  Content in this newsletter is popular topics, events, publications, and/or classified ads.

No emails left  Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.

Post by Guest April 18th 2018, 4:09 pm

Exactly. You have a limitation of 2 newsletters per month with the free package. The limit is raised to 4 per month with the advanced package and up to 8 with the premium Wink