Change the bookmark icon? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2 posters

Change the bookmark icon?

Tugtower
    Tugtower

Language : English

Change the bookmark icon? Empty Change the bookmark icon?

Post by Tugtower May 3rd 2018, 3:30 pm

I used to have a custom icon for when people book marked the forum, this icon has now changed to the “it” nasty looking icon which honestly is annoying.

Dose anyone kow how to change the bookmark icon of there forums?

The original ability to change the icon was in the forum configuration section now i’m left with “favcom” icons which even those don’t change the bookmark icon when played with...

Am I missing somthing or have many features been removed since the host has updated to “it”

Any help or a simple “no you can’t change it” will do!

Thanks in advance!
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113
    Language : English

Change the bookmark icon? Empty Re: Change the bookmark icon?

Post by brandon_g May 3rd 2018, 3:37 pm

Hello,

That is what that icon is called, a favicon. That is where you would go to change it. Someone already bookmarked the page it will show the old one instead of the new one, that is because the browser saved the favicon image at the time it was bookmarked.

If you change the favicon, it should start appear as whatever you set it to, automatically.

Edit: Ok, after running a test on my test forum, I can confirm the feature does still appear to be working. If it is not updating when you change it, you should try clearing your browser cache and try again.

-Brandon

Change the bookmark icon? Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic Change the bookmark icon? Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Change the bookmark icon? Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points