The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
3 posters

Create a separate forum

Guardian-Angel
    Guardian-Angel
    Forumember

Language : English

Create a separate forum Empty Create a separate forum

Post by Guardian-Angel Mon Jun 04 2018, 00:15

Hello

Is it possible to create a separate forum but still attached the the main forum?

I have over 4000 topics on our forum. One of the Categories is Games which has many topics. When view new post is used, of course the word game threads show and there are many of them. There are members that don't care for the word games to show up on the view new post which clogs up the main forum.

I have searched and am not seeing what I'm looking for.

Please let me know if there is a way to separate the Games, from the Main Forum and when View New posts is used, it doesn't show the games thread. If there was a separate section for Games, they could view new posts in the Games section and see only those new posts from games. When other members use view new posts, they should only see the new posts in all other threads except the games thread.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Thank you.
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19325
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Create a separate forum Empty Re: Create a separate forum

Post by Ape Mon Jun 04 2018, 14:20

No sure if I understand you right.
    Do you want to make 2 forums the one you have now and a new one with a new address and then add the 2 together ?

Create a separate forum Left1212Create a separate forum Center11Create a separate forum Right112
    Create a separate forum Ape_b110
    Create a separate forum Ape1010
    Guardian-Angel
    Guardian-Angel
    Forumember

Post by Guardian-Angel Mon Jun 04 2018, 17:12

I'm not sure what the procedure would be.

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net/forum

There is a Games Category. When you view new posts, all the game threads come up and takes up most of the page, and sometimes two pages. I thought if I could somehow separate that category from the rest of the threads it wouldn't overtake the other forums.

If I create another Forum with another name, how would I combine the two forums?
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113

Post by brandon_g Mon Jun 04 2018, 20:09

Not sure its possible to do what your saying. I mean you can create a new forum, copy your design, etc over, but any current game topics couldnt be moved over, you would have to make new ones and then also have users re register to the new forum.

Create a separate forum Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic Create a separate forum Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Create a separate forum Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23 2024, 09:24