Issues with forum structure - sub sections don't work and can't separate categories Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2 posters

Issues with forum structure - sub sections don't work and can't separate categories

Grievous
    Grievous

Language : English

Issues with forum structure - sub sections don't work and can't separate categories Empty Issues with forum structure - sub sections don't work and can't separate categories

Post by Grievous June 28th 2018, 4:04 am

Technical Details

Forum version : #phpBB3
    Position : Founder
    Concerned browser(s) : Mozilla Firefox
    Who the problem concerns : Yourself
    When the problem appeared : right away
    Forum link : ( link is hidden, you must reply to see )

Description of problem

Hello there,

I created a forum that serves as more of a personal hangout / practice for writing. I have an administration category that is only viewable to me. In this category is one board, and I wanted multiple sub boards within this board. Example:

Category

Board

• sub board

• sub board

• sub board

It will not let me do this, and I've done the settings correctly.

Next, I've created a second category with one board, and the category is not acting like an actual category.

Here's some screenshots:

From the ACP - https://gyazo.com/2e01b620754a408faab693ed960191c3

and here is how it looks to me - https://gyazo.com/732c82b851d9f2243105191871b7b873

It looks fine in the ACP, but the second category is nowhere to be found, and instead the "information" board merged with the first category.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113
    Language : English

Issues with forum structure - sub sections don't work and can't separate categories Empty Re: Issues with forum structure - sub sections don't work and can't separate categories

Post by brandon_g June 28th 2018, 4:32 am

Hello,

To do this you want to go: ACP(Admin Panel) > Display > Homepage > Structure and hierarchy > Structure and hierarchy . Play around with if until you get it how you like.

Issues with forum structure - sub sections don't work and can't separate categories Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic Issues with forum structure - sub sections don't work and can't separate categories Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Issues with forum structure - sub sections don't work and can't separate categories Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points