The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
+2
skouliki
cassini
6 posters

[ONLY TOPIC]Google Warning That Site Is Unsafe And Certificate Error

cassini
    cassini
    Forumember

Male Posts : 583
    Language : english

Solved [ONLY TOPIC]Google Warning That Site Is Unsafe And Certificate Error

Post by cassini July 15th 2018, 9:00 am

Hello Smile

Noticed this morning about 07:50 GMT UK time

My site and Forumotion help comes up with warning, my site does have a SSL certificate which runs out in December 2018

[ONLY TOPIC]Google Warning That Site Is Unsafe And Certificate Error 111
    [ONLY TOPIC]Google Warning That Site Is Unsafe And Certificate Error 211
    [ONLY TOPIC]Google Warning That Site Is Unsafe And Certificate Error 310

Anyone else having this error message  Question

Regards
    Cassini Smile
    skouliki
    skouliki
    Manager
    Manager

Female Posts : 15311
    Language : English,Greek

Solved Re: [ONLY TOPIC]Google Warning That Site Is Unsafe And Certificate Error

Post by skouliki July 15th 2018, 9:33 am

hello

seems to be a general issue please wait for more information

you can temporarily disable the https until the problem will be solved

we are really sorry for any inconvenience

[ONLY TOPIC]Google Warning That Site Is Unsafe And Certificate Error Screen95

jkh
    jkh
    Forumember

Post by jkh July 15th 2018, 11:05 am

I'm also getting the same message. And it really is a shocking message for members and guests to see when trying to access the forum. I've had emails this morning asking if my forum is trying to steal their information.

I've disabled my SSL certificate, which is valid until march 2019, thanks Skouliki.

In fact, I've had quite a few problems with this SSL thingy and wonder if it's even worth having at all!
    Liesbeth*
    Forumember

Female Posts : 68
    Language : Nederlands

Post by Liesbeth* July 15th 2018, 11:37 am

I also have the same problem, according to the screens the SSl certificate had expired at 08.39 this morning, but that is still valid for 325 days
    But some members can not access the forum despite clicking on an unsafe site link.
    May hope that it is resolved quickly
    skouliki
    skouliki
    Manager
    Manager

Female Posts : 15311
    Language : English,Greek

Post by skouliki July 15th 2018, 11:43 am

@jkh t’s all a part of making the global web more secure...
    however, its even more important if you collect data or accept payments...the web is filled with bots lurking around seeking poorly protected password pages to provide them access to your website also without an SSL certificate some types of form mail can be intercepted

@Liesbeth*you must click advanced option or just disable the https until the problem will be solved
    [ONLY TOPIC]Google Warning That Site Is Unsafe And Certificate Error Screen96

jkh
    jkh
    Forumember

Post by jkh July 15th 2018, 11:52 am

skouliki wrote:@jkh t’s all a part of making the global web more secure...
    however, its even more important if you collect data or accept payments...the web is filled with bots lurking around seeking poorly protected password pages to provide them access to your website also without an SSL certificate some types of form mail can be intercepted

I understand security is vital, but it's getting ridiculous. For example, I also have problems every day when I try to log in to my email - I have to re-submit the password then wait for a new security code to be sent to me on my mobile phone before I'm allowed in! Then if I try to access email on my other computer I have to go through the same process which then invalidates the information I've already submitted on my first computer...and so on. Confused

I hope this SSL problem is sorted out quickly.
    Liesbeth*
    Forumember

Post by Liesbeth* July 15th 2018, 11:55 am

I have also temporarily disabled it. But some members continue to get that report. also after the removal of the forum cookies.
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19324
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape July 15th 2018, 12:03 pm

Thank you for your report's

We know about the problem and we have made a report to the team.

we sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused

we will report back with an update as soon as we can.

[ONLY TOPIC]Google Warning That Site Is Unsafe And Certificate Error Left1212[ONLY TOPIC]Google Warning That Site Is Unsafe And Certificate Error Center11[ONLY TOPIC]Google Warning That Site Is Unsafe And Certificate Error Right112
    [ONLY TOPIC]Google Warning That Site Is Unsafe And Certificate Error Ape_b110
    [ONLY TOPIC]Google Warning That Site Is Unsafe And Certificate Error Ape1010
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Ape July 15th 2018, 12:06 pm

The topic was posted in the wrong section, so I have moved it to the correct section.
    Please read our forum rules:  ESF General Rules

[ONLY TOPIC]Google Warning That Site Is Unsafe And Certificate Error Left1212[ONLY TOPIC]Google Warning That Site Is Unsafe And Certificate Error Center11[ONLY TOPIC]Google Warning That Site Is Unsafe And Certificate Error Right112
    Liesbeth*
    Forumember

Post by Liesbeth* July 15th 2018, 12:13 pm

thank you we are waiting quietly.
    Liesbeth*
    Forumember

Post by Liesbeth* July 15th 2018, 12:37 pm

Thanks everything works normal now For you
    Jucarese
    Jucarese
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2539
    Language : spanish

Post by Jucarese July 15th 2018, 12:37 pm

It's solved now
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Ape July 15th 2018, 7:46 pm

Dear members I have got news that this is now solved.

We are sorry for the delay and we hope it is working for all of you.

If you still have a problem please PM me with your forum address and a link to this thread.

Regards.

APE.

Current date/time is September 22nd 2024, 4:35 pm