The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann - Complex Review

Go down

In progress The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann - Complex Review

Post by jkh on July 15th 2018, 12:54 pm

That's what I did and I've just tried it again and the same thing happened.

But anyway, I'll do it manually and hope that will suffice.

Name of the Forum: The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann
Address: http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/
Type of Review: Complex Review
Your Name on the board: Jill Havern
Link to your last Review (if applicable): https://help.forumotion.com/t154387-the-complete-mystery-of-madeleine-mccann-complex-review

Last edited by Stephen- on July 15th 2018, 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated the review request format)
jkh
Forumember

Language : english

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann - Complex Review

Post by Stephen- on July 23rd 2018, 1:03 am

Tagged: This request will be completed within 24 to 72 hours.
Thank you for your patience!
Please read our section rules: Review Section Requesting Guidelines
Stephen-
Forum Reviewer
Forum Reviewer

Male Posts : 2541
Language : Tagalog, English

Back to top Go down

Post by jkh on July 26th 2018, 11:55 am

Thank you. Please could you take into consideration my Portal (which I've renamed 'Madeleine McCann ARCHIVE) https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/portal
jkh
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen- on July 28th 2018, 10:24 am

Hi @jkh,

Sorry for the delay, because I had to deal an emergency case with my family. I’ll be posting your forum review later. Smile

Regards,
Stephen-
Stephen-
Forum Reviewer
Forum Reviewer

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen- on July 29th 2018, 2:54 pm

@jkh, here's your Forum Review. Wink

#Review #Complex #Stephen-_Review

Free Forumotion Service: Complex Review

The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann

First Impressions

• Okay so when I opened your forum site, the first thing I read was the main topic of your forum. I know that your forum and it's content is very unique compared to the other forums I had reviewed. All I can say is that you did a very good job on your forum. Because while I'm scanning from top to bottom of your forum, I can really say that you provided every piece of information that is very valuable to your community. The next thing I notice is that even your forum is quite big and also the amount of categories are a lot, you still managed to make use of the space with the help of forum widgets. As for me I am really impressed with the creation of your forum.

Forum Appearance

• Now I'll start first with the major graphics the banners, forum icons, etc.. The banner of your forum is perfect! with this kind of community, I don't think you will be needing more design and effects for your banner. Your forum icons are perfectly suited and well-organized. I like how you design your forum icons especially with the circle edge since it is mostly now popular and used by other social media sites like facebook, twitter, etc.. Even the forum widgets everything looks great and very informative on the topic of your community. The only thing I notice was the top & bottom arrow icon on the right side of your forum, if only you could make both arrows aligned then that would fix everything. Other than this everything looks neat and amazing!

Members and Forum Activity

• As for the number of users and rating of your forum's activity, I can see that you really worked hard for it in gaining more members and posts. I'm really impressed on how you did make your forum activity even with a very unique topic of your forum. Mostly other people are engaging to topics that are popular nowadays, so I really commend you for achieving this very hard goal for most forums in making very active.

Staff and Usergroups

• The staff & usergroups of your forum is excellent! I checked every usergroup and I think it has it's own roles and functions, also every usergroup has adequate number of members which is good for a big community. The only thing that questions to my mind is the "Virtual classroom" usergroup which I don't really have a clue what's the role or purpose of that usergroup. Except on that, everything is good and I think you don't need to change or add usergroups for now.

Forum Originality

• Your forum's originality is great! Even though it's kinda similar to a phpBB silver theme, you still made it quite unique by change some of it's default feature. Also by adding some unique features, making your forum unique and interesting so a very great job on it. I also like how you added the "category tabs" above your forum's category where you can click some categories to see the forum sections. Since your forum is very large, I really like that feature which I also find it useful and handy to see other forum section easier and faster, rather than scrolling down.

Grammar and Spelling

• As for your grammar and spelling, even your forum has tons of information which this part really took me a lot of time to read, I didn't find and grammar & spelling error so a very great job on it!

Reviewer's Feedback

• Overall, I can say is that I think you have everything and a very stable community. For me all you have to do is to maintain it and do what you thinks that may even boost more your community. As I have reviewed your forum, it has a large amount of activity which is the ultimate goal of every forum or website and for you I think you have achieve it so congratulations on it and I'm wishing the best for your community. Keep up the great work and thank you for choosing Forumotion to host your community!

Average Review Score: 9.43/10(Excellent Work!)

Would you like to share your review on your forum, on another forum, or with your friends? Then here you go... grab the code!
Code:
[center][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f18/16/89/96/68/yfr11.png[/img]
[size=18][font=Trebuchet MS]The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann[/font][/size][/center]

[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#39c;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"] [color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color] [/td][td style="background:#39c;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]First Impressions[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/910.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*]Okay so when I opened your forum site, the first thing I read was the main topic of your forum. I know that your forum and it's content is very unique compared to the other forums I had reviewed. All I can say is that you did a very good job on your forum. Because while I'm scanning from top to bottom of your forum, I can really say that you provided every piece of information that is very valuable to your community. The next thing I notice is that even your forum is quite big and also the amount of categories are a lot, you still managed to make use of the space with the help of forum widgets. As for me I am really impressed with the creation of your forum.
[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#333;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"] [color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#333;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Forum Appearance [/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/9_b10.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*]Now I'll start first with the major graphics the banners, forum icons, etc.. The banner of your forum is perfect! with this kind of community, I don't think you will be needing more design and effects for your banner. Your forum icons are perfectly suited and well-organized. I like how you design your forum icons especially with the circle edge since it is mostly now popular and used by other social media sites like facebook, twitter, etc.. Even the forum widgets everything looks great and very informative on the topic of your community. The only thing I notice was the top & bottom arrow icon on the right side of your forum, if only you could make both arrows aligned then that would fix everything. Other than this everything looks neat and amazing!
[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#39c;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"][color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#39c;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Members and Forum Activity[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/1011.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*]As for the number of users and rating of your forum's activity, I can see that you really worked hard for it in gaining more members and posts. I'm really impressed on how you did make your forum activity even with a very unique topic of your forum. Mostly other people are engaging to topics that are popular nowadays, so I really commend you for achieving this very hard goal for most forums in making very active.
[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#333;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"] [color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#333;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Staff and Usergroups[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/9_b10.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*]The staff & usergroups of your forum is excellent! I checked every usergroup and I think it has it's own roles and functions, also every usergroup has adequate number of members which is good for a big community. The only thing that questions to my mind is the "Virtual classroom" usergroup which I don't really have a clue what's the role or purpose of that usergroup. Except on that, everything is good and I think you don't need to change or add usergroups for now.
[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#39c;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"][color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#39c;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Forum Originality[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/910.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*]Your forum's originality is great! Even though it's kinda similar to a phpBB silver theme, you still made it quite unique by change some of it's default feature. Also by adding some unique features, making your forum unique and interesting so a very great job on it. I also like how you added the "category tabs" above your forum's category where you can click some categories to see the forum sections. Since your forum is very large, I really like that feature which I also find it useful and handy to see other forum section easier and faster, rather than scrolling down.
[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#333;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"] [color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#333;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Grammar and Spelling[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/10_b11.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*]As for your grammar and spelling, even your forum has tons of information which this part really took me a lot of time to read, I didn't find and grammar & spelling error so a very great job on it!
[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#39c;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"][color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#39c;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Reviewer's Feedback[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/1011.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*]Overall, I can say is that I think you have everything and a very stable community. For me all you have to do is to maintain it and do what you thinks that may even boost more your community. As I have reviewed your forum, it has a large amount of activity which is the ultimate goal of every forum or website and for you I think you have achieve it so congratulations on it and I'm wishing the best for your community. Keep up the great work and thank you for choosing Forumotion to host your community!
[/list]
[hr]
[table  style="width:100%;"][tr][td style="text-align:center;"][b][color=#3399cc]Average[/color] [color=#333333]Review[/color] [color=#3399cc]Score[/color]:[/b] [b]9.43[/b]/10([i]Excellent Work![/i])[/td][/tr][/table]

Stephen-
Forum Reviewer
Forum Reviewer

Back to top Go down

Post by jkh on July 29th 2018, 5:20 pm

Thank you very much for your time Stephen, I'm very happy with that review. thumright

The 'Virtual Classroom' is where we teach people how to research various elements of the case, and its membership is by application only - so it's in a restricted section of the forum. Did you check out the Portal btw?

Also a big thank you to @skouliki who's been helping me learn how to make my forum even better...so much so that I keep getting awarded for being her 'Member of the Month'! Laughing

And also thank you to all the many people who have written very informative and helpful tutorials on this forum, which has kept me very busy over the years.

:rose:
jkh
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jadster on July 29th 2018, 10:45 pm

Hello @jkh,
If you are still interested in other reviews I would be happy to review your forum for you. Please let me know if you would like for me to do one and if so, if you would like me to review it as a guest or a member.

Cheers,
James
Jadster
Forumember

Male Posts : 43
Language : English

http://adminvortex.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jkh on July 29th 2018, 10:50 pm

Thank you @Jadster, that'd be great.

Maybe as a member, as more is available? I'd also appreciate it if you could review the Portal too please https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/portal
jkh
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jadster on July 29th 2018, 11:11 pm

No problem! I will begin you review tonight and get it posted as soon as I can.

ETA ~ Tuesday, July 31st.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your review or just want an update on it, feel free to PM me.

Cheers,
James
Jadster
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ChanelW on July 30th 2018, 9:32 am

Hi @Jkh,

I would also like to review your forum if that's okay with you? Very Happy

Regards,
Chanel Smile
ChanelW
Trial Reviewer
Trial Reviewer

Female Posts : 107

Back to top Go down

Post by jkh on July 30th 2018, 10:28 am

@ChanelW Yes, that would be great. Many thanks!
jkh
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ChanelW on July 30th 2018, 1:26 pm

@jkh wrote:@ChanelW Yes, that would be great. Many thanks!

Great, I cannot state a time. However, I shall post it here once done.

Regards,
Chanel Smile
ChanelW
Trial Reviewer
Trial Reviewer

Back to top Go down

Post by ChanelW on August 1st 2018, 1:15 pm

@Jkh, Here is your forum review. If you have any enquiries please post below.

Regards,
Chanel Smile

First Impressions

• Opening your forum I was first greeted by a welcome message which gives new members directions, I always find welcome messages a great addition to forums. The banner and whole forum itself is very informative as the forum is based upon a nonfiction topic. Scrolling through your forum it was clear that it was definitely rather different from the rest of the forums out there. The activity within your forum is amazing, it seems you have put a lot of effort into your forum to make it as informative and professional as possible. Looking good!

Forum Appearance

• I really like the design of your forum, even though it is quite a long forum you have managed to maintain a look of sleekness throughout your forum. Starting with the banner, you have used a gradient of what seems to be sea blue rather than a standard block colour. The banner is professional and contains rather crucial information. I like how each category has an icon of relevance and are circular, it gives the forum a real sense of professionalism and a further look into the topic of the forum. Now looking at the navigation bar. The navigation bar to me does not have any organisation to it, I feel as though it could be organised into a particular forum as it looks a little-jumbled up. Another thing I’d like to mention is the “news ticker”, to make it more recognisable you could add a design to it. For example, putting a neat box around it as at first I did not recognise it. Apart from my suggestions, I really do like the layout of your forum.

• Observing the activity of your forum I am amazed to see that your forum is extremely active with many members logging in within the last 48 hours, including staff members. Your forum seems to be exceptionally popular meaning that you and your team have put in a lot of effort to promote the forum and make it a great place for members to be. As you have a wide audience I expect that your forum will be moderated. Usually, activity is a downfall with many forums, very well done with maintaining excellent activity!

Staff and Usergroups

• Now focusing on Staff and User Groups it’s great to see that you have a range of user groups with a variety of colours, I can see that you have staff members who work hard to keep the forum up and running. Looking at your moderator group it appears there is one member and that person is the group leader. However, you do have a Forum Support group which has a lot more members. I was thinking if both groups withhold the same responsibilities you could the combine the two, if not I would look at recruiting more moderators for your forum. I did also notice that the user groups do not have a description apart from the name of the group, I would suggest adding a brief description if you were to recruit members of staff.

Forum Originality

• From just viewing your forum and its name it becomes quite clear that the forum is exquisitely unique, I don’t think I can say that I have seen a forum quite like it. Focusing your forum upon an interesting and a different topic has had great impacts on your forum and you have worked hard to build such an amazing community. Implementing information into your banner is not something a regular forum would have, down the right-hand side of your forum you have articles relating to the topic of the forum. I also noticed the night mode widget which is a great addition to the forum, especially for the night users. All of the unique differences really make your forum stand out from the rest.

Grammar and Spelling

• The user group Moderator would become “Moderators” and Admin would become “Admins”. I could not detect any grammatical or spelling errors.

Reviewer's Feedback

• Your forum is truly great, popular and very interesting. You and your team have done a great job with maintaining consistent activity, providing crucial information and the design of the forum. I saw your request for us to take a look at the archive, I would like to say a great job! I really like how you have used widgets to make the page as informative as possible, the google translate widget is very cool. Please review my suggestions and if you feel necessary to make amendments, I hope they help. Overall, you have a stable forum with a stable community. Now I would suggest recruiting more staff members to assist with moderation and establish long-term goals, it seems you have reached your previous goals. Time to go the next mile. Keep up the good work, I look forward to reviewing your forum in the future. Long may it progress!

Average Review Score: 9.85/10

Would you like to share your review on your forum, on another forum, or with your friends? Then here you go... grab the code!
Code:
[size=18][font=Trebuchet MS]The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann [/font][/size][/center]

[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#39c;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"] [color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color] [/td][td style="background:#39c;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]First Impressions[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/910.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*] Opening your forum I was first greeted by a welcome message which gives new members directions, I always find welcome messages a great addition to forums. The banner and whole forum itself is very informative as the forum is based upon a nonfiction topic. Scrolling through your forum it was clear that it was definitely rather different from the rest of the forums out there. The activity within your forum is amazing, it seems you have put a lot of effort into your forum to make it as informative and professional as possible. Looking good!

[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#333;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"] [color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#333;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Forum Appearance [/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/810.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*]I really like the design of your forum, even though it is quite a long forum you have managed to maintain a look of sleekness throughout your forum. Starting with the banner, you have used a gradient of what seems to be sea blue rather than a standard block colour. The banner is professional and contains rather crucial information. I like how each category has an icon of relevance and are circular, it gives the forum a real sense of professionalism and a further look into the topic of the forum. Now looking at the navigation bar. The navigation bar to me does not have any organisation to it, I feel as though it could be organised into a particular forum as it looks a little-jumbled up. Another thing I’d like to mention is the “news ticker”, to make it more recognisable you could add a design to it. For example, putting a neat box around it as at first I did not recognise it. Apart from my suggestions, I really do like the layout of your forum.
[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#39c;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"][color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#39c;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Members and Forum Activity[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/1011.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*] Observing the activity of your forum I am amazed to see that your forum is extremely active with many members logging in within the last 48 hours, including staff members. Your forum seems to be exceptionally popular meaning that you and your team have put in a lot of effort to promote the forum and make it a great place for members to be. As you have a wide audience I expect that your forum will be moderated. Usually, activity is a downfall with many forums, very well done with maintaining excellent activity!
[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#333;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"] [color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#333;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Staff and Usergroups[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/910.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*] Now focusing on Staff and User Groups it’s great to see that you have a range of user groups with a variety of colours, I can see that you have staff members who work hard to keep the forum up and running. Looking at your moderator group it appears there is one member and that person is the group leader. However, you do have a Forum Support group which has a lot more members. I was thinking if both groups withhold the same responsibilities you could the combine the two, if not I would look at recruiting more moderators for your forum. I did also notice that the user groups do not have a description apart from the name of the group, I would suggest adding a brief description if you were to recruit members of staff.

[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#39c;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"][color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#39c;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Forum Originality[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/1011.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*] From just viewing your forum and its name it becomes quite clear that the forum is exquisitely unique, I don’t think I can say that I have seen a forum quite like it. Focusing your forum upon an interesting and a different topic has had great impacts on your forum and you have worked hard to build such an amazing community. Implementing information into your banner is not something a regular forum would have, down the right-hand side of your forum you have articles relating to the topic of the forum. I also noticed the night mode widget which is a great addition to the forum, especially for the night users. All of the unique differences really make your forum stand out from the rest.
[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#333;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"] [color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#333;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Grammar and Spelling[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/1011.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*] The user group Moderator would become “Moderators” and Admin would become “Admins”. I could not detect any grammatical or spelling errors.
[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#39c;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"][color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#39c;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Reviewer's Feedback[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/1011.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*] Your forum is truly great, popular and very interesting. You and your team have done a great job with maintaining consistent activity, providing crucial information and the design of the forum. I saw your request for us to take a look at the archive, I would like to say a great job! I really like how you have used widgets to make the page as informative as possible, the google translate widget is very cool. Please review my suggestions and if you feel necessary to make amendments, I hope they help. Overall, you have a stable forum with a stable community. Now I would suggest recruiting more staff members to assist with moderation and establish long-term goals, it seems you have reached your previous goals. Time to go the next mile. Keep up the good work, I look forward to reviewing your forum in the future. Long may it progress!
[/list]
[hr]
[table  style="width:100%;"][tr][td style="text-align:center;"][b][color=#3399cc]Average[/color] [color=#333333]Review[/color] [color=#3399cc]Score[/color]:[/b] 9.85/10[/td][/tr][/table]

[hr]
ChanelW
Trial Reviewer
Trial Reviewer

Back to top Go down

Post by jkh on August 1st 2018, 3:09 pm

Nice one, thank you @ChanelW :rose:

My overall score is creeping up very nicely. I believe your score is my highest yet!

1. First impressions - thumright 

2. Forum appearance - not sure what you mean about the Navigation Bar being jumbled up.

I assume you mean this? Why do you think it's jumbled up? I would like to explore how it could be better organised.

'News ticker' - I wasn't aware a design could be added, but will give it some thought. I'm always up for a bit more faffing!

@Skouliki made the (dark teal) banner for me. It's very professional ~1~

3. Staff and usergroups - the forum members are very well behaved, fortunately!, and I only need one main moderator because there are two admins who also moderate, plus three of my researchers have moderator privileges should they ever need it, and many established members will alert me by PM should there be a problem. I'm happy with my admin team of six who have been very loyal to the forum over the past 9 years.

I will take on board your suggestion of a description for the usergroups as it's a good idea. Thank you.

4. Forum originality - thumright

5. Grammar and spelling - I've changed Admin to Admins but will leave Moderator as there's only 1 main moderator and who is very happy to be the only one.

6. Reviewer's feedback - many thanks for taking the time to review my forum of which I'm extremely proud. I'm always looking for ways to improve the site and any feedback, positive or negative, is always welcome.

I look forward to @Jadster review next!

jkh
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jadster on August 1st 2018, 3:14 pm

Hey there @jkh,
I do apologize for the delay. I will have your review posted by this evening. Thank you so much for your patience.

Cheers,
James
Jadster
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ChanelW on August 1st 2018, 3:51 pm

@Jkh, Regarding the navigation bar I just thought it could have a more clearer order. Starting with the Archive at the bottom of the bar and Forum should be at the front.

I mean if it's how you like it and you can navigate easily then leave it, You can position each section whatever way you like but if it were me I'd have it a little differently. Either way it did not affect your score Very Happy

Regards,
Chanel Smile
ChanelW
Trial Reviewer
Trial Reviewer

Back to top Go down

Post by Luffy on August 2nd 2018, 12:46 am

@Jkh, I would also like to provide you with a review if that's okay with you.
Luffy
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 5635
Language : Greek, English

https://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jadster on August 5th 2018, 9:58 pm

@JKH,
I do apologize about the delay. I had a family issue come up that required my attention. I will have your review posted either this evening or tomorrow at the latest.

Again, my sincerest apology.

Regards,
James
Jadster
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jadster on August 7th 2018, 3:47 am

First Impressions

• So upon first visiting your site I would have to say I was a bit confused about the site honestly. I myself have never seen a website like this related to a missing person / death of a person type of community so I wasn't sure what to make of it or expect. The overall website color scheme looks nice and is appealing to the eyes. Doesn't force away any attention and the banner itself is something that caught my attention right away. Another thing that stood out to me was the amount of boards you have on the mage page and the amount of videos you have scattered on your main portal page. Myself personally see the portal as a bit cluttered as there are a ton of videos on each side and if for any reason those were to start auto playing for someone, that would be a lot of noise going off at once. Maybe try organizing that to make it look a bit cleaner. But with that, let us move on!

Forum Appearance

• So let's take a look at the overall design of your forum to start off this review. The first thing that catches my attention is the banner that you have for your forum. Where most people have that state their site name with a creative picture to grab the attention of the visitor, yours has statements or quotes from people regarding the basis of your website while you utilize that actual Site Name and Site Description to state the name and idea behind your website. What a creative way to do it, not many sites take that route and I have to say, very nice. I also really like the icons and pictures you have implemented into your site design as a way to make each stand out while not making it just blend in to the background and be ignored. I also like the simplistic based theme of the website, nothing super complex but not so simple it can be overlooked. Lastly, I love the use of the tabs at the top of the forum to organize the categories. So I think you have done a great job with the website design, let's move onto the Forum Activity.

• One thing I have to say regarding your website is that you have a great amount of activity going for your forum. So many active guests and members logging in each day, even within the past 48 hours you have a great amount of active members. The biggest thing with every website is the activity of not only the staff but the members because without them, the forum itself would not be able to survive. Many forums that die out is due to the lack of active members which I can proudly say, your forum is not lacking in that. Keep up the great work and I wish you the best of luck with continuing your current activity and hope to see it grow more. So with that, let us move on!

Staff and Usergroups

• In regards to the amount of usergroups that you currently have, all of them are straight to the point and you have a good amount of them for your current activity. Not too many but not too few so that is perfect. You have such an active user base that having a lot of usergroups could become overwhelming while having too few can make each group clustered with users if you begin to add a bunch of members to each group. So as I said, you have just the right amount of usergroups for your forums size. As for the staff itself, though you have a good amount of usergroups, it doesn't seem to show you have a lot of people in those usergroups that are active. I can see you have the slots filled in those groups, they just don't seem to show in the recent activity. So maybe try keeping them active to show the staff are still around but other then that, your staffing and usergroups are amazing. So let's move onto your originality.

Forum Originality

• As I have stated before and I will say it again, I myself have never run into a forum such as yours with such a creative theme behind the idea of it. I commonly see RPG, Webmaster / Advertising, or gaming based forums but yours really catches my attention. Your forum to me really stands out and I can say your activity really shows that because it has caught the interest in so many other people to keep them coming in and staying active so I have to say great work on that. A forum needs to always remain original because that is what helps breathe life into your forum because like I said, I have run into forums that have the same concept over and over and that gets old but your forum is one I will truly never forget and have already talked about among some of my colleagues and it even sparked that interest. So I have to say, great work on being such an original forum and keep it up!

Grammar and Spelling

• This one is a really short and simple category to review. I went and read a few topics and posts and didn't find any sort of spelling errors that I could see so I would say great job! The descriptions on your website are all properly spelled and punctuated with no grammar errors that I could see. Keep it up and let's move onto my feedback shall we?

Reviewer's Feedback

• So overall, this was a fun forum to get to review. It was definitely something that threw me off a bit seeing as how I never encountered a website like this and took a bit longer then I expected. So props to you for keeping me on my toes. As I said in my review, the main things I would focus on is getting some of your staff online a bit more to show they are still around and maybe work on the Archive / portal to clean that up a bit with all the videos that are showing on that page. But other then that, I have to say you have done a wonderful job building such a successful and growing forum such as this and I wish you the best of luck with it and I hope to see it grow even further. I look forward to the day I get to review it again.

Average Review Score: 8.7 /10

Code:
[size=18][font=Trebuchet MS]The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann[/font][/size][/center]

[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#39c;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"] [color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color] [/td][td style="background:#39c;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]First Impressions[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/810.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*]So upon first visiting your site I would have to say I was a bit confused about the site honestly. I myself have never seen a website like this related to a missing person / death of a person type of community so I wasn't sure what to make of it or expect. The overall website color scheme looks nice and is appealing to the eyes. Doesn't force away any attention and the banner itself is something that caught my attention right away. Another thing that stood out to me was the amount of boards you have on the mage page and the amount of videos you have scattered on your main portal page. Myself personally see the portal as a bit cluttered as there are a ton of videos on each side and if for any reason those were to start auto playing for someone, that would be a lot of noise going off at once. Maybe try organizing that to make it look a bit cleaner. But with that, let us move on!
[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#333;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"] [color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#333;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Forum Appearance [/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/810.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*]So let's take a look at the overall design of your forum to start off this review. The first thing that catches my attention is the banner that you have for your forum. Where most people have that state their site name with a creative picture to grab the attention of the visitor, yours has statements or quotes from people regarding the basis of your website while you utilize that actual Site Name and Site Description to state the name and idea behind your website. What a creative way to do it, not many sites take that route and I have to say, very nice. I also really like the icons and pictures you have implemented into your site design as a way to make each stand out while not making it just blend in to the background and be ignored. I also like the simplistic based theme of the website, nothing super complex but not so simple it can be overlooked. Lastly, I love the use of the tabs at the top of the forum to organize the categories. So I think you have done a great job with the website design, let's move onto the Forum Activity.
[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#39c;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"][color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#39c;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Members and Forum Activity[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/910.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*]One thing I have to say regarding your website is that you have a great amount of activity going for your forum. So many active guests and members logging in each day, even within the past 48 hours you have a great amount of active members. The biggest thing with every website is the activity of not only the staff but the members because without them, the forum itself would not be able to survive. Many forums that die out is due to the lack of active members which I can proudly say, your forum is not lacking in that. Keep up the great work and I wish you the best of luck with continuing your current activity and hope to see it grow more. So with that, let us move on!
[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#333;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"] [color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#333;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Staff and Usergroups[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/810.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*] In regards to the amount of usergroups that you currently have, all of them are straight to the point and you have a good amount of them for your current activity. Not too many but not too few so that is perfect. You have such an active user base that having a lot of usergroups could become overwhelming while having too few can make each group clustered with users if you begin to add a bunch of members to each group. So as I said, you have just the right amount of usergroups for your forums size. As for the staff itself, though you have a good amount of usergroups, it doesn't seem to show you have a lot of people in those usergroups that are active. I can see you have the slots filled in those groups, they just don't seem to show in the recent activity. So maybe try keeping them active to show the staff are still around but other then that, your staffing and usergroups are amazing. So let's move onto your originality.
[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#39c;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"][color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#39c;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Forum Originality[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/1011.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*]As I have stated before and I will say it again, I myself have never run into a forum such as yours with such a creative theme behind the idea of it. I commonly see RPG, Webmaster / Advertising, or gaming based forums but yours really catches my attention. Your forum to me really stands out and I can say your activity really shows that because it has caught the interest in so many other people to keep them coming in and staying active so I have to say great work on that. A forum needs to always remain original because that is what helps breathe life into your forum because like I said, I have run into forums that have the same concept over and over and that gets old but your forum is one I will truly never forget and have already talked about among some of my colleagues and it even sparked that interest. So I have to say, great work on being such an original forum and keep it up!
[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#333;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"] [color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#333;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Grammar and Spelling[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/1011.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*]This one is a really short and simple category to review. I went and read a few topics and posts and didn't find any sort of spelling errors that I could see so I would say great job! The descriptions on your website are all properly spelled and punctuated with no grammar errors that I could see. Keep it up and let's move onto my feedback shall we?
[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#39c;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"][color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#39c;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Reviewer's Feedback[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/810.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*]So overall, this was a fun forum to get to review. It was definitely something that threw me off a bit seeing as how I never encountered a website like this and took a bit longer then I expected. So props to you for keeping me on my toes. As I said in my review, the main things I would focus on is getting some of your staff online a bit more to show they are still around and maybe work on the Archive / portal to clean that up a bit with all the videos that are showing on that page. But other then that, I have to say you have done a wonderful job building such a successful and growing forum such as this and I wish you the best of luck with it and I hope to see it grow even further. I look forward to the day I get to review it again.
[/list]
[hr]
[table  style="width:100%;"][tr][td style="text-align:center;"][b][color=#3399cc]Average[/color] [color=#333333]Review[/color] [color=#3399cc]Score[/color]:[/b] 8.7 /10[/td][/tr][/table]
Jadster
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by jkh on August 7th 2018, 12:47 pm

Thank you very much for your time @Jadster :rose:

1. First Impressions - "I myself have never seen a website like this related to a missing person / death of a person type of community so I wasn't sure what to make of it or expect."

As stated on the homepage, it is a research forum that campaigns for a proper investigation. It's only because this case is a blatant and shocking UK Establishment cover-up of the death of a three-year-old child that the forum even exists. Our Madeleine McCann is your Jon-Benet Ramsay.

2. Forum Appearance - thumright Thank you, but if you look at the archived page of what the forum used to look like a few years ago http://archive.li/mdkb2 ( Laughing ) you will see how much work I've done to improve it - mainly thanks to the feedback from these very useful complex reviews! Also, if you scroll to the bottom of that link you will see just how many people used to log-on in a 24 hour period...which brings me on to the next point...

3. Members and Forum Activity - Yes, there is still a pretty good activity going on, but over the years many members have drifted away purely because they don't believe Madeleine will ever get justice and they are sickened by the corruption they perceive from the UK Establishment. I used to get a hit of approximately 25,000 visitors per day, but that has significantly dropped down over the past 9 years. But those who remain keep picking away at the case and writing to the UK Establishment, and to the Portuguese authorities, to let them know we have no intention of going away.

4. Staff and Usergroups - some of the members are now helping with the running of the CMOMM facebook group, which is the social media extension of the forum. Also, some of the staff are busy writing chapters for the Madeleine e-book and making Madeleine films etc so can't be on the forum much except when they need to research something. Our regular members are aware of staff commitments. (Sorry if the above links aren't allowed, please delete if necessary)

5. Forum Originality - thumright Thank you!

6. Grimmar and Spolling -   Wink

7. Reviewer's Feedback - "I look forward to the day I get to review it again." - You've just given me the lowest score EVER, so please don't review it again!! Sad  Just kidding, it was very kind of you to take the time and I appreciate ALL feedback, positive and negative - otherwise the forum would be stuck in a horrible rut just as it was in the archived link http://archive.li/mdkb2 Shocked and I've really enjoyed learning how to make the forum much better. There are so many very helpful people on this support forum, it's a great community thumright

Last edited by jkh on August 7th 2018, 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
jkh
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by jkh on August 7th 2018, 1:20 pm

@Luffy wrote:@Jkh, I would also like to provide you with a review if that's okay with you.
Sorry @Luffy, I completely missed your offer of a review - yes please, bring it on! :rose:
jkh
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jadster on August 7th 2018, 2:14 pm

@jkh,
Happy you enjoyed the review. Most of my reviews get around a similar review score on the first review I do and then tend to go up on further reviews since I get used to reviewing them and can learn more about the idea behind the website.

As I said, I look forward to being able to review your website again Smile

Cheers,
James
Jadster
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum