The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
+2
SarkZKalie
mialink
6 posters

The background image of my forum repeats itself all over. How can I fix it?

mialink

Language : english

In progress The background image of my forum repeats itself all over. How can I fix it?

Post by mialink Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:01 am

How do I make it all one image and not alot of repeating pictures? http://alohaspirit.forumotion.com/forum

In progress Re: The background image of my forum repeats itself all over. How can I fix it?

Post by Guest Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:41 am

Hello @mialink

That depends on what part of the forum you want to do it. May you please tell us where do you want to do this? If you need to do screenshots in order to explain yourself don't hesitate to do so Wink

Best regards.
    mialink

In progress Re: The background image of my forum repeats itself all over. How can I fix it?

Post by mialink Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:53 am

mpelmmc wrote:Hello @mialink

That depends on what part of the forum you want to do it. May you please tell us where do you want to do this? If you need to do screenshots in order to explain yourself don't hesitate to do so Wink

Best regards.
    Just the main page you can see the background img how its in a bunch of boxes and not one big picture

Post by Guest Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:10 am

Hello,

Add this to your CSS:
    Code:
    body {background-repeat: no-repeat;}

This way only one image will show. However, you'll need to find an image large enough so it fulfills the whole forum. You can as well add the following to the code so the image will cover the whole forum, but it might look weird:
    Code:
        background-size: cover;

I have edited your topic title so it will be easier to find in the Search bar Wink

Best regards Smile
    SarkZKalie
    SarkZKalie
    Support Moderator
    Support Moderator

Male Posts : 1442
    Language : English

Post by SarkZKalie Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:39 am

@mialink you mean a body background? I'd recommend you to use as less image as possible or in case you still wanna put a background image, then add this to your CSS
    Code:
    body {
    background: url('image-link.jpg') no-repeat fixed center/cover;
    }
    Background image won't repeat, center and auto scale depending on screen size

The background image of my forum repeats itself all over. How can I fix it? Sarkzk10
    mialink

Post by mialink Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:29 pm

That didn't work. I do appreciate your help.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:49 pm

@mialink Most of them seems to understand what you mean, but I do not understand what you want to do. Do you want to make main background of the forum not repeating or you want something else? Please be more specific.
    Jadster
    Jadster
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 690

Post by Jadster Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:55 pm

mialink wrote:That didn't work. I do appreciate your help.

Hey mialink!
    Can you try this code in your CSS and see if it will fix it?

Code:
    body {
    background: url('https://i.servimg.com/u/f63/14/99/32/60/beach211.jpg') no-repeat fixed center/cover; !important
    }

It is just an edit of what @SarkZKalie gave you.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    James
    mialink

Post by mialink Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:16 pm

No it Confused didn't work

Post by Guest Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:17 pm

mialink wrote:No it Confused didn't work
    Again, what you want to do. Please be more precise.
    mialink

Post by mialink Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:27 pm

Did you see how the picture in the background looks? Its repeating itself, needs to be one big image. I even tried a larger image and it still repeats. I changed the width of the forum, it helped a little. The leaves are suppose to be showing.

Last edited by mialink on Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jadster
    Jadster
    Helper
    Helper

Post by Jadster Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:31 pm

mialink wrote:No it Confused didn't work

Did you add the background image using CSS or did you add it through the image gallery in the Admin Panel?

Post by Guest Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:35 pm

Pick one image from: Free Stocks
    Then, when you opoen image, do not download, right click on image address. Go to css:
    Do this in body:
    Code:
    body {
    background-image: url("https://images.pexels.com/photos/691574/pexels-photo-691574.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&dpr=2&h=650&w=940");
    repeat:no-repeat;
    background-size: cover;
    background-position: 50% 50%;
    }
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19325
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:06 pm

 Find:
    Code:
    body {
        background-attachment: fixed;
        background-color: #c7c7c7;
        background-image: url(https://i.servimg.com/u/f63/14/99/32/60/beach214.jpg);
    }

 Replace with:
    Code:
    body {
        background-attachment: fixed;
        background-color: #c7c7c7;
        background-image: url(https://i.servimg.com/u/f63/14/99/32/60/beach214.jpg);
        background-size: 100% 100%;
    }

The background looks really bad as the image is really small and to stretch it make it go all pixilated

screen shot of your forum with this code added
    The background image of my forum repeats itself all over. How can I fix it? Captur67

The background image of my forum repeats itself all over. How can I fix it? Left1212The background image of my forum repeats itself all over. How can I fix it? Center11The background image of my forum repeats itself all over. How can I fix it? Right112
    The background image of my forum repeats itself all over. How can I fix it? Ape_b110
    The background image of my forum repeats itself all over. How can I fix it? Ape1010
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498

Post by SLGray Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:11 pm

Was the background image added by CSS or the other way?  If it was the other way, did you click the box for fixed image?

Other Way:  AP > Display > Pictures & Colors > Pics Management (advanced mode)

The background image of my forum repeats itself all over. How can I fix it? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    mialink

Post by mialink Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:54 pm

I put fixed. it helped a little. I changed the background. I was wanting to use it for a fall beachy look. I will deal with it later. thank you
    Jadster
    Jadster
    Helper
    Helper

Post by Jadster Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:54 pm

mialink wrote:I put fixed. it helped a little. I changed the background. I was wanting to use it for a fall beachy look. I will deal with it later. thank you

Have you tried removing that image from your Pictures Management section in ACP and just have the picture be added through the CSS Codes we have provided and see if that works?
    Draxion
    Draxion
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 2518

Post by Draxion Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:48 am

May I mark this as solved, @mialink?

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:19 pm