Was the websites down? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was the websites down?

Beyonder
    Beyonder
    Forumember

Male Posts : 723
    Language : English

Solved Was the websites down?

Post by Beyonder Thu 20 Sep 2018 - 10:25

I tried to get on forumotion based websites and it wouldn't let me it kept showing a "took too long to respond" message on my screen and when i tried other websites they worked fine no issues but just forum based ones on both desktop/mobile.

Last edited by Hagoromo Otsutsuki on Fri 21 Sep 2018 - 8:38; edited 1 time in total

Solved Re: Was the websites down?

Post by Guest Thu 20 Sep 2018 - 10:41

Hello @Hagoromo Otsutsuki

Our datacenter performed an unplanned maintenance last night to update some devices following a software problem discovered on their side. As our services are hosted directly on them, we, Forumotion, were surprised and affected by this maintenance.

This unplanned update, which was done tonight, was supposed to be completely transparent according to our datacenter. However, as you may have noticed, this was not the case and we lost all services from 1:14am last night to 9:00am this morning (GMT+2) without being able to regain direct control over them.

This problem beyond Forumotion's control has had a major impact on you, as well as on us.

We are waiting for additional information from our datacenter to prevent such problems from recurring in the future.

Thank you for your understanding and we do apologize for the inconvenience.
    Beyonder
    Beyonder
    Forumember

Male Posts : 723
    Language : English

Post by Beyonder Fri 21 Sep 2018 - 8:37

mpelmmc wrote:Hello @Hagoromo Otsutsuki

Our datacenter performed an unplanned maintenance last night to update some devices following a software problem discovered on their side. As our services are hosted directly on them, we, Forumotion, were surprised and affected by this maintenance.

This unplanned update, which was done tonight, was supposed to be completely transparent according to our datacenter. However, as you may have noticed, this was not the case and we lost all services from 1:14am last night to 9:00am this morning (GMT+2) without being able to regain direct control over them.

This problem beyond Forumotion's control has had a major impact on you, as well as on us.

We are waiting for additional information from our datacenter to prevent such problems from recurring in the future.

Thank you for your understanding and we do apologize for the inconvenience.
    No thank you for replying with such a detailed response! I'll mark the post as solved because I was scared something happened haha.

Post by Guest Fri 21 Sep 2018 - 8:44

No problem @Hagoromo Otsutsuki Wink

Problem solved & topic archived.
    Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules