Friend Wants to Register via Proxy Server Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

Friend Wants to Register via Proxy Server

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Forumember

Male Posts : 430
    Language : English (US)

Solved Friend Wants to Register via Proxy Server

Post by The Last Outlaw November 9th 2018, 11:47 pm

http://betheasbyte.forumotion.com/forum

Hi guys! I have someone who wants to sign up on my forum, but the problem is that she's on a proxy server and she says my forum is not a secure site. Is there a way to help her (or any future member) get registered with these issues?

Last edited by The Last Outlaw on November 10th 2018, 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113
    Language : English

Solved Re: Friend Wants to Register via Proxy Server

Post by brandon_g November 10th 2018, 12:07 am

Hello,

That message is occurring because your site is still http and doesn't have an ssl certificate. All the big web browsers now will put out an insecure message to any site not using an ssl certificate.

Now your site is secure, you don't need to worry and should tell your friends to ignore the message and register anyway. That is just the browser saying if doesn't an ssl certificate.

If you want to get rid of this message, you can purchase an advanced or premium package, which includes an ssl certificate and that will get rid of the message. It is not required for your forum to be secure though, as it is already safe and secure.

-Brandon

Last edited by brandon_g on November 10th 2018, 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Friend Wants to Register via Proxy Server Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic Friend Wants to Register via Proxy Server Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Friend Wants to Register via Proxy Server Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Forumember

Male Posts : 430
    Language : English (US)

Post by The Last Outlaw November 10th 2018, 12:10 am

brandon_g wrote:Hello,

That message is occuring because you site is still http and doesnt have an ssl certificate. All the big web browsers now will put out an insecure message to any site not using an ssl certificate.

Now your site is secure, you don't need to worry and should tell your friends to ignore the message and register anyway. That is jjst the browser saying if doesnt an ssl certificate.

If you want to get rid of this message, you can purchase an advanced or premium package, which includes an ssl certificate and that will get rid of the message. It is not required for your forum to be secure though, as it is already safe and secure.

-Brandon

Thanks @brandon_g. I will quote this and send it to that friend and post this in my own forum to let future members know that they can register freely and to ignore the the "Insecure Site" message. This is SOLVED!
    skouliki
    skouliki
    Manager
    Manager

Female Posts : 15322
    Language : English,Greek

Post by skouliki November 10th 2018, 1:06 am

Problem solved & topic archived.
    Please read our forum rules:  ESF General Rules