If I Dont Use The Points Option ? [solved] Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2 posters

If I Dont Use The Points Option ? [solved]

EMO
    EMO
    Forumember

Female Posts : 251
    Language : English, German, French, Itali, Spanish, Bangla, Hindi, Urdu,

If I Dont Use The Points Option ? [solved] Empty If I Dont Use The Points Option ? [solved]

Post by EMO April 9th 2008, 6:31 pm

Hey - now am thinking that - if i dont use the point option in my forum - thn whats going on ?
    Am i losing something ?

Please make me clear about it...
    travis_cooper
    travis_cooper
    Forumember

Male Posts : 698
    Language : English

If I Dont Use The Points Option ? [solved] Empty Re: If I Dont Use The Points Option ? [solved]

Post by travis_cooper April 9th 2008, 7:09 pm

There are two different points that are used. One, which you see from the admin panel home page, is based on members, and activity, so number of topics and posts, this is used to rank your site among the other sites in the same category. If you don't care about your ranking in the forumotion directory than these points probably don't matter much to you. The other points are points you purchase that can be used to increase your gallery size, or purchase a domain, etc. You don't have to purchase points to keep your site going, just to add these additional features.
    EMO
    EMO
    Forumember

If I Dont Use The Points Option ? [solved] Empty Re: If I Dont Use The Points Option ? [solved]

Post by EMO April 9th 2008, 8:07 pm

ok - thanks cooper
    but if i use that like another way ? i mean - just think - if i wont give their name Points. If i add a bar and choice a name like - thanks - or performance thn ?
    is there any problem ?
    i just wont use that option like points. I wants to use that by another name like thanks or performance...
    If i do it thn whats going on ?
    is it ok ? or i have to set that by Points name ?
    Cant i change that name ? Should i use that by only that points name ? Or i can use that bar with a different name ?
    travis_cooper
    travis_cooper
    Forumember

Post by travis_cooper April 9th 2008, 8:34 pm

Oh, you want to create a personalized profile area for assigning points to your members? You should be able to create a bar module and name it whatever you want. I have one on my forum that keeps track of how many challenges members have participated in. So it is called challenge participation. I hope I'm helping with your question, it is a little hard to understand what you have written.
    EMO
    EMO
    Forumember

Post by EMO April 9th 2008, 9:07 pm

Well cooper
    You got me now well. And that was my question like you did for your forum.
    I just wont use that bar with points name. I wants use a bar in my forum. But with another name like you did.
    So - now if i use that bar with a different name - thn there are no problem - right ?
    travis_cooper
    travis_cooper
    Forumember

Post by travis_cooper April 9th 2008, 9:13 pm

Right
    EMO
    EMO
    Forumember

Post by EMO April 9th 2008, 9:33 pm

thanks alot - by problem is solved Smile
    thanks again Smile
    travis_cooper
    travis_cooper
    Forumember

Post by travis_cooper April 9th 2008, 10:16 pm

Glad we can help.

Marking this topic as solved and locking it.