The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
2 posters

Problem with domain name

Darlington
    Darlington

Male Posts : 15
    Language : English

In progress Problem with domain name

Post by Darlington Mon 14 Jan - 13:10

Hi,

I renewed my domain name with you and it says it has 285 days left.
    Can you advise then why my domain is being offered for sale by GoDaddy

Domain Sale

In progress Re: Problem with domain name

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan - 14:00

Hello @Darlington

When did you renew your domain name? If you did renew it in the last days of its withdrawal GoDaddy automatically start to sell it because GoDaddy can't know if you either are going to renew it or you're just going to let it go.

However, once you purchased the domain (and I am assuming you did it thought us) there is nothing to worry about Wink

Best regards.
    Darlington
    Darlington

Male Posts : 15
    Language : English

Post by Darlington Mon 14 Jan - 14:11

I renewed it on 9th October and it didn't run out until around 27th October. 

Either way it's over 3 months ago so why on earth is there an auction for it now in January 2019.

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan - 14:19

If you did renew it on October this isn't supposed to happen.

Therefore I will contact our tech support straight away. Please stand by for a reply. I will tag you as soon as I have a reply.

Best regards.

The Godfather
    The Godfather
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by The Godfather Mon 14 Jan - 14:48

hello @Darlington

i have no direct explanation as to why GoDaddy is putting some domains up for sale but it is probably a commercial operation to estimate their market value and make proposals to the owners even if they have not asked for anything.

any way, i don't see any problems with his domain name. it works very well with the forum and everything is in order on our side. this domain is not for sale and is dedicated to the forum that ordered it.

the domain has been acquired via Forumotion so you only has to worry about the information that forumotion gives you about your domain and not about the information provided by third parties.

all you needs to know is that your domain will remains functional during the period for which you has paid it. Wink

Current date/time is Sun 22 Sep - 16:38