Nightly Frights ~ Complex Review

Go down

In progress Nightly Frights ~ Complex Review

Post by JennyorAlice on February 9th 2019, 1:09 am

Name of the Forum: Nightly Frights
Address: http://nightlyfrights.forumotion.com/login
Type of Review: Complex
Your Name on the board: IT
Link to your last Review (if applicable): You'll find it here.
JennyorAlice
JennyorAlice
Forumember

Female Posts : 977
Language : U. S. English

http://nightlyfrights.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Nightly Frights ~ Complex Review

Post by TheCrow on February 11th 2019, 7:10 pm

@JennyorAlice, here's your review. I hope you enjoy it:

#Review #Complex #TheCrow_Review

Free Forumotion Service: Complex Review

Nightly Frights

First Impressions

• The first impressions of your forum are really amazing. Once I visited the forum my first thought was "Oh my!" This for your forum should be a compliment since you are really looking of these reactions. The background and the colors blend nicely and the vibes of the forum shout out the theme of the forum. I can see there is some interesting music there to play and have this friendly vibe and the feeling you are in a movie or a horror movie to be more accurate. I can easily suggest some improvements to make the general view of the forum more interesting but I think I should analyse these suggestions further in the review to be under each section. Overall, the first impression of the forum points out the horror factor you are wanting and the spookiness needed. So well done.

Forum Appearance

• The forum appearance is overall a nice one. What I would suggest for the appearance to improve is a new logo with a clearer horror image instead of that house that looks a little bit off due to the enlargement of it. The idea behind it is very nice and I would be more into the forum with a more clear picture. Also, if I had one thing to add, in my opinion, I would add the last post avatars to the main index of the forum just so it breaks the all text picture the forum has at the moment. Also, the forum links have a special blood-ish color that is not clear with the specific background used. What I would suggest is the red color of the background used to the border. With that color it would be more clear and all links would be perfect. Other that that, the design and the colors are really nice and well thought. Great work.

Members and Forum Activity

• I was not sure what to rate in your members and forum activity other that what's shown to your index. I can see some activity in the forum two days ago and none new. As for your members there is nowhere some information as to who logged in and how many members are viewing the forum these past days. What I would suggest is to bring back the connected members of the past days so your guests can see how many of them are logging in and make them wonder why they are registering and logging in. That way you sort of "make" them want to register to see what others see more than simply being guests. As for the forum posts, as I said, I can only judge by the activity shown to the index which is not really that enough. I understand it is an RPG forum but, I believe, the last posts widget would be a nice addition so your member wont wonder around searching what's new and what not.

Staff and Usergroups

• Your staff and usergroups I think are enough for a fresh forum. Although I do have a thought of their descriptions. I can see a group named Ghost for example and in their description there is something about VIP members and in Monster group there is word for Global Moderators. I believe these were your last descriptions before you probably changed their name or identity for your forum or they are like that so others understand what these groups are. In any case, this for me, in my opinion seem a little bit off as I thought these were some hierarchy to show what groups member can go in and not really the special team ranks as those could be the first two with different descriptions. Now these are only my thoughts as of if I had the forum what would I do. Other than that, the colors of the ranks and groups are very nice and well thought, so great job.

Forum Originality

• A great and original theme you have. The horror RPG is not often seen, at least to my eyes. I've seen a lot of RPG forums with different themes and more advanced than yours but this is a "fresh" forum as I said and I can see the improvements that could be done here. If you only added some features to the forum, maybe a popping ghost or something like that to make the horror factor all over your forum, it would make your forum more unique. There are potential to it but there is work needed to manage and reach that level. The more you work with your forum the more ideas you will come up with. Other than that, it is a nice forum with a good vibe and a good feeling that simply needs some boosting, so well done.

Grammar and Spelling

• I haven't seen any grammar or spelling mistakes to your forum. It looks like a well noticed forum and the words are noted as well. Very good!

Reviewer's Feedback

• My thoughts as a reviewer for your forum are really said above. I would love to see some great features added to the forum and make the forum more unique. Everything counts either positive or negative and you have to make them to see your members reactions to this. First impressions are key to these kind of forums that have to do with RPG so, what I would suggest as a guests, is to make your logo more attractive with a clearer image and some horror effects you can add there. Other than that, if you make the appearance more attractive, always talking for a guest's eye, you can gain more members and have a better experience for your members and your forum. Overall, great work and keep up the work!

Average Review Score: 7.86 /10 (Good work!)

Would you like to share your review on your forum, on another forum, or with your friends? Then here you go... grab the code!
Code:
[center][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f18/16/89/96/68/yfr11.png[/img]
[size=18][font=Trebuchet MS]Nightly Frights[/font][/size][/center]

[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#39c;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"] [color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color] [/td][td style="background:#39c;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]First Impressions[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/910.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*]The first impressions of your forum are really amazing. Once I visited the forum my first thought was "Oh my!" This for your forum should be a compliment since you are really looking of these reactions. The background and the colors blend nicely and the vibes of the forum shout out the theme of the forum. I can see there is some interesting music there to play and have this friendly vibe and the feeling you are in a movie or a horror movie to be more accurate. I can easily suggest some improvements to make the general view of the forum more interesting but I think I should analyse these suggestions further in the review to be under each section. Overall, the first impression of the forum points out the horror factor you are wanting and the spookiness needed. So well done.
[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#333;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"] [color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#333;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Forum Appearance [/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/7_b10.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*]The forum appearance is overall a nice one. What I would suggest for the appearance to improve is a new logo with a clearer horror image instead of that house that looks a little bit off due to the enlargement of it. The idea behind it is very nice and I would be more into the forum with a more clear picture. Also, if I had one thing to add, in my opinion, I would add the last post avatars to the main index of the forum just so it breaks the all text picture the forum has at the moment. Also, the forum links have a special blood-ish color that is not clear with the specific background used. What I would suggest is the red color of the background used to the border. With that color it would be more clear and all links would be perfect. Other that that, the design and the colors are really nice and well thought. Great work.
[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#39c;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"][color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#39c;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Members and Forum Activity[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/410.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*]I was not sure what to rate in your members and forum activity other that what's shown to your index. I can see some activity in the forum two days ago and none new. As for your members there is nowhere some information as to who logged in and how many members are viewing the forum these past days. What I would suggest is to bring back the connected members of the past days so your guests can see how many of them are logging in and make them wonder why they are registering and logging in. That way you sort of "make" them want to register to see what others see more than simply being guests. As for the forum posts, as I said, I can only judge by the activity shown to the index which is not really that enough. I understand it is an RPG forum but, I believe, the last posts widget would be a nice addition so your member wont wonder around searching what's new and what not.
[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#333;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"] [color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#333;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Staff and Usergroups[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/9_b10.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*]Your staff and usergroups I think are enough for a fresh forum. Although I do have a thought of their descriptions. I can see a group named Ghost for example and in their description there is something about VIP members and in Monster group there is word for Global Moderators. I believe these were your last descriptions before you probably changed their name or identity for your forum or they are like that so others understand what these groups are. In any case, this for me, in my opinion seem a little bit off as I thought these were some hierarchy to show what groups member can go in and not really the special team ranks as those could be the first two with different descriptions. Now these are only my thoughts as of if I had the forum what would I do. Other than that, the colors of the ranks and groups are very nice and well thought, so great job.
[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#39c;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"][color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#39c;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Forum Originality[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/810.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*]A great and original theme you have. The horror RPG is not often seen, at least to my eyes. I've seen a lot of RPG forums with different themes and more advanced than yours but this is a "fresh" forum as I said and I can see the improvements that could be done here. If you only added some features to the forum, maybe a popping ghost or something like that to make the horror factor all over your forum, it would make your forum more unique. There are potential to it but there is work needed to manage and reach that level. The more you work with your forum the more ideas you will come up with. Other than that, it is a nice forum with a good vibe and a good feeling that simply needs some boosting, so well done.
[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#333;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"] [color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#333;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Grammar and Spelling[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/10_b11.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*]I haven't seen any grammar or spelling mistakes to your forum. It looks like a well noticed forum and the words are noted as well. Very good!
[/list]
[table  width="100%;"][tr][td valign="middle" width="50px" style="font-size:20px;background:#39c;padding:8px;text-align:center;border-radius:2px 0 0 2px;"][color=#ffffff][b][font=FontAwesome][/font][/b][/color][/td][td style="background:#39c;padding-left:5px;width:38%;text-align:center;border-radius:0 2px 2px 0"][color=#FFFFFF][b][size=14]Reviewer's Feedback[/size][/b][/color][/td][td style="text-align:right;" align="right" valign="middle"][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/18/64/98/14/810.png[/img][/td][/tr][/table]
[list]
[*]My thoughts as a reviewer for your forum are really said above. I would love to see some great features added to the forum and make the forum more unique. Everything counts either positive or negative and you have to make them to see your members reactions to this. First impressions are key to these kind of forums that have to do with RPG so, what I would suggest as a guests, is to make your logo more attractive with a clearer image and some horror effects you can add there. Other than that, if you make the appearance more attractive, always talking for a guest's eye, you can gain more members and have a better experience for your members and your forum. Overall, great work and keep up the work!
[/list]
[hr]
[table  style="width:100%;"][tr][td style="text-align:center;"][b][color=#3399cc]Average[/color] [color=#333333]Review[/color] [color=#3399cc]Score[/color]:[/b] [b]7.86[/b] /10 ([i]Good work![/i])[/td][/tr][/table]
If you have any questions regarding your forum review, please do not hesitate to contact me via PM or tag me to your post.
#HappyCrow :rose:

TheCrow
TheCrow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 5953
Language : Greek, English

https://www.inforumgr.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum