"You can not change the forum URL because you have an active SSL certificate. " Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
5 posters

"You can not change the forum URL because you have an active SSL certificate. "

kittykitty
    kittykitty

Language : english

Solved "You can not change the forum URL because you have an active SSL certificate. "

Post by kittykitty October 6th 2019, 6:14 pm

Hi guys,

I set on my forum a temporary adress, silly, until i build/design it. And today i wanted to go change it into something more official, and I stumbled upon this message:

You can not change the forum URL because you have an active SSL certificate.

Now, i do apreciate the SSL feature, but i want my adress changed and i cannot seem to disable the SSL. So yup, i want its adress changed even if it means loosing SSL.
    What would now be he procedure for that?
    Please tell me i do not need to make a new forum with a new adress and start over with it...*prays*
    HALP!

Last edited by kittykitty on October 6th 2019, 9:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498
    Language : English

Solved Re: "You can not change the forum URL because you have an active SSL certificate. "

Post by SLGray October 6th 2019, 7:57 pm

In the same section, you should see a SSL Certificate tab.  It is between the left tab and the right (domain name) tab.

"You can not change the forum URL because you have an active SSL certificate. " Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    kittykitty
    kittykitty

Solved Re: "You can not change the forum URL because you have an active SSL certificate. "

Post by kittykitty October 6th 2019, 8:19 pm

i tried that mr SLGray, but even after i pick http and save the change name is still locked:
    "You can not change the forum URL because you have an active SSL certificate. " 09a06-10
    "You can not change the forum URL because you have an active SSL certificate. " 09a06-11

Last edited by kittykitty on October 6th 2019, 8:26 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : pic fails)
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498
    Language : English

Post by SLGray October 6th 2019, 8:20 pm

Your screenshot is not working.  Use the host an image button in the editor.

"You can not change the forum URL because you have an active SSL certificate. " Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    kittykitty
    kittykitty

Post by kittykitty October 6th 2019, 8:26 pm

edited it ^^
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19324
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape October 6th 2019, 8:44 pm

It can take upto 48hrs to remove your HTTPS address from your forum before you can change the domain name address

"You can not change the forum URL because you have an active SSL certificate. " Left1212"You can not change the forum URL because you have an active SSL certificate. " Center11"You can not change the forum URL because you have an active SSL certificate. " Right112
    "You can not change the forum URL because you have an active SSL certificate. " Ape_b110
    "You can not change the forum URL because you have an active SSL certificate. " Ape1010
    kittykitty
    kittykitty

Post by kittykitty October 6th 2019, 8:52 pm

oooh, OK! Thank you!
    i`ll wait...

And after i change it, should i just re-activate the ssl?
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Ape October 6th 2019, 8:57 pm

kittykitty wrote:oooh, OK! Thank you!
    i`ll wait...

And after i change it, should i just re-activate the ssl?

When the address is back to HTTP and you have changed the address to what you would like then you should re-activate the ssl YES Wink

"You can not change the forum URL because you have an active SSL certificate. " Left1212"You can not change the forum URL because you have an active SSL certificate. " Center11"You can not change the forum URL because you have an active SSL certificate. " Right112
    "You can not change the forum URL because you have an active SSL certificate. " Ape_b110
    "You can not change the forum URL because you have an active SSL certificate. " Ape1010
    kittykitty
    kittykitty

Post by kittykitty October 6th 2019, 9:01 pm

ok guys, thank you very much!
    i`ll mark the topic solved, hope the ssl goes away and i can change the adress, or i`ll be back here Very Happy
    tc!
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Ape October 6th 2019, 9:03 pm

Please don't mark it as solved yet it would be better to keep it open until the problem is 100% solved.

I have removed the solved icon until it is 100% done.

kittykitty
    kittykitty

Post by kittykitty October 6th 2019, 9:08 pm

allrighty then!
    *taps fingers onto desk watching the ssl sloooooooooooooooooooooowly crawl away...*
    just hope i remeber / defeat lazyness to return and check fufufu
    The Godfather
    The Godfather
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by The Godfather October 7th 2019, 11:15 am

Hello @kittykitty

Please provide me with the current url of the forum as well as the desired new address and we will take care of the modification for you on our side
    kittykitty
    kittykitty

Post by kittykitty October 9th 2019, 12:18 pm

hello @The Godfather !

i was just returning to say that after all these days the changes still do not work.
    current adress is doden.forumgratuit.ro
    i would like to change it to KYinc.forumgratuit.ro ( i really liked the team-talk.net main domain, but i read that is not available anymore Sad ). Juts as a note KYinc is not a mispelled adult related word, KY are my initials. Thank you!
    The Godfather
    The Godfather
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by The Godfather October 10th 2019, 9:52 am

Ok done Wink
    skouliki
    skouliki
    Manager
    Manager

Female Posts : 15311
    Language : English,Greek

Post by skouliki October 10th 2019, 10:01 am

marked as solved 

Problem solved & topic archived.
    Please read our forum rules:  ESF General Rules