The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
+3
Jucarese
Neptune-
PoodleyPie
7 posters

My forum disappeared

PoodleyPie
    PoodleyPie
    Forumember

Language : English

Solved My forum disappeared

Post by PoodleyPie December 22nd 2019, 5:32 pm

Hi. I hadn't visited my forum in many months; it's always been a ghost town.  When I tried to access it (https://www.artsyfartsydogforum.com/ ), google said "Hmm, we're having trouble finding that site".

I found this old post from me to you with a question about the SSL certificate which shows my forum address.

I reviewed my Paypal email receipts and see that I paid Agestra (Forumotion):
    $97.40 USD on April 27, 2019, for the one year premium renewal, and
    $15.20 USD for the domain to Agestra on May 7, 2019.

Thus, my forumotion forum is supposed to redirect to my domain:  https://www.artsyfartsydogforum.com/

So I tried the link: https://artsyfartsydogforum.forumotion.com/  but Google gave this warning to not click on the link, see photo..

Can you see if there's an oversight or problem with my account here?

Thank you.

My forum disappeared Forumotion-site-problem
    Neptune-
    Neptune-
    Forumember

Female Posts : 496
    Language : French (10), English (8), CSS (5), HTML (4), Javascript (4)

Solved Re: My forum disappeared

Post by Neptune- December 22nd 2019, 6:05 pm

Hello,

You get a warning because https://www.artsyfartsydogforum.forumotion.com/ DOES NOT exist.
    There is never any www on a basic URL.

Your forum is there -> https://artsyfartsydogforum.forumotion.com/

For the domain name, i can see it has been created on August, 3, 2019. And if it has been created on august it cannot be renewed in May because reneval is for one year.
    Jucarese
    Jucarese
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2539
    Language : spanish

Post by Jucarese December 22nd 2019, 8:11 pm

Your forum is ok as say Neptune

My forum disappeared TcUwwpa

Currently, there is no domain associated with your Forumotion subdomain

https://artsyfartsydogforum.forumotion.com/

If you bought the domain, it should be active, and it is not, you should send a capture of the area of your AP of the section of several ---> antecedents, where that purchase and that renewal is seen, and send it to some staff of this forum by PM

PoodleyPie
    PoodleyPie
    Forumember

Post by PoodleyPie December 23rd 2019, 2:19 am

Trying to figure this out; I know I purchased the premium and my domain from Forumotion in May 2018 and renewed this past May.

And here's a snapshot comment from this 5/2018 Forumotion link by a moderator/helper here confirming that my forum redirected to my domain, using either https or www:

My forum disappeared SSL-certificate-5-2018

Here's a snapshot of my Credits Management page where I renewed in May 2019.  It looks like I paid to renew the SSL domain certificate but the credits look like they're still there, unused. Not sure so please confirm.  

My forum disappeared Credits-management

Worse, I just discovered that when I go the domain I bought from you,  https://artsyfartsydogforum.com/
    it takes me to that web address, but this page, which appears to be a current, active blog owned by someone else:

My forum disappeared Wrong-page-says-Push-Your-Limit

The new owner apparently bought artsyfartsydogforum.com on Aug 3, 2019, as Neptune said - but it wasn't by me.  I'll take a guess that "my" domain was not renewed but I'm not sure if that was my fault since I went through the trouble of buying the credits to renew, or at Forumotion's end, possibly by not logging it in (no blame, just wondering what happened).  And thus the domain was sold three months later - unless it was hijacked.  I have no idea.

The title of the blog now is Push Your Limits and it's entirely about finances, but something seems odd about it, and why they would purchase a dog domain name for a finance blog?

It reminds me of a company that would buy such a domain to use as a placeholder, so to speak, to prevent any future competition in their own forums. There is such a large company now out of Canada that has bought up over 1,000 hobby forums since 2016, and are now changing the formats and renovating them to aggressively go after ad revenue.

Anyway, please let me know what options I might have, if any at this point, and who would be the best person here to address the issue.

Thank you.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498

Post by SLGray December 23rd 2019, 3:52 am

Please use only the default font size and color.

The SSL certificate is no longer part of the package system.  If the domain name is used, it is not available.

My forum disappeared Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    Neptune-
    Neptune-
    Forumember

Post by Neptune- December 23rd 2019, 6:51 am

If someone bought your former domain name, it's because it was available.

And if it was available it's because you never renewed it.

Your screen shows you bought 1200 credits on May, 07, 2019, but never used them to renew the domain. You still have those credits on your forum.

Once the domain expired in middle of May, it became unavailable during several weeks, then it has been deleted, so anyone could buy it and create it again, what happenned in August, 3RD.
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19325
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape December 23rd 2019, 1:48 pm

It looks like the domain was not installed on your forum in time and if you was away the domain was then sent back to be sold again.

You must always make sure you pay for your domain name before it runs out so we have time to make sure the domain will be installed at the right time.

Sadly if the credits was not removed fr your ACP then we can not do anything as the credits was not removed at the time you thought you got your domain name.

All i can say is hold on until the same time next year and then try and buy it again or maybe just get a new one and make sure you keep to the time limit's we give you.

Best regards and Merry Christmas.

APE

My forum disappeared Left1212My forum disappeared Center11My forum disappeared Right112
    My forum disappeared Ape_b110
    My forum disappeared Ape1010
    PoodleyPie
    PoodleyPie
    Forumember

Post by PoodleyPie December 29th 2019, 3:05 pm

Thank you everyone for your input.

I am curious about this: SL Gray said, "The SSL certificate is no longer part of the package system. If the domain name is used, it is not available."

If I get a new domain name, would I be able to link my forum to it? Or would I have still have to use the [myforum].forumotion.com web address?

Thanks.

Neptune-
    Neptune-
    Forumember

Post by Neptune- December 29th 2019, 3:44 pm

Well, that problem was fixed just few days after SSL certificates became free.

You can add your own domain name when you want, but you should disable SSL certificate few days because once installed, the domain name is not secured immediately.

It usually takes one night (european night) before SSL certificate secures both forumotion.com and customized domain name.
    skouliki
    skouliki
    Manager
    Manager

Female Posts : 15311
    Language : English,Greek

Post by skouliki January 6th 2020, 12:45 pm

hello

is this solved?

Indiana_24
    Indiana_24

Post by Indiana_24 January 13th 2020, 11:03 am

When the area terminated in center of May, it got inaccessible during half a month, at that point it has been erased, so anybody could get it and make it once more, what happenned in August, 3RD.
    Indiana_24
    Indiana_24

Post by Indiana_24 January 13th 2020, 11:03 am

When the area terminated in center of May, it got inaccessible during half a month, at that point it has been erased, so anybody could get it and make it once more, what happenned in August, 3RD.
    skouliki
    skouliki
    Manager
    Manager

Female Posts : 15311
    Language : English,Greek

Post by skouliki January 13th 2020, 11:08 am

Indiana_24 wrote:When the area terminated in center of May, it got inaccessible during half a month, at that point it has been erased, so anybody could get it and make it once more, what happenned in August, 3RD.

Please don't double post. Your posts need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping. Please use the edit button, instead!
    Please read our forum rules:  ESF General Rules
    also please dont hijack someone else thread
    multiple accounts are not allowed (pm send)
    if you are having a problem please open you own thread

SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498

Post by SLGray January 25th 2020, 6:03 am

Problem solved & topic archived.
    Please read our forum rules:  ESF General Rules

My forum disappeared Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.

Current date/time is September 23rd 2024, 12:37 am