The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
+3
TheCrow
skouliki
J-Master1
7 posters

Accidentally Deleted all my Pms in January TAKE 2

J-Master1
    J-Master1
    Forumember

Language : English

Accidentally Deleted all my Pms in January TAKE 2 Empty Accidentally Deleted all my Pms in January TAKE 2

Post by J-Master1 Tue 24 Dec - 4:55

All my pms have accidentally been deleted because I misread the option. Is there any way to retrieve them on vgchat? My username was MichaelXD and I had friendly pms between moderators.
    skouliki
    skouliki
    Manager
    Manager

Female Posts : 15311
    Language : English,Greek

Accidentally Deleted all my Pms in January TAKE 2 Empty Re: Accidentally Deleted all my Pms in January TAKE 2

Post by skouliki Tue 24 Dec - 7:38

hello

vgchat has nothing to do with forumotion
    you should ask for support there

if you are talking about forumotion's chat or private messages no there is no way I am afraid

J-Master1
    J-Master1
    Forumember

Accidentally Deleted all my Pms in January TAKE 2 Empty Re: Accidentally Deleted all my Pms in January TAKE 2

Post by J-Master1 Tue 24 Dec - 8:42

vgchat is forumotion. It's on forumotion.
    TheCrow
    TheCrow
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 6916
    Language : Greek, English

Post by TheCrow Tue 24 Dec - 9:17

Hello,

No, there is no way to retrieve the PM's if deleted. Sorry.
    ps. You can try a full backup to the forum (if you are the founder) but I don't think it will retrieve everything.

Regards,
    TC.

Accidentally Deleted all my Pms in January TAKE 2 Thecro10
     Forum of the Forums

Forumotion Rules | Tips & Tricks |
    FAQ | Did you forget your password?

*** The Support Forum will never ask you for your email or password, so please do not post them anywhere! ***
    No support via PM!
    J-Master1
    J-Master1
    Forumember

Post by J-Master1 Tue 24 Dec - 9:25

I am not. Terry is. He even showed up but didn't do a thing.
    Neptune-
    Neptune-
    Forumember

Female Posts : 496
    Language : French (10), English (8), CSS (5), HTML (4), Javascript (4)

Post by Neptune- Tue 24 Dec - 10:45

Hello,

J-Master1 wrote:vgchat is forumotion. It's on forumotion.

vgchat is not Forumotion

You may find one on Forumotion but that doesn't mean it comes from FM. You can add nearly anything on a forum, weather, tv grid, countdown, ads, games but none of them is provided by Forumotion.
    TheCrow
    TheCrow
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 6916
    Language : Greek, English

Post by TheCrow Tue 24 Dec - 12:18

Accidentally Deleted all my Pms in January TAKE 2 Thecro10
     Forum of the Forums

Forumotion Rules | Tips & Tricks |
    FAQ | Did you forget your password?

*** The Support Forum will never ask you for your email or password, so please do not post them anywhere! ***
    No support via PM!
    J-Master1
    J-Master1
    Forumember

Post by J-Master1 Tue 24 Dec - 15:19

But I talked about it here last time. Why not this time?
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19325
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape Tue 24 Dec - 15:44

can you show me the place where you spoke to us about it before so we can get up to date on what you spoke about as we are not mind readers and may not have seen your last topic.

EDIT:

Just to clear this UP for everyone The name for the forum is called VGCHAT it's not a chat box it's self its the name of the forum.

Sadly the only post / comments threads that can be restored are the ones made in the main forum Private PM's once deleted can not be backed up sorry.

Accidentally Deleted all my Pms in January TAKE 2 Left1212Accidentally Deleted all my Pms in January TAKE 2 Center11Accidentally Deleted all my Pms in January TAKE 2 Right112
    Accidentally Deleted all my Pms in January TAKE 2 Ape_b110
    Accidentally Deleted all my Pms in January TAKE 2 Ape1010
    J-Master1
    J-Master1
    Forumember

Post by J-Master1 Tue 24 Dec - 16:13

But they said if one person got their pms back, everyone gets their pms back. Isn't that right?
    Neptune-
    Neptune-
    Forumember

Female Posts : 496
    Language : French (10), English (8), CSS (5), HTML (4), Javascript (4)

Post by Neptune- Wed 25 Dec - 15:12

J-Master1 wrote:But they said if one person got their pms back, everyone gets their pms back. Isn't that right?

Yes that's right. But there's a if. And as zero person can get his pm back, no one can get them back

As APE said, only public threads (i mean topics on forum, no matter who can see them). Private messages are not backed up, so they can't be restored.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113

Post by brandon_g Thu 26 Dec - 3:10

PMS are not backed up since they are private, no one other then the sender and recipient can read them. Hence our system can not back them up since it can access them.

Sorry, but unfortunately they are gone forever.

Hope your having a Merry Christmas santa Hohoho .
    -Brandon

Accidentally Deleted all my Pms in January TAKE 2 Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic Accidentally Deleted all my Pms in January TAKE 2 Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Accidentally Deleted all my Pms in January TAKE 2 Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    J-Master1
    J-Master1
    Forumember

Post by J-Master1 Thu 26 Dec - 21:40

Pms were backed up and restored on my forum, the latiaswebs. So why not vgchat?
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498

Post by SLGray Thu 26 Dec - 21:42

Are you talking about a full restore?

Accidentally Deleted all my Pms in January TAKE 2 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Ape Thu 26 Dec - 21:52

J-Master1 wrote:But they said if one person got their pms back, everyone gets their pms back. Isn't that right?

J-Master1 wrote:Pms were backed up and restored on my forum, the latiaswebs. So why not vgchat?

EDIT:

It is upto the founder if they want to do a Full backup of the forum.

We can not do this for them it's the owners forum you will need to talk to them and then get them to post here asking how it's done.

TI have never seen a full backup fix the PM's but if you say it can be done as you have done it then maybe it can but we have NO right to deal with this problem as you are not the owner of that forum.

sorry.

Accidentally Deleted all my Pms in January TAKE 2 Left1212Accidentally Deleted all my Pms in January TAKE 2 Center11Accidentally Deleted all my Pms in January TAKE 2 Right112
    J-Master1
    J-Master1
    Forumember

Post by J-Master1 Sat 28 Dec - 21:59

Ok, I heard a crash sound in the background and I couldn't concentrate, and in turn, I accidentally cleaned out my inbox when I didn't mean to.
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Ape Sun 29 Dec - 19:31

As we have told you we can not help you.
    you will need to talk to the founder of the forum.

Topic closed and locked.

Current date/time is Mon 23 Sep - 0:28