Forum Statistics Table Problem Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

Forum Statistics Table Problem

orita
    orita

Language : Eng

In progress Forum Statistics Table Problem

Post by orita Sun 29 Dec - 21:29

Our forum version is phpBB2
    And here is our forum link: http://hogwartsexpress.yetkin-forum.com/

screenshot of the statistics part:

So we used the codes given in this topic - https://help.forumotion.com/t156828-latest-topics-table?highlight=Recents+Topics

First of all, the main problem is that "most viewed topics" part lists "most active users of the week/month" and vice versa. I drew arrows in the screenshot since they are in Turkish. We copied the html and css codes given in the topic above, for the HTML part only edited title names so they'd be in Turkish and CSS part so it suits our forum theme. Since we didn't touch anything other than these and we can't figure out a way to solve it. Also there seems to be a problem about the widgets, because when we place the widgets like the one in the "recent topics" topic as skouliki suggested to place, everything becomes distorted.

The other thing is, we want to hide "x amount of views", "y amount of answers" (i drew boxes around them, on the left part) but since there are no spesific parts adding them in the HTML codes we can't. Is there a way to eliminate them?

And the last thing, you can see the widest part on the right, shows the newest messages. Even though it is so wide it shortens the user names and sometimes title names (i drew a box around the user name "jessa halli..."). Since that table part is so wide we would like it to show the full names and even the category name next to the title if possible.

Our main problem is the first one, but I'd appreciate it so much if you could help us with others too. Thanks!
    skouliki
    skouliki
    Manager
    Manager

Female Posts : 15322
    Language : English,Greek

In progress Re: Forum Statistics Table Problem

Post by skouliki Mon 30 Dec - 9:21

hello

add this code to your css

Code:

#left .double {
        border-left: 2px;
        width: 40%;
    }

#left #recent_topics .lastRight {
        width: 90%!important;
    }

result

Forum Statistics Table Problem Scre1616

if i remember correctly that forum was ModernBB version, so the codes don't apply the same way to all versions

Last edited by skouliki on Sat 4 Jan - 9:49; edited 1 time in total

orita
    orita

Post by orita Mon 30 Dec - 21:19

Thanks for the answer.

When I use the code the result is this. Actually names are still not seen fully in every part.

Forum Statistics Table Problem VuXYTc

And Is there a way to fix the complication about ""most viewed topics" part lists "most active users of the week/month" and vice versa." for our forum version?

Our widgets look like this rn cause when we change them the way you showed it all looks crazy.

Forum Statistics Table Problem VuckMP
    skouliki
    skouliki
    Manager
    Manager

Post by skouliki Mon 30 Dec - 21:35

You can adjust the % , to my screen seems ok with the codes i gave you

edit: i dont see the codes i gave added in your forum

And Is there a way to fix the complication about ""most viewed topics" part lists "most active users of the week/month" and vice versa." for our forum version?

Our widgets look like this rn cause when we change them the way you showed it all looks crazy.

@orita when you change the portal widgets templates you must replace the old template by adding the new code ( not add to the existing template )
    i tested the tutorial in my]phpBB2 test forum and worked without any issues see 

Forum Statistics Table Problem Scre1617

orita
    orita

Post by orita Sat 4 Jan - 1:33

I tried and I Guess I deleted the css code also tried changing the percentage and it didn’t help with shortening the usernames but I’ll try again.

I didn’t understand what you meant with the other problem, you say it was because the code meant to be for mybb but is there a version meant for phpbb2? Right now we use exactly the same codes from that topic.
    skouliki
    skouliki
    Manager
    Manager

Post by skouliki Sat 4 Jan - 9:53

i meant that for me it worked just fine with your version as you can see in my screenshot
    when you changed the widget templates you must replace the whole template with the one i give not add my code to the existing template

try this instead for the usernames (the code had a missing element sorry)

Code:

#left .double {
        border-left: 2px;
        width: 40%;
    }

width: 90%!important;
    }

orita
    orita

Post by orita Thu 9 Jan - 5:06

Ok thanks I’ll also try the table thing all over again and let you know. We have no idea why it doesn’t work right still. We didn’t add the codes to the template we replaced them as you said.
    SarkZKalie
    SarkZKalie
    Support Moderator
    Support Moderator

Male Posts : 1442
    Language : English

Post by SarkZKalie Fri 10 Jan - 8:03

Go to Admin Control Panel -> Display -> CSS -> search and remove this (line number 338)
    Code:
        50% !important: ;
    }
    Because you have a same line in your stylesheet, so they can't work together
    Code:
        width: 50% !important;
    }

Forum Statistics Table Problem Sarkzk10