[Updated] Paid €49.80, Can't Access My Forum Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
5 posters

[Updated] Paid €49.80, Can't Access My Forum

Wind711

Language : English

Solved [Updated] Paid €49.80, Can't Access My Forum

Post by Wind711 April 4th 2020, 2:26 am

[Update: the original link is v-world.forumotion.net not .com, both used to work though]

Dear Staff,

I'm a very old forumotion.com user. I was away from my forum for gaming reasons for a long time. I decided to bring it back today so I purchased credits for €49.80 to activate a package and renew my custom url. I purchased sufficient credits, and paid credits only for the package (not yet for the url). After I clicked on buy now I wasn't able to access anything on my forum. Please help!

My forum: v-world.forumotion.com
    My founder and admin account: jOjO

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Wind711 on April 5th 2020, 3:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113

Solved Re: [Updated] Paid €49.80, Can't Access My Forum

Post by brandon_g April 4th 2020, 3:51 am

Are you sure you have the right url, cause when I put that url in my tools it doesn't come up in our system.

If you pm me with the email you used to make the forum, I will try and look it up for you.

-Brandon

[Updated] Paid €49.80, Can't Access My Forum Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic [Updated] Paid €49.80, Can't Access My Forum Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

[Updated] Paid €49.80, Can't Access My Forum Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    Wind711

Post by Wind711 April 4th 2020, 4:23 am

[Update: the original link is v-world.forumotion.net not .com, both used to work though]

Hi Brandon,

I'm sure about the url. Managing this forum has been a routine in my life for more than 10 years, and I have around 900 registered users. It was working until few hours ago when I clicked buy now. I sent you the email I used to create the forum, a screenshot of the forum creation email, the default url, and the custom url which I wanted to renew after I bought the package.

Thanks in advance!
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51496

Post by SLGray April 4th 2020, 5:59 am

The reason why you can not access the forum is that the domain name (virusme.net) does not exist.  Did you purchase the credits in the administration panel?  Also are you sure that you did not add a domain name?

[Updated] Paid €49.80, Can't Access My Forum Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    Wind711

Post by Wind711 April 4th 2020, 1:22 pm

Hi SLGray,

I purchased credit from the admin panel (through v-world.forumotion.com), it showed up as credit in my admin panel, and I received the payment SMS from my bank. I am sure I did not renew virusme.net after it expired. I wanted to do so, but I didn't have the chance to do it. That's because the forum became inaccessible right after I clicked on buy to buy the package.
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19314
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape April 4th 2020, 6:28 pm

Hello @Wind711 like Brandon said if you send him a PM with the Email address you used to make the forum with. He will take a look on our servers to find your forum and then give you the address linked to your account.

We can then also see if there is a problem our end using the same tools we use.

Regards.

APE.

[Updated] Paid €49.80, Can't Access My Forum Left1212[Updated] Paid €49.80, Can't Access My Forum Center11[Updated] Paid €49.80, Can't Access My Forum Right112
    [Updated] Paid €49.80, Can't Access My Forum Ape_b110
    [Updated] Paid €49.80, Can't Access My Forum Ape1010
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113

Post by brandon_g April 4th 2020, 8:03 pm

PM received. I think I found the problem.

The forum seems to think it should still be redirecting to virusme.net which is not controlled by us and this is the problem. This should not happen as the forum should have automatically removed the domain name when it expired. So something messed up somewhere. I will make a ticket asking for it to be unlinked by head office, but unfortunately I can not guarantee when it will be dealt with, as we only have a small portion of our head office staff working from home and in France where Forumotion is based, they are not letting people go to work.

I will keep you updated on the status of the ticket.

Edit: Ticket made. Also while I wait to here back from head office, could you try seeing if you can get into the forum utilities (https://www.forumotion.com/login) and trying the direct Admin panel access feature and see if you can remove yourself that way?

-Brandon

[Updated] Paid €49.80, Can't Access My Forum Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic [Updated] Paid €49.80, Can't Access My Forum Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

[Updated] Paid €49.80, Can't Access My Forum Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51496

Post by SLGray April 4th 2020, 8:38 pm

The topic was posted in the wrong section, so I have moved it to the correct section.
    Please read our forum rules:  ESF General Rules

[Updated] Paid €49.80, Can't Access My Forum Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    Wind711

Post by Wind711 April 5th 2020, 3:32 pm

brandon_g wrote:PM received. I think I found the problem.

The forum seems to think it should still be redirecting to virusme.net which is not controlled by us and this is the problem. This should not happen as the forum should have automatically removed the domain name when it expired. So something messed up somewhere. I will make a ticket asking for it to be unlinked by head office, but unfortunately I can not guarantee when it will be dealt with, as we only have a small portion of our head office staff working from home and in France where Forumotion is based, they are not letting people go to work.

I will keep you updated on the status of the ticket.

Edit: Ticket made. Also while I wait to here back from head office, could you try seeing if you can get into the forum utilities (https://www.forumotion.com/login) and trying the direct Admin panel access feature and see if you can remove yourself that way?

-Brandon

This worked. Huzzah My thoughts and prayers to the team in France. Thanks a lot for fixing my issue. More forumotion. :wouhou:
    skouliki
    skouliki
    Manager
    Manager

Female Posts : 15303
    Language : English,Greek

Post by skouliki April 5th 2020, 4:02 pm

Marked as solved
    Problem solved & topic archived.
    Please read our forum rules:  ESF General Rules