We have a problem with our sitemap Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

We have a problem with our sitemap

Richardr
    Forumember

Language : english

We have a problem with our sitemap Empty We have a problem with our sitemap

Post by Richardr 27/6/2020, 01:11

On submitting it to google, we get a "couldn't fetch" error. No information is provided as to the cause.

I have run several tests, and can confirm the sitemap is not blocked by robots.txt. It also allows crawling by googlebot. As required, we have made a new property in Google Console for the HTTPS version of the forum.
    We have also searched this help forum on the matter, and found a suggestion to add an extra "/" which did not work.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    (we use phpBB2)

Last edited by Richardr on 27/6/2020, 04:47; edited 1 time in total
    JaneDoe
    JaneDoe
    Forumember

We have a problem with our sitemap Empty Re: We have a problem with our sitemap

Post by JaneDoe 27/6/2020, 02:43

I have the same issue, it shows my sitemap as couldn't be fetched, but reading this

Couldn't fetch sitemap

I see that google is able to fetch my url. To get further help I think you will have to contact Google. My site is showing up in their search engine, so I am not to concerned by this glitch.

In the link I have given it tells you how to check if your url is posing any problems with Google. If it isn't like me, then the not fetched just means it is still pending. My latest attempt was on the 12th of June and it still shows as couldn't fetch. I don't know if this is the permanent state of display with this problem on Googles side. However I now have pages indexed.

Either way you will have to contact Google if you want help with it.
    Richardr
    Forumember

Post by Richardr 27/6/2020, 03:13

Thanks very much Anji 1.

I, too, have pages indexed. I have used the inspection tool before, which showed that the sitemap URL is indexed by google, as forumotion allows that. It thereby also gets "fetched."

It's just not fetched when submitted as a sitemap.

Last edited by Richardr on 27/6/2020, 04:51; edited 1 time in total
    JaneDoe
    JaneDoe
    Forumember

Post by JaneDoe 27/6/2020, 04:46

You're welcome @Richardr

To be honest I am quite annoyed that this is a known problem, yet google still have not fixed it. I may contact them to complain about it blackeye
    skouliki
    skouliki
    Manager
    Manager

Female Posts : 15310
    Language : English,Greek

Post by skouliki 9/7/2020, 15:33

When your request is complete, please mark it as Solved.