Complaints about being blocked by virus software Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
5 posters

Complaints about being blocked by virus software

BravoSix
    BravoSix
    Forumember

Language : English

Complaints about being blocked by virus software Empty Complaints about being blocked by virus software

Post by BravoSix August 4th 2020, 6:14 pm

This was brought up before when one of our members couldn't log in or view the forum because his Norton wouldn't allow him access. After an hour on the phone with Norton Customer Service, he was able to get back on. The script causing the issue was from one of your advertisers.

Now I'm getting complaints from users wanting to be able to view the forum as a guest before deciding whether or not to join, but they can't even view the forums because their virus software won't allow them access.

Seems like this is an ongoing issue.

-Todd
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19349
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Complaints about being blocked by virus software Empty Re: Complaints about being blocked by virus software

Post by Ape August 4th 2020, 6:20 pm

Hello Please can you ask your members to send screen shot's of what warning they get and then post them here

We would also ask that you post your URL so we can take a look.

Complaints about being blocked by virus software Left1212Complaints about being blocked by virus software Center11Complaints about being blocked by virus software Right112
    Complaints about being blocked by virus software Ape_b110
    Complaints about being blocked by virus software Ape1010
    BravoSix
    BravoSix
    Forumember

Complaints about being blocked by virus software Empty Re: Complaints about being blocked by virus software

Post by BravoSix August 4th 2020, 6:22 pm

Here's the URL of the forum: https://fieldsoffire.forumotion.com/

I've emailed two of the people who've had a complaint and asked them to screenshot the error. Since these people are unknown to me, I'm hoping they send me the information required and haven't just thrown their hands in the air in frustration and moved on.

-Todd
    skouliki
    skouliki
    Manager
    Manager

Female Posts : 15346
    Language : English,Greek

Post by skouliki August 4th 2020, 10:13 pm

hello...

they can try this
    Open Norton Secure VPN. In the My Norton window, click the drop-down arrow next to Secure VPN and click Ad Tracking. Click the Ad Tracking tab and slide Block Ad Trackers to enable or disable Ad Trackers.

brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113

Post by brandon_g August 4th 2020, 10:59 pm

Also ask them what Anti Virus software their using. Kaspersky is known for creating a lot of false positives on our system. Usually if you just whitelist the forum it doesn't happen again.

Complaints about being blocked by virus software Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic Complaints about being blocked by virus software Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Complaints about being blocked by virus software Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    The Godfather
    The Godfather
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by The Godfather August 5th 2020, 9:26 am

Hello, @BravoSix

Thank you for the report but we need the following information to reproduce the warning:

- The source (which virus software)
    - The alert
    - The ressource (all alerts are generated by a flagged ressources like a domain, a ressource...)
    - A screenshot

Thank you for your help.