The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
3 posters

Beware of fake domain name scams .

azwiz
    azwiz
    Forumember

Male Posts : 837
    Language : english

In progress Beware of fake domain name scams .

Post by azwiz November 1st 2020, 7:31 am

I got this email below regarding my Forum https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/ . It says something about submission expiration of my domain name e book or some sh_t . I have never heard of . It sounds as fishy as it is .

The message below is a scam and a fake . It is not the site I buy my domain name from .

This one below is the fake one . It was sent in contact to my email and as a PM message in my inbox of my Forum .

I am posting this to warn others .
    <^><^><^><^><^><^>

[Contact] RHGL1V4WBT

From Guest To Paul, Today at 1:01
    IMPORTANCE NOTICE

Notice#: 491343

Date: 2020-11-01

Expiration message of your valleyofthesuncc.com

EXPIRATION NOTIFICATION

CLICK HERE FOR SECURE ONLINE PAYMENT: http://godomainbay.site/?n=valleyofthesuncc.com&r=a&t=1604131250&p=v1

This purchase expiration notification valleyofthesuncc.com advises you about the submission expiration of domain valleyofthesuncc.com for your e-book submission.

The information in this purchase expiration notification valleyofthesuncc.com may contains CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR LEGALLY PRIVILEGED INFORMATION from the processing department from the processing department to purchase our e-book submission. NON-COMPLETION of your submission by the given expiration date may result in CANCELLATION of the purchase.

CLICK HERE FOR SECURE ONLINE PAYMENT: http://godomainbay.site/?n=valleyofthesuncc.com&r=a&t=1604131250&p=v1

ACT IMMEDIATELY. The submission notification valleyofthesuncc.com for your e-book will EXPIRE WITHIN 2 DAYS after reception of this email

This notification is intended only for the use of the individual(s) having received this message.

PLEASE CLICK ON SECURE ONLINE PAYMENT TO COMPLETE YOUR PAYMENT

SECURE ONLINE PAYMENT: http://godomainbay.site/?n=valleyofthesuncc.com&r=a&t=1604131250&p=v1

Non-completion of your submission by given expiration date may result in cancellation.

All online services will be restored automatically upon confirmation of payment. Delivery will be completed within 24 hours.

CLICK UNDERNEATH FOR IMMEDIATE PAYMENT:

SECURE ONLINE PAYMENT: http://godomainbay.site/?n=valleyofthesuncc.com&r=a&t=1604131250&p=v1

Sender e-mail address: info@domainworld.com

<^><^><^><^><^><^>

It looks very real . It is not . As soon as I got it I messaged Forumotion support staff with my suspicions . It was confirmed when I was told that the site that I would buy my domain from would appear in the AP .

Ape wrote:Yes just to let you know we never send you a PM about your domain names and no one will the domain names from us are from Godaddy so we would never PM you this is all done by your Admin Control Panel unless you have a domain hosted outside of our systems then you would get a Email from your host not us.

If you are worried about any PM's them please let us know.

We never send Emails or PM's out unless you are breaking rules and most of the time this is also done by your ACP not by PM or Email.

Yes . Thank you for confirming that again . This is a warning to Forum owners and users .

~_~_~_~_~_~_~

azwiz wrote: I have asked to reopen this topic because I received another scam / type email that came from " anonymous guest " from the " contact " at the bottom of the page in my website . And ended up in my PM's . Because I changed this function to display on PM's . instead of emails . I think this is safe . Because I believe the PM's to be unhackable . That the message is an empty threat

I do not believe that the website PM's are hackable . I just wanted to make users and mods aware of these types of messages .

}[}[}[}[}[}[}[}

[Contact] Keep hackers out from your site

From Guest To Paul, Today at 12:08
    Hi dear site owner,

If you received this letter, it means that your site has a vulnerability and is potentially susceptible to various types of automatic attacks.

Write "I want a report" to this email address - pentesting4u@yandex.com and specify your site. Within a few days we will send information about vulnerabilities that hackers can use to harm your site or server.

Sincerelly,
    Your pentest team

Sender e-mail address: zheleziamarat@gmail.com

azwiz
    azwiz

Last edited by azwiz on November 4th 2020, 6:19 am; edited 3 times in total
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19325
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

In progress Re: Beware of fake domain name scams .

Post by Ape November 1st 2020, 12:56 pm

Yes just to let you know we never send you a PM about your domain names and no one will the domain names from us are from Godaddy so we would never PM you this is all done by your Admin Control Panel unless you have a domain hosted outside of our systems then you would get a Email from your host not us.

If you are worried about any PM's them please let us know.

We never send Emails or PM's out unless you are breaking rules and most of the time this is also done by your ACP not by PM or Email.

Beware of fake domain name scams .  Left1212Beware of fake domain name scams .  Center11Beware of fake domain name scams .  Right112
    Beware of fake domain name scams .  Ape_b110
    Beware of fake domain name scams .  Ape1010
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498
    Language : English

Post by SLGray November 1st 2020, 7:47 pm

Problem solved & topic archived.
    Please read our forum rules:  ESF General Rules

Beware of fake domain name scams .  Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498
    Language : English

Post by SLGray November 3rd 2020, 2:03 am

Topic starter asked for this topic to be open again.

Last edited by SLGray on November 4th 2020, 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Beware of fake domain name scams .  Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    azwiz
    azwiz
    Forumember

Male Posts : 837
    Language : english

In progress beware-of-fake-domain-name-scams

Post by azwiz November 4th 2020, 6:17 am

I have asked to reopen this topic because I received another scam / type email that came from " anonymous guest " from the " contact " at the bottom of the page in my website . And ended up in my PM's . Because I changed this function to display on PM's . instead of emails . I think this is safe . Because I believe the PM's to be unhackable . That the message is an empty threat

I do not believe that the website PM's are hackable . I just wanted to make users and mods aware of these types of messages .

}[}[}[}[}[}[}[}

[Contact] Keep hackers out from your site

From Guest To Paul, Today at 12:08
    Hi dear site owner,

If you received this letter, it means that your site has a vulnerability and is potentially susceptible to various types of automatic attacks.

Write "I want a report" to this email address - pentesting4u@yandex.com and specify your site. Within a few days we will send information about vulnerabilities that hackers can use to harm your site or server.

Sincerelly,
    Your pentest team

Sender e-mail address: zheleziamarat@gmail.com

azwiz
    azwiz

Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19325
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape November 4th 2020, 4:16 pm

This is also a lot of trash our forums are as safe as any other site and you have nothing to worry about.

There is really no need to keep this topic open.

Beware of fake domain name scams .  Left1212Beware of fake domain name scams .  Center11Beware of fake domain name scams .  Right112
    Beware of fake domain name scams .  Ape_b110
    Beware of fake domain name scams .  Ape1010

Current date/time is September 23rd 2024, 2:29 am