Using Sound Notifications with CSS rather than modifying Templates Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
5 posters

Using Sound Notifications with CSS rather than modifying Templates

timberella
    timberella
    Forumember

Female Posts : 111
    Language : English

Solved Using Sound Notifications with CSS rather than modifying Templates

Post by timberella December 5th 2020, 9:17 pm

The other day I edited a template that I had used for the Sound Notifications and I must have typed a keystroke error because after publishing the template the group was messed up and no one could log in. It's since been fixed but the Admin is thinking it would be better not to mess with the templates to add sound for the notifications.

So what I'm asking is if Sound Notifications can be installed using CSS rather than modifying the templates? The tutorial for Sound Notifications does not provide any CSS but I'm hoping that someone can provide it for me.
    https://help.forumotion.com/t157012-sound-notifications

Our group is phpbb3. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by timberella on December 7th 2020, 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    SarkZKalie
    SarkZKalie
    Support Moderator
    Support Moderator

Male Posts : 1442

Solved Re: Using Sound Notifications with CSS rather than modifying Templates

Post by SarkZKalie December 6th 2020, 5:55 am

Sorry but this tutorial must add some html and Javascript code to the certain template. It could be overall_header or footer template, dont forget to backup current stable templates before adding/applying new one

Using Sound Notifications with CSS rather than modifying Templates Sarkzk10
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19314
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape December 6th 2020, 6:15 pm

Sadly there is no other way to do this.

Using Sound Notifications with CSS rather than modifying Templates Left1212Using Sound Notifications with CSS rather than modifying Templates Center11Using Sound Notifications with CSS rather than modifying Templates Right112
    Using Sound Notifications with CSS rather than modifying Templates Ape_b110
    Using Sound Notifications with CSS rather than modifying Templates Ape1010
    JaneDoe
    JaneDoe
    Forumember

Language : english

Post by JaneDoe December 6th 2020, 6:36 pm

timberella wrote:The other day I edited a template that I had used for the Sound Notifications and I must have typed a keystroke error because after publishing the template the group was messed up and no one could log in.  It's since been fixed but the Admin is thinking it would be better not to mess with the templates to add sound for the notifications.

So what I'm asking is if Sound Notifications can be installed using CSS rather than modifying the templates?  The tutorial for Sound Notifications does not provide any CSS but I'm hoping that someone can provide it for me.
    https://help.forumotion.com/t157012-sound-notifications

Our group is phpbb3.  Thanks in advance.

If you and the Admin are scared of more mistakes in the templates. I suggest you open a test forum. You can try things there and make sure they are functioning as you want before adding them to your main forum. A good idea would be to obviously make the test forum the same version as the main one, and copy over any modified templates, CSS and js scripts to the test forum. Basically making the test forum a carbon copy, to make sure your changes will work the same way before attempting them on the main forum.
    timberella
    timberella
    Forumember

Female Posts : 111

Post by timberella December 7th 2020, 12:59 am

I understand. Thanks so much for all the replies!
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51496

Post by SLGray December 7th 2020, 1:40 am

Problem solved & topic archived.
    Please read our forum rules:  ESF General Rules

Using Sound Notifications with CSS rather than modifying Templates Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.