Restoring Old Forum Content Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2 posters

Restoring Old Forum Content

Zan105

Language : English

Solved Restoring Old Forum Content

Post by Zan105 Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:30 pm

Hey all,

I used to run a forum, originally founded in 2009, that built up a pretty large amount of threads and users over the course of 5 - 6 years of running. Somewhere around 2015 or 2016 I retired the forum, didn't fully delete it or anything though. Recently I reconnected with a few of my old members and we've been trying to get access to the old posts in there to pull some information we used to have. Is there any way to restore all the old categories / forums / topics / etc? Here's what I get now:

Restoring Old Forum Content 210
    Restoring Old Forum Content 110

As you can see, we used to have 734 topics and 18.5K posts that are still in the system but just don't exist anymore. Anyone got any ideas how to recover these?

EDIT: I was doing some diggings and found out one of my admins deleted all the forums on March 10th of 2016 so I went to the back utility to restore prior that and I'm unfortunately unable to restore any further than end of 2019. Is it possible to restore back further than that?

Thanks,

Last edited by Zan105 on Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19324
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Solved Re: Restoring Old Forum Content

Post by Ape Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:20 pm

Hello
    You can restore your forum and it's members and much more using the 
      Forum Utilities

Just click the link and then type in your Email address you made the forum with and password.

EDIT: it maybe you can't restore your forum that long a go as our system had had problems in the past witch now has been fixed and not happened again

My advice is to try and do a full backup then do a comments backup after 24hrs but it will only let you backup to the dates on file there is no other way to get a backup any later then on screen sorry.

Restoring Old Forum Content Left1212Restoring Old Forum Content Center11Restoring Old Forum Content Right112
    Restoring Old Forum Content Ape_b110
    Restoring Old Forum Content Ape1010
    Zan105

Language : English

Post by Zan105 Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:45 pm

Hey Ape,

Thanks for letting me know, I'd need to restore all the way back to 2016 so if the system can't go back that far it looks like I'm out of luck. Thanks anyway!
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19324
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:06 pm

Yes sorry if there is no other dates then sadly this can't be done

Problem solved & topic archived.
    Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules
    e.

Restoring Old Forum Content Left1212Restoring Old Forum Content Center11Restoring Old Forum Content Right112
    Restoring Old Forum Content Ape_b110
    Restoring Old Forum Content Ape1010