The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
5 posters

Help to open a closed forum

JaneDoe!
    JaneDoe!

Language : English

Solved Help to open a closed forum

Post by JaneDoe! January 29th 2022, 1:18 am

Hi many of you know me. I wish to regain control of a forum I shut a few weeks ago. Unfortunately going via my control panel it is not working. Tell me what info you need and I will provide it. It is the Unofficial Township Forum. I shut it due to ill health but now would like to regain it for personal reasons. Seriously it doesn't work the way it should. Please help me out. It is for personal reasons I would like to access it.

Last edited by JaneDoe! on April 16th 2022, 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    skouliki
    skouliki
    Manager
    Manager

Female Posts : 15311
    Language : English,Greek

Solved Re: Help to open a closed forum

Post by skouliki January 29th 2022, 1:28 am

Hello

Are you the same person with this account ?

https://help.forumotion.com/u111640

If yes multiple accounts are not allowed

If you are the same person then we have answered you in this thread https://help.forumotion.com/t161018-link-to-https-township-forumotion-leads-to-unknown-platform

Last edited by skouliki on January 29th 2022, 1:36 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Update)

JaneDoe!
    JaneDoe!

Post by JaneDoe! January 29th 2022, 1:35 am

Yes but my google account was hacked @skouliki so I lost all my accounts so I have had no choice but to create a new account. I can't even log into your forum anymore. I lost everything. But yes it is Ang (Angie) you have done many of my graphics. Not to mention the numerous help you have given me with the codes on my forum.
    skouliki
    skouliki
    Manager
    Manager

Post by skouliki January 29th 2022, 1:38 am

Yes i know who you are of course i know but in the thread i posted above you are saying that you are not the founder

So iam confused why did you say to us you are not if you are?

JaneDoe!
    JaneDoe!

Post by JaneDoe! January 29th 2022, 1:43 am

Sorry @skouliki I just read that thread. No that thread is nothing to do with me. It's me, Ang the original founder or The Unofficial Township Forum. I had no idea someone was trying to take it over. I want it back. It's my forum as you know. But trying to recover it via my founder panel isn't working. If you could help me that would be much appreciated. I can answer any questions required. Many thanks friend.
    skouliki
    skouliki
    Manager
    Manager

Post by skouliki January 29th 2022, 1:45 am

Ok

Please send me only by private message
    - the email you used to create the forum ( also tell me if you have access to that email if not please provide a new one )
    - the founder’s username

Thank you

skouliki
    skouliki
    Manager
    Manager

Post by skouliki January 29th 2022, 1:48 am

So this is the account here you lost access?
    https://help.forumotion.com/u110239

JaneDoe!
    JaneDoe!

Post by JaneDoe! January 29th 2022, 2:04 am

i have sent two messages yet my messages show none as sent? Please let me know if you received them please skouliki.
    JaneDoe!
    JaneDoe!

Post by JaneDoe! January 29th 2022, 2:07 am

yep I know I will get wrong for double posting, Don't care. One message gave two emails second confirmed I was/am the original Jane Doe with the unicorn avatar.
    skouliki
    skouliki
    Manager
    Manager

Post by skouliki January 29th 2022, 2:36 am

Your PM has been received with thanks.
    Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules

I will send you an answer

JaneDoe!
    JaneDoe!

Post by JaneDoe! January 29th 2022, 3:30 am

@The Godfather I request you look into opening my forum I/was closed. I have information to support it is mine. God it should not be this difficult right!!!!! Don't get me wrong I am grateful you have protected it since I have been hacked. And thank you so much for that. Truly I mean this. I haven;t been well and I really appreciate it more than you know. But please just help me with this. I believe i am able to answer whatever questiohns you have to th4 best or my ability. I know due to illness I am not on the top of my game. Just help me. Honestly I was hacked/demolished. I went through a break up after 21yrs of abuse and also have a debilitatinhg illness. Sorry if my words aaren't totally right am trrying my best. Things just don;t work so perfect now. You know maybe thats why the forum means something. An acheivement/

Thankyou.........
    JaneDoe!
    JaneDoe!

Post by JaneDoe! January 29th 2022, 3:52 am

You know you have the nerve to behave like you have given me somerhing. I always paid for your service. It;s poor to treat customers this way. Shock we are customers. So you know what. Shove it to you. But I tell you. Pass my work on to someone else and you won't know what hit you.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 10113

Post by brandon_g January 29th 2022, 4:07 am

Hello,

Threatening staff is a serious offense that will not be tolerated here on this Support Forum. Please do not ever do that again.

You need to have patience while the process is on going. The way it works is that we submit a ticket, and we must wait for the head office to respond to it. Given it is now the weekend, we will not hear anything back from them until at least Monday.

-Brandon

Help to open a closed forum Brando10
    Remember to mark your topic Help to open a closed forum Solved15 when a solution is found.
    General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Help to open a closed forum Scre1476
    Team Leader
    Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
    skouliki
    skouliki
    Manager
    Manager

Post by skouliki January 29th 2022, 4:09 am

Please be patient
    It is weekend and we all work volunteering
    Here it is 5 at the morning
    As i said before the gmail you sent me is for this http://township-testing.forumotion.com/
    And the other email is not linked with any forum to our database

JaneDoe!
    JaneDoe!

Post by JaneDoe! January 29th 2022, 4:19 am

Please explain where staff have been threatened and I will apologise profusely for doing so. Otherwise I am highly offended personally.

]
    JaneDoe!
    JaneDoe!

Post by JaneDoe! January 29th 2022, 4:23 am

That is an extremely serious accusation you have throwen at me there. I find it really offensive. Lets cease conversation. I have an expectation. So lets focus on that and please do not insult me further. It is out of order and I highly inappropriate @skouliki I do not take kindly to your suggestion. Never offend me in such a manner. It is out of order and not required.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g January 29th 2022, 4:24 am

JaneDoe! wrote:So you know what. Shove it to you. But I tell you. Pass my work on to someone else and you won't know what hit you.

This sounds pretty threatening to me. In any case, you need to calm down and take a breather before you type. We understand you want to get your forum back, and a ticket has already been made on the matter. But the head office staff do not work weekends, so we can not do anything for you until they get back in the office on Monday. Until then you will need to wait patiently.

Remember to mark your topic Help to open a closed forum Solved15 when a solution is found.

Team Leader

Niko likes this post

JaneDoe!
    JaneDoe!

Post by JaneDoe! January 29th 2022, 4:36 am

Lets be clear if you mean "you won't know what hit you" then get over yourself that is not a personal threat to staff, that is a legal threat. For goodness sake. My threat is legal. Your confusion is no doubt to do with the fact that your paid staff is called @The godfather I am however am not part of the mafia and am just part of the legal society who dealt with things from a purely legal point of view.
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g January 29th 2022, 4:44 am

I am not going to argue with you on what does or does not constitute a threat. Either way your attitude was completely uncalled for. Skouliki was just trying to help, but we have procedure we have to follow. Also The Godfather hasn't even been involved in the situation so I don't know why your aiming your barb at him. Next time you just need to take a minute to calm down before you type. Keep in mind every single staff, from us volunteers to the Pro Staff in the Head Office are here to help. Getting upset, making threats of any type (whether intended physically or not) will not get you help any faster.

If your calm and patient with us, we will go above and beyond to help you. All we ask is a little patience and respect in return.

Last edited by brandon_g on January 29th 2022, 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Team Leader
    JaneDoe!
    JaneDoe!

Post by JaneDoe! January 29th 2022, 4:46 am

As message states above. I guess threatening comes down to your own state of mind, not mine. Calm down. Well patronising advice. But hey thanks for that. Of course you all think your doing us a favour. But if it makes you feel better. Go for it. Just please don't expect to patronise me in the process. And really don''t even attempt to accuse me of such things. I don;t care if you are classed as staff or not. It is out of order I will not tolerate it. It is inappropriate and highly offensive.
    JaneDoe!
    JaneDoe!

Post by JaneDoe! January 29th 2022, 4:51 am

Oh and if we should all be grateful for volunteers and no actual staff that should mean no paid services? No I thought not. Take your position as volunteer up with Forumotion???? As a paying customer it is not something I should have to consider. Do you disagree? Oh okay, please share why?
    brandon_g
    brandon_g
    Manager
    Manager

Post by brandon_g January 29th 2022, 4:52 am

All I am going to say is this and then I am going to leave it be, as there is literally nothing we can do for you until Monday anyway:

You CHOSE to delete the forum, during that process you were warned that it could irreversible. So you can't come storming on here making 'legal' threats because we can not restore the forum on a second's notice. Usually we can not recover the forum at all, in this case it might be possible because it still shows up in our tools (but again we must wait for head office to let us know if it is possible). But remember that ultimately it was YOUR decision to delete the forum not ours. You asked us to help you restore the forum, and that is exactly what we are trying to do. I am sorry if it is not quick enough to your liking. But the staff in the head office are entitled to days off, which is Saturday and Sunday. When they return, they will handle our ticket and go from there. Until then, I suggest you wait patiently and CALMLY until they do.

I hope you have a wonderful night,
    -Brandon

Team Leader
    JaneDoe!
    JaneDoe!

Post by JaneDoe! January 29th 2022, 5:02 am

And let me end with your attitude is inappropriate, overboard, accusatory, offensive and way out of line. I am highly offended by the comments made here. To suggest such things toward me is mentally damaging and not acceptable. You have no idea what damage you have caused me tonight. I hope you are both comfortable with what you have done. You have absolutely destroyed me. I was hurting anyway. What you have done is taken anything I thought was slightly decent left in myself and basically told me I am nothing. Thank you. I needed that.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498

Post by SLGray January 29th 2022, 5:11 am

Also you need to understand that the head office is in France so it would be their time zone Monday.

Also let us all stop the discussion about threats. If you want to continue the discussion, do it by PM's.

Help to open a closed forum Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498

Post by SLGray January 29th 2022, 5:26 am

JaneDoe! wrote: Unfortunately going via my control panel it is not working.
    Wait a minute!  What do you mean by control panel?

Help to open a closed forum Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    JaneDoe!
    JaneDoe!

Post by JaneDoe! January 29th 2022, 5:53 am

SLGray wrote:
    JaneDoe! wrote: Unfortunately going via my control panel it is not working.
    Wait a minute!  What do you mean by control panel?

I mean the utensils only available to the founder @SLGray As for the rest, I am not the one making disgusting disgusting accusatations against another forum member. All I want is to get my forum back and never have a reason to speak to someone on this forum ever again.

Yes @brandon_g I DELETED my account. How or why that happened is none of your busisness. But thanks for obviously making a judgement. NICE!

So lets try get my forum back, you can all go back to your sanctimonious positions and leave me the hell alone. Sounds good doesn't it. I mean am totally blown away how busy it is here. Can only think it your friendly manner, lol. Okay that might be a micky take. But why don;t you all calm down. You have your paid staff called the godfather for god sake. Like you know head of mafia, yet you jump on me when my reference was purely legal. FFS. But yeah I need to calm down.

On a serious level. I would ask all of you. How would you rate yourself as a decent human being? My experience tonight. You didn;t score very highly..
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19325
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape January 29th 2022, 4:16 pm

Please @JaneDoe! let us hold on until Monday where the ticket will be looked at there is no point tagging the Godfather on this topic it would not be him who will be looking at this it will be us and one other head office staff member in France.

I understand you are upset and have health problems and i remember you from before, We talked alot in PM.
    You need to understand keep posting in this topic will not help you or any of our team you will just make them not want to help you. we work from home in our own time 100% free and have a life outside of this forum and other sites.
    We do our best and if we can't help then we will pass it on to some one who can.

Now if you have closed a forum your self then it should still be there. now if some one ahs took this forum over then we need more data to help get it back for you but at weekends the office is closed and only tech staff would be on call if our servers was to go down.

So please hold on until Monday where our staff will help you more when the ticket has been read.

Also it is not a good move to be posting about your Health problems in public you open your self to getting bad comments or problems.

Help to open a closed forum Left1212Help to open a closed forum Center11Help to open a closed forum Right112
    Help to open a closed forum Ape_b110
    Help to open a closed forum Ape1010

JaneDoe! likes this post

skouliki
    skouliki
    Manager
    Manager

Post by skouliki January 31st 2022, 10:29 am

hello

we had an answer from the head office
    you are using the gmail for another forum online this https://township-testing.forumotion.com/.

So, to restore your main forum http://township.forumotion.com/ we need

a new email to replace the gmail or you must delete the test forum  https://township-testing.forumotion.com

please if you choose the new mail option send me the new email only by private message

thank you

TonnyKamper likes this post

JaneDoe!
    JaneDoe!

Post by JaneDoe! February 21st 2022, 2:57 am

Okay thank you @Ape and @skouliki

Sorry I don't quite understand. I am happy to delete my test forum if that is what it takes. The problem is that since all of my passwords were deleted when my google account was hacked I no longer am able to log in and delete it. Should I give a new email for my main forum in this case to get it back? Your recommendations would be appreciated.

Yes @Ape you are probably right. I don't seem to have a filter anymore and expose myself more than is appropriate. I tend not to come onto forums to much anymore due to my inability to control this. You are right, it is not good for me. It is nice of you to think of my wellbeing that way Help to open a closed forum 2665

Edited to Add: I want my forum back as I feel it is something to be proud of. Whether I am able to run it anymore is a different matter. I learnt so much from you all here and even just being able to implement your help and changes to it was an amazing achievement for me. And you know what? I don't want to lose that.

Whatever happens. Thank you to all of the volunteer staff and talented members here who have helped me. I have learnt a lot and been more capable than I believed possible. It was a great journey for me. I truly appreciate it. Yes I am a pain. But please take my apology sincerely where I may have gone wrong. I genuinely don't mean to.
    skouliki
    skouliki
    Manager
    Manager

Post by skouliki February 21st 2022, 8:08 am

Yes please send me a new email by pm

Thank you

JaneDoe! likes this post

Current date/time is September 22nd 2024, 11:30 pm