The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
5 posters

Where is my group?

Poul David
    Poul David
    Forumember

Language : Danmark

Solved Where is my group?

Post by Poul David Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:54 pm

I have now created a group as described, but how do you write threads and comments in that group? - I don't see how you can do this! - Or do you have to create the group in categories first and then grant permissions to it?

Is it only the group that must have permissions?

I can click on groups at the top and then click in the LIST OF GROUPS on the group, and then click on the group's name, the group appears, but you cannot post!

or have I done something wrong?

Paul

Last edited by Poul David on Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jucarese
    Jucarese
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2539
    Language : spanish

Solved Re: Where is my group?

Post by Jucarese Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:44 pm

You do not see the groups in the forum. The groups are only for you to give them permissions to see some forums and not others, or to give permissions to certain groups to moderate for example. But in the forum you will not see anything, only your forum your themes.
    Poul David
    Poul David
    Forumember

Post by Poul David Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:28 pm

jucarese wrote:You do not see the groups in the forum. The groups are only for you to give them permissions to see some forums and not others, or to give permissions to certain groups to moderate for example. But in the forum you will not see anything, only your forum your themes.

ok there isn't a group that members can go into and post threads and comments! - I think I will create that group in the categories instead!

Paul
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498
    Language : English

Post by SLGray Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:29 pm

If you mean a forum just for a specific group, you will have to create it in the AP and only give permissions for that group in that forum.

Where is my group? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    Poul David
    Poul David
    Forumember

Post by Poul David Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:48 am

SLGray wrote:If you mean a forum just for a specific group, you will have to create it in the AP and only give permissions for that group in that forum.

Yes I understand that there is no special area on this forum to make groups in!

I know that on other forums there is a special group area where members can create their own group!

They can then choose to use their group or the forum's other categories!

You can see it here in this forum - click mere (more) and click grupper (groups)!

https://www.baboom.dk/forum

Paul

Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19325
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:42 pm

You can't do that on this forum system sorry.

The only way to make a group is by your admin Control panel and only founders and admins can do that.

Basic's:

Groups.
    Are like admin, Mod's, other team members, special members with powers to do things or can see parts of a forum not seen by others like VIP rooms.

Ranks.
    Ranks are made up to show a image or word to show what rank you are in the forum like founder, Admin, Mod, special members, VIP member and so on. This then shows up on your post profile.

Categories.
    are parts of a forum where you can slit small or large forums in to a Category.

Forums.
    forums are where you make posts or comments on others posts.

Members can't make a forum on your board for them self you have to do this for them.

So what your asking to is not possible on our forum system. SORRY.

Where is my group? Left1212Where is my group? Center11Where is my group? Right112
    Where is my group? Ape_b110
    Where is my group? Ape1010

TonnyKamper and tikky like this post

skouliki
    skouliki
    Manager
    Manager

Female Posts : 15311
    Language : English,Greek

Post by skouliki Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:16 pm

Marked as solved