Allow HTML not working Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

Allow HTML not working

LeChat
    LeChat
    Forumember

Language : english, polish

Solved Allow HTML not working

Post by LeChat 3/10/2023, 01:18

Technical Details

Forum version : #phpBB3
    Position : Founder
    Concerned browser(s) : Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari
    Who the problem concerns : All members
    Forum link : http://mayo.forumpolish.com

Description of problem

Hey, HTML in posts for all members should working but it isn't.

PA
    Allow HTML: ON
    Allow unprotected HTML: All members
    Unauthorize members with less than a week registration to post external links and emails : OFF

Allow HTML not working 7QSnA4x Allow HTML not working 7ZRHOo2

Always enable HTML: Yes

And after change Allow unprotected HTML to All members I have Maintence in progress error. ;C

Last edited by LeChat on 3/10/2023, 11:08; edited 2 times in total
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19324
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Solved Re: Allow HTML not working

Post by Ape 3/10/2023, 01:37

Hi @LeChat

If you set the settings in your Admin Control panel to always allow this don't mean that your members settings is auto set for them.

Each member will have to allow this them self in their own profile page.

My advice is to open a welcome PM and make note to your members to make the change in the profile.

The Maintenance in progress page is down to our servers. It may have been we was working on something our end at the time.

Are you still getting this page ?

Allow HTML not working Left1212Allow HTML not working Center11Allow HTML not working Right112
    Allow HTML not working Ape_b110
    Allow HTML not working Ape1010
    LeChat
    LeChat
    Forumember

Post by LeChat 3/10/2023, 01:45

First of all, thank you for the tip. <3

Second. Forum is closed for all users for now. HTML isn't working in my own posts. As i wrote, I changed settings in my profile for always enable HTML and html still doesn't work.

I'm a little afraid of this message. Could it have appeared because I changed the option in the settings to allow all members to unprotected HTML?

Edit: Because this message isn't visible on other forumpolish forums. It appears only on my forum.
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Ape 3/10/2023, 02:09

Don't worry about the page about that page it had nothing to do with you making a change to your settings.

our forums work on a number of servers and sometimes one of them may be getting an update or it is just backing up it's systems and your forum.

My advice is to clear your browser and try again.

If you still have the problem in more then 3 hours let me know and i can report it to our tech team.

Please remember not all HTML codes work on our forums

it may help if you paste what your trying to do here on the support forum so we have a clue on what is not working.

If you post a code please use the code button in your editor Allow HTML not working Code20

Also when making a new topic please see the following settings at the bottom of your post page.
    Allow HTML not working Captu670 make sure the box is not set to Don't allow HTML before posting.

Allow HTML not working Left1212Allow HTML not working Center11Allow HTML not working Right112
    LeChat
    LeChat
    Forumember

Post by LeChat 3/10/2023, 02:19

our forums work on a number of servers and sometimes one of them may be getting an update or it is just backing up it's systems and your forum.
    Thank you. It calmed me down, because I thought it was me who broke something.

If you still have the problem in more then 3 hours let me know and i can report it to our tech team.
    ok

The same codes are working perfectly on test forum, but maybe it's related with Maintence in progress message, because just before it appeared, I had some problems with saving changes in PA. Maybe something wasn't saved.

I'll check it tomorrow (it's already 1 a.m. in my time zone XD) and I'll keep you updated.

Ape likes this post

Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Ape 3/10/2023, 02:36

LeChat wrote:
    Thank you. It calmed me down, because I thought it was me who broke something.

ok

The same codes are working perfectly on test forum, but maybe it's related with Maintence in progress message, because just before it appeared, I had some problems with saving changes in PA. Maybe something wasn't saved.

I'll check it tomorrow (it's already 1 a.m. in my time zone XD) and I'll keep you updated.

I have ran a test and yes one of our servers is coming back as not online.

This is an unexpected server problem and if it's not fixed by tomorrow then i will report it to out team.

Best regards.

Ape & the Forumotion Team.

TonnyKamper, poesia-verses and Razor12345 like this post

LeChat
    LeChat
    Forumember

Post by LeChat 3/10/2023, 11:07

Forum is back.

I found a problem with HTML. I had my CSS saved in Modules > Forum widgets management. My widget with CSS didn't work in right column, but in left column everything works. xD

Ape likes this post

Razor12345
    Razor12345
    Support Moderator
    Support Moderator

Male Posts : 1575
    Language : Ukr, Rus, Eng

Post by Razor12345 3/10/2023, 11:09

Problem solved & topic archived.
    Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules

Allow HTML not working Screen51