Help With Currency/Shop System Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4 posters

Help With Currency/Shop System

DeafDragon12
    DeafDragon12

Male Posts : 4
    Language : English

Solved Help With Currency/Shop System

Post by DeafDragon12 June 2nd 2024, 7:25 pm

I'll admit i'm not very good at developing systems but I had a general idea of what to do. I wanted to develop a currency and shop system. This shop system would be used to get items that would go into their trunk/inventory (to which I'd like to also develop so players have a place that stores items they buy in a shop or items given to them from other players).

This is the shop I'd like to establish, or at least the general look with the Name of the item, the item image, the description, the prices (as per the currency system) and the add/subtract items to when you buy the items in the shop.
    Help With Currency/Shop System Image

I'd like to do a currency system in where I can use harry potter currencies- Galleons, Sickles and Knuts. Knuts are your lowest currency, sickles in between and galleons the top. It takes 29 knuts to become a sickle and 17 sickles to become a galleon. I'd like to have them to the next type of currency the moment it hits (29 for knuts and 17 for sickles) the last number. The currency would be used in the shop system and with a donation if anyone wants to donate money. I say this because I saw you could give people points in the admin panel and I'm wanting to use that for house points instead.

I've seen that people try to use stuff like VBulletin and such, but I don't want to use it. I saw this in my search for similar topics and I like it, I don't know if and how it'd work.

I am using a PHPBB3 board, site link: https://saudaderpg.forumotion.com/. I'm more than happy to use a html webpage as part of the admin panel. The only problem is, I'm not sure exactly what it is I'm doing as I've never really made a shop to be honest. I'd love to make one for a pet shop (magical menagerie), ingredients shop (apothecary shop), book store (flourish and blotts). I don't know how I'd get the codes to function correction and fire away and function correctly.

Last edited by DeafDragon12 on June 4th 2024, 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    skouliki
    skouliki
    Manager
    Manager

Female Posts : 15311
    Language : English,Greek

Solved Re: Help With Currency/Shop System

Post by skouliki June 3rd 2024, 8:05 am

hello

Did you try to follow the steps to make the shop you saw on that topic ?

Razor12345
    Razor12345
    Support Moderator
    Support Moderator

Male Posts : 1575
    Language : Ukr, Rus, Eng

Post by Razor12345 June 3rd 2024, 8:42 am

Good morning!

I want to clarify - do you want to display one currency in the product card instead of three depending on the number of coins the user has?

Help With Currency/Shop System Screen51
    DeafDragon12
    DeafDragon12

Post by DeafDragon12 June 3rd 2024, 1:56 pm

skouliki wrote:hello

No, I haven't, I'll do that, I just posted because I've (1) never done this before) and (2) I have hesitations when I've never done it before 😂

Razor12345 wrote:Good morning!

I want to clarify - do you want to display one currency in the product card instead of three depending on the number of coins the user has?
    Honestly, having three up might be straight forward and easier to identify so I'll say three.
    DeafDragon12
    DeafDragon12

Post by DeafDragon12 June 3rd 2024, 2:33 pm

skouliki wrote:hello

Sorry for double posting, but I've done that.
    https://saudaderpg.forumotion.com/h1-shop

An alternative that I could do based on that thread but don't really want to do is a thread.
    Razor12345
    Razor12345
    Support Moderator
    Support Moderator

Male Posts : 1575
    Language : Ukr, Rus, Eng

Post by Razor12345 June 4th 2024, 9:53 am

With points system, you can make one currency that will automatically decrease if you buy something in the shop. The functionality of the forums does not provide for the creation of different types of points.

Besides, where should the items a user buys go? Unfortunately, you can't achieve automatism here either and will have to manually add the item to the user (if we're talking about fixing purchases in the profile field).

You can create a separate field in the user profile for each currency - then there will be no automatism. That is, the user will have to write somewhere that he wants to buy a certain product for such a currency. A moderator/administrator (forum staff who can edit user profiles) comes in. This person removes a certain amount of ‘money’ from the profile field and adds the desired item to the user.

More information about user profile fields:
    - Personalized Profile fields / Warning System
    - Edit profiles fields browsing through the members profiles

Help With Currency/Shop System Screen51

Wizzard likes this post

DeafDragon12
    DeafDragon12

Post by DeafDragon12 June 4th 2024, 1:38 pm

Razor12345 wrote:With points system, you can make one currency that will automatically decrease if you buy something in the shop. The functionality of the forums does not provide for the creation of different types of points.

Besides, where should the items a user buys go? Unfortunately, you can't achieve automatism here either and will have to manually add the item to the user (if we're talking about fixing purchases in the profile field).

You can create a separate field in the user profile for each currency - then there will be no automatism. That is, the user will have to write somewhere that he wants to buy a certain product for such a currency. A moderator/administrator (forum staff who can edit user profiles) comes in. This person removes a certain amount of ‘money’ from the profile field and adds the desired item to the user.

More information about user profile fields:
    - Personalized Profile fields / Warning System
    - Edit profiles fields browsing through the members profiles

I don't really want to add more profile fields, so perhaps I'll use the points and figure out something else for House Points.

When it comes to pets, I'll have the pets displayed in a thread with the cost then instructions as to how to obtain it, and they can do an rp (short) of obtaining it or reply to the post saying they want it, and we'd withdraw from the admin panel.
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498

Post by SLGray June 4th 2024, 9:37 pm

Problem solved & topic archived.
    Please read our forum rules:  ESF General Rules

Help With Currency/Shop System Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.