Turn Off Post Count Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
+5
travis_cooper
bluebells
babaganoosh
crotozonex
Sora
9 posters

Turn Off Post Count

Poll

Turn off post count?

[ 15 ]
    Turn Off Post Count Bar_left79%Turn Off Post Count Bar_right [79%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Turn Off Post Count Bar_left16%Turn Off Post Count Bar_right [16%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Turn Off Post Count Bar_left5%Turn Off Post Count Bar_right [5%] 

Total Votes: 19
    Poll closed
    Sora
    Sora

Male Posts : 11
    Language : English, some French

Turn Off Post Count Empty Turn Off Post Count

Post by Sora April 23rd 2008, 5:05 pm

I think there should be an option where you can just turn off the post count on your forums completely. I say this because many people on my forum are just posting 3 letter replys or pointless replys and it takes way to long to delete them all. What do you other people think?
    crotozonex
    Forumember

Language : English

Turn Off Post Count Empty Re: Turn Off Post Count

Post by crotozonex April 24th 2008, 5:29 am

yes, this will be great for the general dscussions or chat forums.
    babaganoosh
    Forumember

Post by babaganoosh April 26th 2008, 5:42 am

Yeah for certain sections such as little games that you only leave 1 or 2 word responses, this would help a great deal. I know on the forum I'm at that people don't post in the games purely because they don't want their posts that way and look like spammers.
    bluebells
    bluebells
    Forumember

Female Posts : 206

Post by bluebells April 26th 2008, 5:46 am

Yes, this is exactly what I'm looking for on the forums.
    travis_cooper
    travis_cooper
    Forumember

Male Posts : 698

Post by travis_cooper April 28th 2008, 5:54 am

Do you mean that no post is ever counted? If so, I don't think that its a good idea at all. So lets follow this logic, people are posting a lot to bump up their post count, you don't like that so instead everybody just gets a post count of 0 always, because nothing ever adds to their post count. So if everybody has a post count of 0, then you really don't care about post counts, if you really don't care about post counts, then who cares if somebody is trying to get their post count up? If you are talking about having specific sections that don't count towards it, then you should support this thread, as it is already suggesting this and has had a lot of votes already.
    Hiuxing
    Hiuxing
    Forumember

Language : Dutch and English

Post by Hiuxing April 28th 2008, 1:50 pm

Yeah!
    I want to have a sub forum where they can spam what they want.
    Without earning post counts.
    Sora
    Sora

Male Posts : 11
    Language : English, some French

Post by Sora April 29th 2008, 5:24 am

travis_cooper wrote:Do you mean that no post is ever counted? If so, I don't think that its a good idea at all. So lets follow this logic, people are posting a lot to bump up their post count, you don't like that so instead everybody just gets a post count of 0 always, because nothing ever adds to their post count. So if everybody has a post count of 0, then you really don't care about post counts, if you really don't care about post counts, then who cares if somebody is trying to get their post count up? If you are talking about having specific sections that don't count towards it, then you should support this thread, as it is already suggesting this and has had a lot of votes already.

No I dont mean turn off the post cound entirely for the entire forum, I simply mean that if you want to you should be able to have posts not be counted for certian areas of the forum.
    Alexander K
    Alexander K
    Forumember

Male Posts : 83
    Language : English & French

Post by Alexander K April 29th 2008, 5:47 am

My forum needs this!

Lot's of people post quality things, but lot's of people like to spam, so this would be perfect for a SPAM SECTION!

So when you make new topics / reply to threads, your post coutn won't budge.

This is a very good idea, I made a post about this in admin problems. Razz
    case

Post by case April 29th 2008, 6:40 am

My forum needs this too for the spam section.
    travis_cooper
    travis_cooper
    Forumember

Male Posts : 698

Post by travis_cooper April 29th 2008, 4:46 pm

Sora wrote:
    travis_cooper wrote:Do you mean that no post is ever counted? If so, I don't think that its a good idea at all. So lets follow this logic, people are posting a lot to bump up their post count, you don't like that so instead everybody just gets a post count of 0 always, because nothing ever adds to their post count. So if everybody has a post count of 0, then you really don't care about post counts, if you really don't care about post counts, then who cares if somebody is trying to get their post count up? If you are talking about having specific sections that don't count towards it, then you should support this thread, as it is already suggesting this and has had a lot of votes already.

No I dont mean turn off the post cound entirely for the entire forum, I simply mean that if you want to you should be able to have posts not be counted for certian areas of the forum.
    Okay, then as I mentioned there is already a suggestion for this. I'm requesting that this thread be locked since it is a duplicate.
    Luky
    Luky
    Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
    Language : Romanian, English

Post by Luky April 29th 2008, 5:18 pm

As travis_cooper already said, this has already been suggested here = >Topic locked