The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Query about a Spell checker

2 posters

Go down

spell checker - Query about a Spell checker Empty Query about a Spell checker

Post by Guest December 19th 2006, 2:52 am

Sorry I had posted this on the wrong board.
Now deleted it from the "General Discussion" Board............

Cas wrote:santa Hi and Happy Christmas to everyone,

Thank you Editboard for the recent new features - especially the security thingy for banning bots IP addresses & usernames. It seems to be working well - as I had started getting loads of these managing to register before.

I want to ask though.......
I know that Spell Checker has been discussed or suggested somewhere else on these Boards before, but is there any likelihood of this in the near future?

If not - can anyone recommend any (free if possible) software that I could use for my forumotion.com forum? A User has asked about this.
Have had a look at the "Spelling Cow" download site http://www.spellingcow.com/
but it appears that after a 30 day trial - there is a fee payable. (Also - it looks a bit complicated, confused & if I tried this I would probably be asking if anyone can provide some step-by-step instructions, as I'm still a novice at all this).

So I'm just exploring all "spell checker" possibilities.
Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Carole thumright

Back to top Go down

spell checker - Query about a Spell checker Empty Re: Query about a Spell checker

Post by Caihlem December 19th 2006, 10:45 am

The idea was proposed, how ever only the technicians can actually tell about new features.
I can't promise, but I think it has been said that it might be an option in futur updates
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

spell checker - Query about a Spell checker Empty Re: Query about a Spell checker

Post by Tristou December 19th 2006, 12:11 pm

To complete Caihlem's post, this suggestion is in the "probable suggestions" here :
https://help.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1670
Tristou
Tristou
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 19th 2006, 2:27 pm

Thanks very much Caihem and Tristou. Fingers crossed then that it will be featured in the near future.

I had actually discovered the page about the "Spelling Cow" one, after doing a search, and must have misunderstood. Like I said - I'm still a Novice at Forum administration (only launched mine in October) ...
So am I correct in thinking then that there is no way I could install a Spell Checker myself to my Forum, but if it is to be done - it will be Editboard who do it in a later Update?

Thanks again Very good

rendeer Carole santa

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem December 19th 2006, 2:30 pm

You can't install mods on your forums manually anyway, so if one day i's installed, it will be EditBoard Cool
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 20th 2006, 1:34 pm

Thanks again Caihlem,
All is much clearer to me now. Much appreciated.
( I think will next start exploring the "Chatbox" thingy)

Bye for now
Carole

Back to top Go down