Everything is squished to the left hand side of the screen! PLEASE HELP!!!!!! Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
+2
zinex
crystal786
6 posters

Everything is squished to the left hand side of the screen! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

crystal786
    crystal786
    Forumember

Female Posts : 924
    Language : English

Everything is squished to the left hand side of the screen! PLEASE HELP!!!!!! Empty Everything is squished to the left hand side of the screen! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Post by crystal786 June 21st 2008, 11:23 pm

Everything on my forum is squished to the left, ever since I added the widget. This is happening to most of my members as well. Please help. Here is an print screen of somebodys forum that is experiencing the same problem as me although mine is even more messed up. My members keep complaining.
    https://2img.net/h/i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk68/monkeyplanet/MESSEDUP.jpg
    zinex
    zinex
    Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
    Language : scotch och aye!

Everything is squished to the left hand side of the screen! PLEASE HELP!!!!!! Empty Re: Everything is squished to the left hand side of the screen! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Post by zinex June 21st 2008, 11:24 pm

what widget did you add and have you removed it then pressed contrl and f5 to refresh the cache?
    Dot Com
    Dot Com
    Forumember

Male Posts : 414
    Language : English,HTML

Everything is squished to the left hand side of the screen! PLEASE HELP!!!!!! Empty Re: Everything is squished to the left hand side of the screen! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Post by Dot Com June 21st 2008, 11:34 pm

crystal786 wrote:Everything on my forum is squished to the left, ever since I added the widget. This is happening to most of my members as well. Please help. Here is an print screen of somebodys forum that is experiencing the same problem as me although mine is even more messed up. My members keep complaining.
    https://2img.net/h/i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk68/monkeyplanet/MESSEDUP.jpg

I am having the same problem, and I have tried what zinex suggested.

What I thought of and have done.
    I have removed and replaced the widget(s).
    I have also deleted my cookies.
    Also tried different internet browsers.
    I have even tried different computers.
    I have refreshed the page.

Please help with this problem I really want to use the widgets. Very Happy
    crystal786
    crystal786
    Forumember

Post by crystal786 June 21st 2008, 11:40 pm

Well sometimes it works but what about all the members of my forum. They cant keep doing that........
    crystal786
    crystal786
    Forumember

Post by crystal786 June 22nd 2008, 2:23 pm

TECHNICIANS REALLY NEED TO SORT THIS OUT! I HAVE HAD TO REMOVE THE WIDGETS JUST BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS SQUISHED TO THE LEFT! Mad
    crystal786
    crystal786
    Forumember

Post by crystal786 June 22nd 2008, 9:32 pm

Its been an long time and still no-one has helped. Exclamation
    Starspy123
    Starspy123
    Forumember

Male Posts : 49

Post by Starspy123 June 23rd 2008, 7:02 am

Ok I will try to help you out. It really hasnt been that long since you wrote each post. Only a matter of hours, and Technicians dont work on Weekends. Wait until a weekday for a Technician to help you out.

Did you remove all the widgets off your forum and the size is still the same?
    Dot Com
    Dot Com
    Forumember

Post by Dot Com June 23rd 2008, 7:06 am

Starspy123 wrote:Ok I will try to help you out. It really hasnt been that long since you wrote each post. Only a matter of hours, and Technicians dont work on Weekends. Wait until a weekday for a Technician to help you out.

Did you remove all the widgets off your forum and the size is still the same?
    After I removed the widgets, my forum went back to its normal size. After I added them again it went squished again.
    Thanks For Helping,
    Patty556 Hello
    Starspy123
    Starspy123
    Forumember

Male Posts : 49

Post by Starspy123 June 23rd 2008, 7:07 am

Your welcome.

Well if you add widgets on the side of the pade, of course it will make the screeen size smaller. The screen can only be so big until a point where it has to shrink down.

Glad I could be of service.
    ~Star

P.S. - If this was a Technician Problem, I would have posted this thread in the Forum called Need a Technician? Instead of where it is now..This is just a suggestion for next time.
    Dot Com
    Dot Com
    Forumember

Post by Dot Com June 23rd 2008, 7:13 am

No it makes it so it is only about 1.25cm wide on the screen.
    Patty556
    Broly Ss10
    Broly Ss10
    Forumember

Male Posts : 349
    Language : English/Spanish

Post by Broly Ss10 June 23rd 2008, 8:38 am

Hiya,

This problem has been happening throughout the forums, some concerned it's widgets, some people think it's punBB. Try clearing Web Browsing History after your widget is added.
    zakir321

Language : english

Post by zakir321 June 23rd 2008, 5:48 pm

Crystal, could you provide us with a screenshot (full size) please? Would be easier to spot the problem as it seems to work on my testboard.
    Dot Com
    Dot Com
    Forumember

Post by Dot Com June 24th 2008, 6:41 am

Finally, it is working now.
    I think on phpbb3 forums the widgets must be on the right hand side. Nothing is squished anymore.
    For Me at least.
    Thank YOU