Can I make another usergroup that can access the admin panel? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

Can I make another usergroup that can access the admin panel?

GraphixQueen
    Forumember

Language : English

Can I make another usergroup that can access the admin panel? Empty Can I make another usergroup that can access the admin panel?

Post by GraphixQueen Mon 11 Aug 2008 - 23:25

^^^

Can I make another usergroup who can access the admin panel? If so,how?
    Saurus
    Forumember

Male Posts : 789
    Language : english

Can I make another usergroup that can access the admin panel? Empty Re: Can I make another usergroup that can access the admin panel?

Post by Saurus Tue 12 Aug 2008 - 5:08

No. Only admins can access the CP.
    If you don't want them called Admins, you CAN create another group name, change Admins to a hidden group, and they (and you) will show that way - but they still have to be assigned as admins in the CP.
    For example, my group name shows as "Founder-Admin" and my assistant shows as "Assistant Admin". Both are admin group members with different group names.
    GraphixQueen
    Forumember

Can I make another usergroup that can access the admin panel? Empty Re: Can I make another usergroup that can access the admin panel?

Post by GraphixQueen Wed 13 Aug 2008 - 23:36

Any more answers?
    Ryuku
    Ryuku
    Forumember

Male Posts : 165

Post by Ryuku Wed 13 Aug 2008 - 23:40

Saurus explained it pretty well, there isn't really much to add. You have to add them to the admin usergroup if you want them to see the admin panel, so the answer to your question is no.