New User, gone before they post Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2 posters

New User, gone before they post

The Magician

Male Posts : 1
    Language : English

New User, gone before they post Empty New User, gone before they post

Post by The Magician September 24th 2008, 3:12 am

I have had several (as in far too numerous) new user sign-ups, and when I check profile, they are gone before I get there. I am assuming that it is a previous user who has a mental problem, signing in under different aliases. Is there any way I can check the ISP of a new sign up before they actually post? If so, I would be able to ban the ISP without chancing banning someone who could be a potential new member at some time in the future.

Thanks for your help.
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
    Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

New User, gone before they post Empty Re: New User, gone before they post

Post by kirk September 24th 2008, 4:09 am

The Magician wrote:I have had several (as in far too numerous) new user sign-ups, and when I check profile, they are gone before I get there. I am assuming that it is a previous user who has a mental problem, signing in under different aliases. Is there any way I can check the ISP of a new sign up before they actually post? If so, I would be able to ban the ISP without chancing banning someone who could be a potential new member at some time in the future.

Thanks for your help.

i'm not sure if i understand there gone b/f you get there.
    do you have the setting set to ware the can delete there own accounts?
    if so i would fix that.
    as far as the ip. if they posted something. then check the ip and just block that ip along with the email address. then the only way the can come back is with a diff
    user name, email and ip address.

hope that helps. I'm a Lil confused on the whole there gone b/f you get there part?