Logged in, and yet, not? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

Logged in, and yet, not?

endless013
    endless013
    Forumember

Male Posts : 450
    Language : english

Logged in, and yet, not? Empty Logged in, and yet, not?

Post by endless013 October 22nd 2008, 6:50 pm

This morning (oct-22-08 ) I wake up to see that my last visit to my forums was at 457am today (I was asleep then) and I was told by my GF that I logged on at the same time she did but while she was watching the forums as a guest (shes also a MOD) I wasn't there. She's in a diffrent town so she didn't know if it was me or not but what we both find odd is that "I" logged in at the exact same moment she did. The "me" that was logged in didn't post anything or mess with the AdminCP or do anything so I don't think I was hacked, becides I have a solid e mail, its not a yahoo or anything web based like that. Plus I use a strong Password, always have.

Is there some way a bug or glitch could have done this or possibly someone from forumotion was checking out my CP as me or poking around the forums or something?

if this is in the wrong area please point me in the right area for this..
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
    Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Logged in, and yet, not? Empty Re: Logged in, and yet, not?

Post by kirk October 22nd 2008, 7:33 pm

endless013 wrote:This morning (oct-22-08 ) I wake up to see that my last visit to my forums was at 457am today (I was asleep then) and I was told by my GF that I logged on at the same time she did but while she was watching the forums as a guest (shes also a MOD) I wasn't there. She's in a diffrent town so she didn't know if it was me or not but what we both find odd is that "I" logged in at the exact same moment she did. The "me" that was logged in didn't post anything or mess with the AdminCP or do anything so I don't think I was hacked, becides I have a solid e mail, its not a yahoo or anything web based like that. Plus I use a strong Password, always have.

Is there some way a bug or glitch could have done this or possibly someone from forumotion was checking out my CP as me or poking around the forums or something?

if this is in the wrong area please point me in the right area for this..

well i dont think it's in the wrong spot.
    what i would do. is click on meberlist and check out all ip used for your user name.
    if diff ip's come up. run the ones that are not yours.
    you will ether find a member that has in fact logged in as you( may be your girl?? lol)
    or it might not come up as any members. so if there's an ip . and it's not you . your girl or member. then block that ip. now for some reason it dose come up as another member? well that's not cool either. it means they logged in as you.
    so ban them and block them as well.

hope that helps. thats about the only thing i can tink of doing. see what ip were ever used by your user name. and take it from there.
    endless013
    endless013
    Forumember

Post by endless013 October 22nd 2008, 8:10 pm

How do I check for the IP's that way?

Only two ways I know about are IP's used to post (there was no post made so thats no good) and the IP that can be seen in the ACP when someone is logged in (I wasn't there to see it so again its no good).
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Post by kirk October 22nd 2008, 8:34 pm

endless013 wrote:How do I check for the IP's that way?

Only two ways I know about are IP's used to post (there was no post made so thats no good) and the IP that can be seen in the ACP when someone is logged in (I wasn't there to see it so again its no good).

it's not an option anymore. sorry.
    i remember i had to do this once like two maybe three years ago.
    when i ran the members name through a search it came up with other ip that the user had used.
    it's not doing that anymore and i don't know why.

let me mess with it to see if i can remember the exact way i did this b/f.
    but i know that i have. they may have changed it..
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Post by kirk October 22nd 2008, 8:50 pm

kirk wrote:
    endless013 wrote:How do I check for the IP's that way?

Only two ways I know about are IP's used to post (there was no post made so that's no good) and the IP that can be seen in the ACP when someone is logged in (I wasn't there to see it so again its no good).

it's not an option anymore. sorry.
    i remember i had to do this once like two maybe three years ago.
    when i ran the members name through a search it came up with other ip that the user had used.
    it's not doing that anymore and i don't know why.

let me mess with it to see if i can remember the exact way i did this b/f.
    but i know that i have. they may have changed it..

dude they screwed everything up here. this was never like this b/f
    you used to be able to bring up ip on anyone easy. weather they posted or not. if they were a member then you can do it. see i have not had to do it in so long i did not even know these changes were in place.
    this bites. forumotion is going off there rocker.

think i'm going back to phppb or get my paid one back.
    sorry i tried. but yea that's the only way what you said. never used to be like that.
    i know for a fact that when admins went to members list. there was a row with the users ip and something to click that said show all ip form this user.

not anymore it;s not there. i think you were able to allow mods to view that to.

now it's just.
    Location Joined, Last visit, Posts, Private Message, Website (used to be a IP here)
    you would click the top and it would show all ip that any member ever used. wtf
    another day in paradise

i wanna know why and when they changed this. has it bin that long.. lol oh brother.
    the last i remember doing it was at least two years ago.

Last edited by kirk on October 22nd 2008, 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    endless013
    endless013
    Forumember

Post by endless013 October 22nd 2008, 8:53 pm

ok, thanks for looking, to bad thats not an option any more... Why they would remove something that vital to an admin doesn't make any sence. Maybe someone else will have an idea what to do with this.
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Post by kirk October 22nd 2008, 9:10 pm

endless013 wrote:ok, thanks for looking, to bad thats not an option any more... Why they would remove something that vital to an admin doesn't make any sence. Maybe someone else will have an idea what to do with this.

i guess we can request to have it back.
    but like you said. why would they take that out. i know for a fact it was there.
    b/c i had a member come in and send me a rather threatening message in my pm.
    and i looked up the member and seen his ip. clicked it for other ip's and it come up as one of my mods using the same ip under a diff email. so he created another account was was messing around joking with me.

so i let go for a day or two. then he finally told me and laugh about it on the staff board. if he never me told i would have baned. it wasn't funny. but since he did and was only joking it was no big deal then.

but yea that option was there and now it's not. Lil things like this tick me off. b/c if that option was never there at the time. i would never knew it was my mod messing with me and baned the person wright off the bat..
    i'm telling ya forumotion is going off there rocker lol! . things never used to be like this
    Shadow
    Shadow
    Manager
    Manager

Male Posts : 16217
    Language : French, English

Post by Shadow October 23rd 2008, 9:51 am

If you had an issue in the past days and you asked for help here, it might be possible that me or a tech connected to the founder account to sort it out.
    endless013
    endless013
    Forumember

Post by endless013 October 24th 2008, 4:27 pm

Only issue I've had the last few days is there being ads for "adult chatrooms" showing.