The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spell checker for Topics, Reply, and Quick Reply

+13
fan4me
neuronet
punkfilter
Retro Mario
myther
rtl93
PEGWINN
assasinkilla
Albert
STMB
Richard
mersey
Caihlem
17 posters

Go down

Spellchecker for Topics, Reply, Quick Reply

spell checker - Spell checker for Topics, Reply, and Quick Reply Left1189%spell checker - Spell checker for Topics, Reply, and Quick Reply Right11 89% 
[ 57 ]
spell checker - Spell checker for Topics, Reply, and Quick Reply Left1111%spell checker - Spell checker for Topics, Reply, and Quick Reply Right11 11% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 64

Poll closed

spell checker - Spell checker for Topics, Reply, and Quick Reply Empty Spell checker for Topics, Reply, and Quick Reply

Post by Guest March 3rd 2007, 2:27 pm

I am a stickler for proper spelling. It would be a good idea to have a spell checker added to the sites so that you can check the spelling of your post before submitting it.

Back to top Go down

spell checker - Spell checker for Topics, Reply, and Quick Reply Empty Re: Spell checker for Topics, Reply, and Quick Reply

Post by Caihlem March 3rd 2007, 2:36 pm

Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

spell checker - Spell checker for Topics, Reply, and Quick Reply Empty Re: Spell checker for Topics, Reply, and Quick Reply

Post by Guest March 3rd 2007, 3:02 pm

Yes. I read the posts and it seems that it wont be added.

Ok then. If a mod chooses to delete this topic then do so as it seems this wont be added anyway.

Thanks for that link Caihlem

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem March 3rd 2007, 3:05 pm

Check the date when Gautamass posted it Wink

I could lock this topic since it has already been proposed, but I'll leave it open so as that members can give their opinions, seen as the one in the arcives is rather old Wink

P.S: you're welcome
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by mersey March 6th 2007, 10:48 pm

ye i like is as i cant really spell
mersey
mersey
Forumember

Male Posts : 186
Language : english

http://hab-help.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard March 9th 2007, 12:09 am

just download the google toolbar soo you can have the spell checker every where you go. But some people cant/ or not aloud to download stuff.
Richard
Richard

Male Posts : 15
Language : English & SignLanguage

http://thegamerzone.buygoo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 18th 2007, 11:10 pm

Voted yes, spell checker needed, as I'm also a stickler for correct English & spelling. One of my Moderators has been asking for a spell-checker too.
Cas

Back to top Go down

Post by STMB March 18th 2007, 11:58 pm

It is an excelent Idea. I can't understand why it was turned down in the past.
STMB

Male Posts : 18
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert March 19th 2007, 4:11 am

If you use Firefox it has a spell checker as you type........but I preferr to use IE7.
Albert
Albert
Forumember

Male Posts : 73

http://sellaman.50webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by assasinkilla April 23rd 2007, 5:25 am

Thid would be very amazing? For some guys that have a bad english( me, a litle xD)
assasinkilla
Forumember

Male Posts : 103

http://ffateam.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PEGWINN April 29th 2007, 5:52 am

I've noticed that boards with built in spell checkers are often slower than those without. I personally use google toolbar spell check and it has almost never let me down.

Another free spell check for Internet Explorer that I have heard good things about.

HTH
PEGWINN

Male Posts : 3

http://rationalthought.niceboard.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by rtl93 April 30th 2007, 11:04 pm

We need a spell checker nobody can spell on my forum!
rtl93
rtl93
Forumember

Male Posts : 168

http://www.clubpenguinplaanet.net

Back to top Go down

Post by myther May 20th 2007, 6:41 am

We don't need this features... What's wrong with Google Toolbar. They have Spell checker...

You can download it here --> http://www.google.com/tools/firefox/toolbar/FT3/intl/en/index.html
myther

Female Posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Retro Mario May 20th 2007, 4:26 pm

Richard wrote:just download the google toolbar soo you can have the spell checker every where you go. But some people cant/ or not aloud to download stuff.

Well, isn't that too much?

I mean, you have to download it and do that stuff, I don't think it's neccesary to download it.

And I voted Yes, I think it will help us alot, besides, I also mistake on Grammar also.
Retro Mario
Retro Mario

Male Posts : 24

http://mushroompipeline.activebb.net/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 20th 2007, 6:07 pm

Yeah, I'd quite like one built into EditBoard. I vote yes, makes life ever easier Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by GeoX May 25th 2007, 7:19 pm

nice idea, YES
GeoX

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfilter June 3rd 2007, 11:46 pm

people who's spelling is past the point of understandingdon't deserve to have a keyboard in their possession.

and this really gets to me because if it were an autochecker, it would always spell my name as "linkfilter"

i don't know wtf a linkfilter is, but google does that to me all the time

if it were optional, then go for it, but i odnt see how
punkfilter
punkfilter
Forumember

Male Posts : 111

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 28th 2007, 4:35 am

Bump

Back to top Go down

Post by neuronet May 4th 2009, 3:10 pm

Clearly spellchecking would be good. In my forum, many users are from non English speaking countries and use English as a second language.

We should not expect users to use or download specific additional software simply to have the option of spellchecking their posts.

Developers, when confronted by a clear majority of users who want feature X, who tell users they "shouldn't want" that feature, are nearly always wrong. They should just be honest and say that while it would be nice, it would take too much time or resources to incorporate such a feature into the product.

In this case, it is clearly better to have the spellcheck option. Have a checkbox for those that want it, for those that don't want it, don't click the box. It would be a great feature for forumotion that I have seen at many other forums.
neuronet

Back to top Go down

Post by fan4me September 12th 2010, 6:32 pm

Please add this feature Smile
fan4me
fan4me
Forumember

Male Posts : 126

http://orianthi.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem September 12th 2010, 8:55 pm

Damn :/
You actually vamped a topic where I wasn't even moderator yet pale

As an answer for nowadays, I'd say all you need to do is install a spell-checker add-on for FireFox, IE, Chrome (whatever you're using)
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by rumor_has_it December 6th 2010, 4:21 am

I really think the forum would benefit from a spell check for sure even if most browsers have a spell check feature.
rumor_has_it

Back to top Go down

Post by Strangelove February 27th 2011, 5:59 pm

I voted yes.

We need this feature. Yeah theres workarounds but I've seen ppbb boards with spellcheck and it works nicely.
Strangelove
Forumember

Male Posts : 48
Language : Englsih

Back to top Go down

Post by ToTheFuture February 27th 2011, 6:37 pm

Voted yes, but I'm curious as to how this would work with HTML and BBCode... Plus, most browsers already have built-in spellcheck.
ToTheFuture
ToTheFuture
Forumember

Language : English, Français

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 12th 2014, 7:38 am

There is already a spell checker on the editor, unless you're suggesting another spell checker, please be clear with your suggestions.

Suggestion refused !
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down