The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Activation key

4 posters

Go down

activation - Activation key Empty Activation key

Post by Oumghita Thu 23 Mar - 17:06

Hello,

I would like you to tell me how to tell me how to delete the account activation and allow the visitors of my forum to register easily.

Actually, I created this forum for my students so that they can have access to exercises. Yet, almost all of them find the procedure of the registration a bit difficult and do not know how to activate their accounts.

Thanks flower
Oumghita
Oumghita

Female Posts : 12
Language : English

http://english-classroom.actifforum.com

Back to top Go down

activation - Activation key Empty Re: Activation key

Post by Cornelia Thu 23 Mar - 22:08

Hello and welcome!

It is not possible to skip the activation key. There is a poll about it on the French version of the support forum (the link is in my profile).

And now, here's what you can do and what they can do :

If they use a Hotmail/MSN address, they must look in their spam mail folder to find the activation mail.

AOL addresses must be avoided because they block the activation mails.

In the e-mail, there's a link they have to click to activate their account. If it says the link is invalid (it may happen if the link is cut in two lines), they must copy-paste ENTIRELY the link in the address bar of their navigator.

If your students didn't receive anything even if they looked in their spam mails, you can activate their accounts by going in Admin Panel > User Admin > Management > in the list, you click on the name of an inactive member to enter in their profile > at the bottom of the page, at the question "User is active", you choose "Yes".
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

activation - Activation key Empty Thanks

Post by Oumghita Thu 23 Mar - 23:39

Thank you very much for your answer. thumright

Well, I guess that I'd use the second method which is much more easier.
I'll activate their accounts my self.

flower
Oumghita
Oumghita

Back to top Go down

Post by Oumghita Tue 23 May - 0:48

Katt wrote:Hello and welcome!

It is not possible to skip the activation key. There is a poll about it on the French version of the support forum (the link is in my profile).

And now, here's what you can do and what they can do :

If they use a Hotmail/MSN address, they must look in their spam mail folder to find the activation mail.

AOL addresses must be avoided because they block the activation mails.

In the e-mail, there's a link they have to click to activate their account. If it says the link is invalid (it may happen if the link is cut in two lines), they must copy-paste ENTIRELY the link in the address bar of their navigator.

If your students didn't receive anything even if they looked in their spam mails, you can activate their accounts by going in Admin Panel > User Admin > Management > in the list, you click on the name of an inactive member to enter in their profile > at the bottom of the page, at the question "User is active", you choose "Yes".

Hello again,

First of all, I would like to tell you that I chose this way of posting cause I could not post normally. When I tried it gave me a message telling that only special members are allowed to post on the forum. Shocked

Well, I just want to ask you if it is possible to create a chat section on the forum?

Thank you very much. flower
Oumghita
Oumghita

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Takua Thu 19 Mar - 1:20

Oumghita: 1st Problem
Directions:
you need to do these easy steps:
Admin Panel > Users & Groups > User Options > New Acc Activation Automatic Activation
2nd Problem:
Directions: Chat Box:
Admin Panel > Modules > Chat Box > Configuration > Activate Chat Box, Yes > Chat Box Display, anything you want

Hope I helped!
Dark Takua
Dark Takua
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1012

http://gzpower.forumotions.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario Thu 19 Mar - 1:22

Please do not bring up old post from 3 years ago.

=>Locked
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down